ABandIG

Flying together back to US while k1 is pending

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello everyone! :hehe:

I'm getting quite paranoid here...My fiancè is going to come and visit me in July and since our visa journey is still at the beginning, we decided to try to spend some time together in the US, so we're going to fly together back to the US, going through Dublin pre-clearance.

My question is... how do you guys see the fact that we're flying "together"? I mean...is it somehow going to be a "red flag" at the POE (even though I'll tell, if asked, that he's my fiancè)?

And what line should we get in when we're going through security? Do we have to go separate ways?

Thank you everyone..I'll have proof of ties to my country and I'm honestly hoping there won't be no issues but I would like to know what do you think....

:bonk:

Thanks <3

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Nov 21 '09 - We found each other. ABIG was born

Jan 08 '10 - AB proposed to IG. Happiest Yes ever.

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 12 '11 - NVC received

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Sep 7 '11 - VISA AND HOLY PACKAGE IN HAND <3

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

"My heart is there with You, and Yours is here with Me. Our love will protect each and every beat until We reunite"[AB]

Hello everyone! :hehe:

I'm getting quite paranoid here...My fiancè is going to come and visit me in July and since our visa journey is still at the beginning, we decided to try to spend some time together in the US, so we're going to fly together back to the US, going through Dublin pre-clearance.

My question is... how do you guys see the fact that we're flying "together"? I mean...is it somehow going to be a "red flag" at the POE (even though I'll tell, if asked, that he's my fiancè)?

And what line should we get in when we're going through security? Do we have to go separate ways?

Thank you everyone..I'll have proof of ties to my country and I'm honestly hoping there won't be no issues but I would like to know what do you think....

:bonk:

Thanks <3

Hi, as long as you have proof that you will be going back and probably 1 way on your 2 way plane ticket left. I think you two can go thru the non-citizen line. Some people say it might be better to not even tell them you came to visit yor fiance and just go thru seperate lines so you won't have to mention it. I don't have first hand experience with this. Good luck and enjoy the trip! B-)

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline
Hi, as long as you have proof that you will be going back and probably 1 way on your 2 way plane ticket left. I think you two can go thru the non-citizen line. Some people say it might be better to not even tell them you came to visit yor fiance and just go thru seperate lines so you won't have to mention it. I don't have first hand experience with this. Good luck and enjoy the trip! B-)

I thought about it but then I thought about the question "who are you staying with" and what if I say his name and they got it on their list of other passengers travelling that day? @_@

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

"My heart is there with You, and Yours is here with Me. Our love will protect each and every beat until We reunite"[AB]

I thought about it but then I thought about the question "who are you staying with" and what if I say his name and they got it on their list of other passengers travelling that day? @_@

But still usually, I don't think you have to say you are visiting anybody specific. You can say you're seeing the sights and visiting some friends. Well I guess it really depends on what they ask you and your situation, like if you've been to the US before to have some friends or relatives here.

Yes whatever you feel comfortable with, it all seems to depend on the passport officers mood at that moment, how many questions they want to ask. Mostly if they know you will be going back it shouldn't be a problem. :yes:

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

your all good. we just traveled from Dublin, you will be fine just bring proof you intend to return home and copies of your Noa1

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Timeline
But still usually, I don't think you have to say you are visiting anybody specific. You can say you're seeing the sights and visiting some friends. Well I guess it really depends on what they ask you and your situation, like if you've been to the US before to have some friends or relatives here.

Yeah it's very uncertain...Last time I've been there they wanted to know where I was going to live for those 89 days, with who and in whose bed.....

aaaanyway... >_>

(lol!)

your all good. we just traveled from Dublin, you will be fine just bring proof you intend to return home and copies of your Noa1

Thanks! This does make me feel a bit better.. :star:

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

Timeline
I am going through Dublin in less than 2 weeks. Whatever happens, I'll put up a detailed review for you. I hope I don't have any problems. I am panicking about it like there's no tomorrow :(

awww hun :( I'm sure you will be fine. You got proof of ties to home? Make sure you bring everything you can with you. Don't panic...everything will go just fine.

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

Timeline

awww hun :( I'm sure you will be fine. You got proof of ties to home? Make sure you bring everything you can with you. Don't panic...everything will go just fine.

Good luck!!! I'm sure everything will go fine and I hope you have a good time together in Italy and the US! :)

--K1 Timeline

02/10/11- 129F petition sent

02/15/11- NOA1 hard copy

06/10/11- NOA2 Hard copy

08/03/11- Interview!!!

08/03/11- Visa APPROVED!!! <3

08/18/11- POE Philadelphia

10/01/11- MARRIED!!!!! <3 <3 <3 <3

--AOS Timeline

11/04/11- I-485 petition sent

11/10/11- NOA

11/28/11- RFE 1

12/12/11- Biometrics

12/19/11- Transferred to CSC

06/01/12- RFE 2

06/22/12- Approved!!!

06/28/12- Welcome Letter and green card in the mail!!

ROC: March 2014!

Lt1zp2.png

kqw6m4.png

Timeline

Good luck!!! I'm sure everything will go fine and I hope you have a good time together in Italy and the US! :)

I'm staying positive! Thank you Hannah (L)

Anyway, we already booked our tickets. We're flying back to US together and we'll go through Dublin as planned. We'll be honest at the POE...I don't see what's wrong with 2 people that love each others and that are going to get married soon, to want to spend some time together as a couple.. Let's hope for the best :hehe:

.... :wacko:

bannerfbabig1.jpg

Mar 17 '11 - I-129F sent

Mar 25 '11 - NOA1

Jun 13 '11 - NOA2

July 19 '11 - NVC sent

Aug 3 '11 - packet 3

Aug 12 '11 - packet 4

Sep 7 '11 - INTERVIEW

Oct 13 '11 - POE

LZhZp2.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.