T & N

proof of tax return

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Macedonia
Timeline

when my finacee goes for her interview, does she need to take proof that i have paid my taxes? and if so, what documents would prove that? and how far back does that go? i have seen conflicting articles going both ways that i do need it and that i dont. i dont have any documents saying i have paid my taxes, i have always gotten a return. and while in the military i got a leave and earning statement saying how much was taken out of my check but that was done through the web site and i am no longer in the military and have no way to get those leave and earning statements. i'm confused. will she even need this stuff for her interview? and if so, then why couldnt one government agency talk to another government agency on this information? they talk to the fbi. then why couldnt they just talk to the irs if this was something that they needed?

We keep our dreams high, and we keep our hope higher !!!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Of course they need something. I see you have asked a lot of questions about this support issue, but you have never written whether you CURRENTLY make over 125% of the poverty line, are self employed or a w2 employee. All we know is you used to be in the military. If you don't have a way to prove you can support her, I.e. with a current job, you won't get approved without a sponsor or 3X the 125% poverty level in the bank... which is roughtly $60,000 if it is just you and her. give us some details so you can get past this issue. good luck to you.

when my finacee goes for her interview, does she need to take proof that i have paid my taxes? and if so, what documents would prove that? and how far back does that go? i have seen conflicting articles going both ways that i do need it and that i dont. i dont have any documents saying i have paid my taxes, i have always gotten a return. and while in the military i got a leave and earning statement saying how much was taken out of my check but that was done through the web site and i am no longer in the military and have no way to get those leave and earning statements. i'm confused. will she even need this stuff for her interview? and if so, then why couldnt one government agency talk to another government agency on this information? they talk to the fbi. then why couldnt they just talk to the irs if this was something that they needed?

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

Of course they need something. I see you have asked a lot of questions about this support issue, but you have never written whether you CURRENTLY make over 125% of the poverty line, are self employed or a w2 employee. All we know is you used to be in the military. If you don't have a way to prove you can support her, I.e. with a current job, you won't get approved without a sponsor or 3X the 125% poverty level in the bank... which is roughtly $60,000 if it is just you and her. give us some details so you can get past this issue. good luck to you.

i have a job where i make over the poverty guideline. i made in half a year more than what the poverty guideline is. i am w-2. thank you for helping. :^)

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

If you are W-2 and you make over 125% of the minimum poverty guideline, I think all they need is your 2010 W2 and last 4-6 paycheck stubs... I think. Others will now definitely chime-in. I don't know exactly what you need since I am self employed and I researched those requirements with a fine tooth comb.

i have a job where i make over the poverty guideline. i made in half a year more than what the poverty guideline is. i am w-2. thank you for helping. :^)

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Timeline

If you are W-2 and you make over 125% of the minimum poverty guideline, I think all they need is your 2010 W2 and last 4-6 paycheck stubs... I think. Others will now definitely chime-in. I don't know exactly what you need since I am self employed and I researched those requirements with a fine tooth comb.

thank you so much. i also got a promotion to a higher paying job than what i had last year and make quite a bit more. and i only worked half a year at this place. i keep every single pay stub i get just for this. again, thank you so much for you help. and good luck to you also on your journey :^)

event.png

It's recommended to bring your last 3 years of tax returns or transcripts. If you bring returns, they need to be full returns - including W-2s.

Transcripts are easier (1-2 pages total) and usually preferred - you can order them over the phone for free. They take about a week to receive.

Whatever you bring regarding taxes - it's also advised you bring 3-6 months of paystubs for proof of current income. Added benefit can be from an employment letter stating your salary, printed on company letterhead.

Timeline

It's recommended to bring your last 3 years of tax returns or transcripts. If you bring returns, they need to be full returns - including W-2s.

Transcripts are easier (1-2 pages total) and usually preferred - you can order them over the phone for free. They take about a week to receive.

Whatever you bring regarding taxes - it's also advised you bring 3-6 months of paystubs for proof of current income. Added benefit can be from an employment letter stating your salary, printed on company letterhead.

how do i find out the number to contact them and ask for these transcripts?

event.png

thank you so much :^) i will call as soon as their office opens. i appreciate your help. you are a blessing :^)

If there is an office where you live, you can probably just walk in and have them printed for you while you wait.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: South Africa
Timeline

IRS can fax you your transcripts. They faxed mine to me while I was still on the phone with them...he sayed on just to make sure I received them. Extremely pleasant process and with the IRS nonetheless! ;-)

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I just wanted to let you know that all the information that everyone told you is correct. It's correct that you need preferrably your last 3 years tax returns or transcripts with w-2's, also you want to have your bank statements for the last 12 months and most importantly a letter from your employer on their company letterhead. It should read as follows.... Your name has been employed with this company since ( the date of your hire) until the present time. Mr. ( your name )'s salary is _________ per year and he is employed permanently with this company and is in good standing. It must be signed by the person preparing the letter or by your companies human resources secretary with her title added to her name. It should be dated as well. My jobs administrative assistant who prepared my employment letter is also a notary public and notarized it as well. So that helped me out a lot too. Make copies and send the original to your fiance(e) to take to her interview. This employment letter is crucial in showing the interviewing officer that your employment is permanent and that there is no question of you being terminated anytime in the near future. Thus proving your ablility to support your fiance(e). Hope this is of some help to you.

Harold

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.