Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ok, this is my theory!! LPR are naturalizing like ants, so F2A applicants are becoming F1 and that is causing our category to pile up, while slowing it down. So basically, F2A has less applicants and so they move faster.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Most categories are moving way faster than F1. I don't get it.

These are the movements for this bulletin (if my calculations are correct):

F1 - 21 days

F2A - 99 days

F2B - 54 days

F3 - 24 days

F4 - 0 days

F1-Philippines - 214 days

PS. It seems they are holding F1 so that F2B and F1-Philippines catch up with F1. That's my only guess.

Edited by NevermindVz

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

F1 - 21 days

F2A - 99 days

F2B - 54 days

F3 - 24 days

F4 - 0 days

PS. It seems they are holding F1 so that F2B and F1-Philippines catch up with F1. That's my only guess.

It seems like it. I am not sure what people at NVC are up to and don't know if the immigration reform bill has something to do with it.

Edited by loudoff

SIMJ32/SISTER2---------24APR06----------------------
CHIKU83-----------------28APR06----------------------
ONLY_WISH---------------..APR06----------------------..MAR11
LOROKO01----------------..APR06----------------------01APR11

MARAMR------------------02MAY06----------------------
PEDRAM------------------12MAY06----------------------
IVEN321/IVEN------------18MAY06----------------------

It is expected that these are people will be getting interview letter for July visa bulletin.

Timeline

Do you mean F2b?

Yes F2b,

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

F1 - 21 days

F2A - 99 days

F2B - 54 days

F3 - 24 days

F4 - 0 days

Catch up, how?

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

At least there is some movement. With the look of things, let's hope the immigration reform bill passes very soon or else F2B will be ahead of F1 cos there is on way to stop people from naturalizing.

At least there is some movement. With the look of things, let's hope the immigration reform bill passes very soon or else F2B will be ahead of F1 cos there is no way to stop people from naturalizing.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

SIMJ32/SISTER2---------24APR06----------------------

CHIKU83-----------------28APR06----------------------

ONLY_WISH---------------..APR06----------------------..MAR11

LOROKO01----------------..APR06----------------------01APR11

MARAMR------------------02MAY06----------------------

PEDRAM------------------12MAY06----------------------

IVEN321/IVEN------------18MAY06----------------------

It is expected that these are people will be getting interview letter for July visa bulletin.

I hope you are right..... I hope to have my interview in July. If they move by another month I will be current.

Timeline

Guys that is exactly what's happening! The filers who filed as LPR are becoming citizens so the f2a category is moving faster as they are moving into f1... That's wats happening but u hope they look into this and see that f1 category needs to gave more visa numbers and I agree with the forum member who thinks it has to do with the immigration reform because isn't one aspect to make lpr spouses and kids under 21 immediate relatives..

They will be moving at a steady pace if three to four weeks for f1 that's what I think because they are trying their best to avoid retrogressing

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I am happy for the movement but the big problem I am having is the fact that they didn't give us any future projections.

I guess we just going to have to continue to rely on each other to share our information.

I really don't know what I would do without this thread. Thanks again west.

West it looks like you will be current in the next bulletin.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

I hope you are right..... I hope to have my interview in July. If they move by another month I will be current.

I am trying to be optimistic. Since we are approaching the end of FY2013, I am looking forward to see more than 3 weeks movement expecting that NVC will not try to waste visa numbers for this fiscal year. Remember that there are annually 23,400 visa numbers for F1 so they better meet this numbers otherwise some of them will be wasted or given to other visa categories.

Timeline

I am happy for the movement but the big problem I am having is the fact that they didn't give us any future projections.

I guess we just going to have to continue to rely on each other to share our information.

I really don't know what I would do without this thread. Thanks again west.

West it looks like you will be current in the next bulletin.

If it keep moving at this snail pace, I doubt that I will be current in July bulletin. August bulletin would be more like it or even September. I don't know!! (It is like the closer we reach, the further it's away)

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

If it keep moving at this snail pace, I doubt that I will be current in July bulletin. August bulletin would be more like it or even September. I don't know!! (It is like the closer we reach, the further it's away)

I hope, for all our sakes, it starts to speed up.

I know we are considered to be in one of the quickest of the categories, but this wait is really tearing families apart. I've just returned to the UK after visiting my Mum in US and it's so hard to leave. I consider myself fortunate; I know many aren't able to visit even.

CIR or something, really needs to be passed say families aren't separated for decades on end.

Timeline

I hope, for all our sakes, it starts to speed up.

I know we are considered to be in one of the quickest of the categories, but this wait is really tearing families apart. I've just returned to the UK after visiting my Mum in US and it's so hard to leave. I consider myself fortunate; I know many aren't able to visit even.

CIR or something, really needs to be passed say families aren't separated for decades on end.

I hope so too, even though my optimism is repeatedly diminished.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.