sy_ny

Interview Experience

6 posts in this topic

I would love to hear experiences of the applicants that have already gone through the interview and perhaps we could all learn from these. Thanks and enjoy sharing!

Have a great day!!!!

Naturalization

03/16/2011 - Package sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox

03/22/2011 - Check cashed

03/25/2011 - Received Notice of Acceptance letter

03/31/2011 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

04/20/2011 - Biometrics Appointment done

04/26/2011 - Case forwarded to Local Office

04/30/2011 - Received Interview appointment letter

06/02/2011 - Interview in Albany Field Office -- successful

Petition for Sister in Kuwait

03/27/12 - Mailed I-130- Day 1

03/30/12- NOA1

04/04/12 - Cashed check

US Citizen since June 2nd 2011

1/19/2018   - Sent I-130 package for son in the Philippines

9/26/2018   - Received the Case Number and Invoice Number - NH Field Office

9/27/2018   - Submitted documents online

10/9/2018   - Received a note saying we have an incorrect form, submitted the correct one same day

10/31/2018 - All documents are approved and ready to schedule interview

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Use the search feature! Someone posts an interview review just about everyday in this thread :)

Wiz(USC) and Udella(Cdn & USC!)

Naturalization

02/22/11 - Filed

02/28/11 - NOA

03/28/11 - FP

06/17/11 - status change - scheduled for interview

06/20?/11 - received physical interview letter

07/13/11 - Interview in Fairfax,VA - easiest 10 minutes of my life

07/19/11 - Oath ceremony in Fairfax, VA

Removal of Conditions

12/1/09 - received at VSC

12/2/09 - NOA's for self and daughter

01/12/10 - Biometrics completed

03/15/10 - 10 Green Card Received - self and daughter

Use the search feature! Someone posts an interview review just about everyday in this thread :)

Ok thanks!!!!

Naturalization

03/16/2011 - Package sent to Dallas, TX Lockbox

03/22/2011 - Check cashed

03/25/2011 - Received Notice of Acceptance letter

03/31/2011 - Received Biometrics Appointment letter

04/20/2011 - Biometrics Appointment done

04/26/2011 - Case forwarded to Local Office

04/30/2011 - Received Interview appointment letter

06/02/2011 - Interview in Albany Field Office -- successful

Petition for Sister in Kuwait

03/27/12 - Mailed I-130- Day 1

03/30/12- NOA1

04/04/12 - Cashed check

US Citizen since June 2nd 2011

1/19/2018   - Sent I-130 package for son in the Philippines

9/26/2018   - Received the Case Number and Invoice Number - NH Field Office

9/27/2018   - Submitted documents online

10/9/2018   - Received a note saying we have an incorrect form, submitted the correct one same day

10/31/2018 - All documents are approved and ready to schedule interview

Hi sy_ny,

I see you already got your interview letter! Congratulations!:luv:

We had our biometrics same day and I haven't received any email about my case being transferred :crying: The funny part is that I am 1 hr 10 minutes away from Albany and 1 hr 35 minutes away from NYC and my field office is NYC one of the slowest USCIS field offices!:wacko:

Naturalization Timeline

N400 sent - 03/14/2011 to Lewisville, TX

N-400 Received - 03/17/11

E-mail Notification Acceptance Confirmation Received- 03/22/11

Priority Date- 03/17/11

NOA Date- 03/21/11( Received 03/26/11)

Case updated on USCIS website- FP notice sent 03/28/11

FP letter received 03/31/11

FP Appoinment Date 04/20/11 Done!

E-mail notification Scheduled for Interview Received 06/03/11

Interview Letter received 06/10/11 mailed by USCIS on 06/07

Interview Date 07/12/11 PASSED!!!

Oath Ceremony Date 07/22/11 at Federal Plaza NYC

changed to 07/29/11 at 500 Pearl Street( District Court)

due to name change!

FINALLY I AM A US CITIZEN!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Know your N-400 extremely well and the reason why you answered all the questions the way you did is the very first thing. And better to provide too much evidence than not enough. Be able to quickly snap back answers to the civics test, English test is nothing short of a joke. If a decision cannot be made at this time, ask politely why. My stepdaughter didn't do that, maybe that could have been cleared up then and there. If passed, politely ask about your oath ceremony and when you can expect to receive it.

Always some kind of bug up their butts, two years ago was a worthless utility bill for evidence, today is traffic violations or parking tickets and proof you paid for those. Neither was in any of their instructions or in the M-476 manual. But they can do anything they want to.

Was prepared for my wife, she asked me why I put her name on our electric bill, even after all the evidence she provided, was asked for that piece of worthless evidence, her IO's mouth dropped when she handed that over. Wasn't prepared for showing proof of small traffic violations for my stepdaughter, like an 86 buck fine and proof she paid that, that I feel started the whole thing. But then in her letter, was we don't need proof that fine was paid. Had to answer battery charges instead when she was 17 months old.

Trying to think of what they will come up with next, maybe you should bring your birth certificate even though they don't ask for it to prove you were not a member of the Nazi party in 1933. But if you were of legal age at the time, that will make you 99 years old today.

Know your N-400 extremely well and the reason why you answered all the questions the way you did is the very first thing. And better to provide too much evidence than not enough. Be able to quickly snap back answers to the civics test, English test is nothing short of a joke. If a decision cannot be made at this time, ask politely why. My stepdaughter didn't do that, maybe that could have been cleared up then and there. If passed, politely ask about your oath ceremony and when you can expect to receive it.

Always some kind of bug up their butts, two years ago was a worthless utility bill for evidence, today is traffic violations or parking tickets and proof you paid for those. Neither was in any of their instructions or in the M-476 manual. But they can do anything they want to.

Was prepared for my wife, she asked me why I put her name on our electric bill, even after all the evidence she provided, was asked for that piece of worthless evidence, her IO's mouth dropped when she handed that over. Wasn't prepared for showing proof of small traffic violations for my stepdaughter, like an 86 buck fine and proof she paid that, that I feel started the whole thing. But then in her letter, was we don't need proof that fine was paid. Had to answer battery charges instead when she was 17 months old.

Trying to think of what they will come up with next, maybe you should bring your birth certificate even though they don't ask for it to prove you were not a member of the Nazi party in 1933. But if you were of legal age at the time, that will make you 99 years old today.

Just had my interview for my citizenship and i got approved, if you read the guide you should be fine. Goodluck, I will be having my oath taking on the 10th of this month.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.