Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good day Westlink I have been following your convo with Grace and I was wondering if I would have to apply for the non-impediment cert at the Rgd?

Hi good day! I think we should get one in case it is required. For myself, I wouldn't feel good to know I could get one and didn't. I really don't need any delay when my turn comes as I have a far distance to travel to my interview. So trying to find out what I am going to need. It is better to lose the money I payed to get the non-impediment cert (in case it is not needed) than have my visa delayed because it is needed. I am tired of waiting and I don't want to be the one to cause a delay.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Timeline

Guys I was just reading this. I can't imagine how this can happen. This unmarried lady applied for the impediment cert only to find out that she is married, Crazy!!http://jamaica-star.com/thestar/20070126/news/news1.html

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Congrats. What happened at your POE? Did you go in the line saying citizens? Did they do another interview there? And that envelope....what became of it?

My POE was at Newark, EWR International Airport....My flight landed at 12:20 PM....At Immigration & Customs...there was an Officer who guided people at respective counters....US Citizens & Permanent Residents on one side and other International Visitors at next side. On my turn i presented my Passport & Envelope to the Officer...he took my fingerprints and eye scan and guided me to another room where there were some people sitting. After some time the officer called me and took my signature and Index fingerprint...that's it gave back my passport stamped and told me u can go now....

Now at my home with my parents and very very Happy.....Guys do ask me any questions and feel free.....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yay I'm so happy Krishh!!! I can just imagine how happy you are! All the best!!

West send on the questions... I have no problem helping where I can...:)... To apply for the no impediment certificate just go to the RGD Registrar General Department and tell them just that.. You must bring your birth certificate and just take ur IL letter just incase they ask you for it... Ensure you tell them to do a search in all the parishes k and it is $5200 for 6 week service and express is 5 days for $6600... they are only valid for 6 months so wait until u r near the interview to apply for it k... Unfortunately u can't apply for this one online :(

Yaa...Thanks GraceA...very much...and i wish all best for u too for ur Interview...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

My POE was at Newark, EWR International Airport....My flight landed at 12:20 PM....At Immigration & Customs...there was an Officer who guided people at respective counters....US Citizens & Permanent Residents on one side and other International Visitors at next side. On my turn i presented my Passport & Envelope to the Officer...he took my fingerprints and eye scan and guided me to another room where there were some people sitting. After some time the officer called me and took my signature and Index fingerprint...that's it gave back my passport stamped and told me u can go now....

Now at my home with my parents and very very Happy.....Guys do ask me any questions and feel free.....

That's great!! I'm very happy for you! :thumbs:

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi good day! I think we should get one in case it is required. For myself, I wouldn't feel good to know I could get one and didn't. I really don't need any delay when my turn comes as I have a far distance to travel to my interview. So trying to find out what I am going to need. It is better to lose the money I payed to get the non-impediment cert (in case it is not needed) than have my visa delayed because it is needed. I am tired of waiting and I don't want to be the one to cause a delay.

It is definitely better to be safe than sorry. I made a List of documents that I think I would need if I get current in 2013.

Documents

----—---—————

1) Police Certificate

2) 2012 Tax returns

3) New photos

4) Medical

5) $165.00usd fee

6) non-impediment cert - Thanks to you and grace I have added this document.

Edited by f1junkie

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Timeline

It is definitely better to be safe than sorry. I made a List of documents that I think I would need if I get current in 2013.

Documents

----—---—————

1) Police Certificate

2) 2012 Tax returns

3) New photos

4) Medical

5) $165.00usd fee

6) non-impediment cert - Thanks to you and grace I have added this document.

Yes it is! Those are the Documents we need to prepared, so that's good.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi iven, sounds like we are in the same boat. You are the only other Canadian I have seen in this thread :)

I had heard that the wait for Montreal was horrendous but looks like they're picking up the pace as my interview is only 4 weeks after I become current. I'm nervous but hopeful that everything goes well. Best wishes to you! Hopefully you are with your family by mid summer

Yea there arent many canadians interested in immigrating to Canada I guess haha. Hey what city u live in? I live in edmonton Canada. Yea I also heard that the wait at Montreal embassy was crazzy long but good to see they picking up their paces. I have a ioukta whose a member of this thread on my facebook. U can add me if u like on facebook as well. I will personal message you as well with my email. Also what sort of documents have you prepared before going to the interview? If you dont mind sharing that please.

I also have one more question and will appeciate if someone can answer it for me. My mother is my sponsor and my sister is a co-sponsor, My mother is not working and has never worked in United States. Do you know if they still have to file a return? I noticed that some people wrote that you are required to take the copies of your sponsors tax returns. I will definately be takin my sisters tax returns with me to the interview. Some one had informed my mother that if they are not making any money then they are not required to file. So should be ok with not filing or would she still be required to file a Zero return meaning return that shows zero income. Please if any one can answer this thanks a lot.

And also so far it seems like the visa bulletin will only move 3 weeks? Kinda disappointing was hoping atleast 1 month movement, but lets hope for a 1 month movement for next VB.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Guys...Just to inform u all...i am in US right now...Very easy POE. And very Happy now....i'm with my Mom & Dad.....and everything went fine at US.....No Hassles....Thankyou all for ur support..

Krishh, how wonderful you are already with your parents! Please visit us in this forum when you are free. Meanwhile, all the best to you!

Timeline

Ok thanks, sure could use the help. Ok why do I have to tell them to search all the parishes? I am not living in Kingston, can I apply for it in my parish at one of the RGD outlet?

Well you dont have to put all the parishes.. I think just the ones you have lived in...

I saw your story in the star about the lady who was married.. Goodness you have some real cold and disgusting people... Hope she got thru though...

Timeline

Well you dont have to put all the parishes.. I think just the ones you have lived in...

I saw your story in the star about the lady who was married.. Goodness you have some real cold and disgusting people... Hope she got thru though...

Ok thanks. That story makes one nervous because the system seems to be corrupt, the same system that you and I are going to use. I just hope and pray that never happens to anyone again.

FB-1 Visa Event Date

f1 watch list

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No....they did not mentioned in I/L to bring new Tax returns But we must prepare for new tax returns from our sponser. 2011 year is good and if u have 2012 also its will be awesome. I would recommend all to take 2012 year also along with 2011. Even if u have 1040 and W2..its fine. I took 1040 and W2...and it was ok.

Regarding 1-134..its not required for us...its for Non Immigrants. We have to submit I-864. And yes..i also suggest all to get new I-864 form from petitioner mentioning 2012, 2011 & 2010 year as they may ask for it again. All depends upon CO.

Do ask me more questions if u have. I will surely answer all.

Thanks for the wishes...

Thanks all...for Best Wishes....

Do ask me any question u all have in mind....

Thankyou again.

before the interview you did not receive a checklist of documents that it is necessary to add the recent taxes from your family?

post-156602-0-76074600-1365490627_thumb.jpg

PD: Sept 12, 2007

Case Completed: Apr 06, 2011

​I/L Received: .......

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hi People,

about the documents to interview in embassy, i think a 4-6 weeks before u will get welcome letter (5 pages)

the pages 4 an 5 have a discriprion of documents status and list of the documents, as usual u have to bring with u any original of documents that u send before as a copy... for example one case

* Document Status Description

A = Applicant must acquire this document and present it at the time of the interview.

C = Direct inquiries to your consulate / embassy

D = Certified document received

F = This form is not necessary for this application.

G = I-601A withdrawn by applicant.

H = Photos not required for EP case.

I = The required form is incomplete. Please ensure that a complete form is presented at

the interview.

O = The original document has been received and accepted as meeting post

requirements.

P = The police certificate must be requested by the applicant. If you have already

applied for this document, no further action is required. The issuing police authority

will send the police record directly to the appropriate US Embassy to have on hand

at the time of the interview.

R = The electronic DS-260 form has been submitted and reviewed.

S = Scanned document received. The original document must be presented at the time

of the interview.

T = An acceptable document has been received, but a translation is required as the

submitted document is not in English or the official language of the processing post.

The applicant must present a certified translation at the time of the interview.

U = The applicant has informed the NVC that the required document is unavailable.

X = The required document is unobtainable for this country per the Foreign Affairs

Manual.

Y = The required document has been received.

$ = Payment received.

and page 5 of welcome letter

Document Name Document Status

CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS C

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 1 Y

1 - IMMIGRANT VISA APPLICATION PART 2 Y

2 - PASSPORT Y

3 - BIRTH CERTIFICATE O

4 - ADOPTION F

5 - MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F

6 - MARRIAGE TERMINATION F

7 - COURT RECORDS F

F - FINANCIAL EVIDENCE Y

8 - CUSTODY PAPERS F

9 - MILITARY RECORDS O

10 - UKRAINE POLICE CERTIFICATE O

FEE PAYMENT $

PHOTOGRAPH Y

F - PETITIONER MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE F

F - PETITIONER BIRTH CERTIFICATE F

but the list of documents can be changed on the reason that is some documents in some countries is not available, u can check the documents list when u choose a list of your country in page of table "reciprocity by country"

travel dot state.gov/visa/fees/fees_3272.html

some specific information for each country u can find here, read it please

travel dot state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3731.html

and police certificate, read it carefully, probably you need several, from each country where u live more 6 months after age 16 y.o.

PS please change "dot" in listed link to "." wtih no spaces

PD: Sept 12, 2007

Case Completed: Apr 06, 2011

​I/L Received: .......

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.