71irving

Need help to understand what/why is NVC is requesting information

5 posts in this topic

Hi Fellow members

My mom who's a permanent resident wanted to petition my 19yrs old sister in the Philippines. The I-130 was already approved October last year, the AOS and IV fees already paid, and submitted both the AOS and the Immigrant Visa forms to NVC.

For the AOS, we've submitted both I-864 and I-864A. My mom resides at my place, does not work and is being claimed as my dependent. I have submitted the form I-864A as a household member to help my mom sponsor my sister. After submitting, the NVC came back with the following missing information/document checklist:

Part 6 Sponsor's Income and Employment

[x] __________________'s income indicated on the I-864 Part 25 does not correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W-2(s).

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE OR THE LINES BELOW

[ ] Information provided for W-2 income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for scheduled income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for gross income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for adjusted gross income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for household size: ___________________________________

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE OR

Part 7 Use of Assets to Supplement Income

In my mom's I-864 we have eneterd the following information:

#21 - Household Size

Persons you are sponsoring in this affidavit:

a. Enter the number you entered on line 10. ------------------------------> 1

Persons NOT sponsored in this affidavit:

b. Yourself. ------------------------------------------------------------> 1

c. If you are currently married, enter " 1 " for your spouse. -----------> 1

g. OPTIONAL: If you have siblings. parents. or adult children with

the same principal residence who are combining their income

with yours by submifiing Form I-8644, enter the number here. ------------> 1

h. Add together lines and enter the number here. Household Size: ---------> 4

#22 I am currently: Unemployed since 3/15/1994

#23. My current individual annual income is: $ o.oo (since she's not working)

#24. My current annual household income:

a. List your income from line 23 of this form. $ 0.00

b. Income you are using from any other person who was counted in your household

size, including, in certain conditions, the intending immigrant.

Name Relationship Current Income

xxxx Son $xxx,xxx.xx

c. Total Household Income: $ xxx,xxx.xx <-- Above 125% of Poverty Guideline

d. X The persons listed above have completed Form I-8644. I am filing along with this

form all necessary Forms I-864A completed by these persons.

#25. Federal income tax return information.

Did not check the box but entered most recent income as $0.00

Part 7 - Not filled since #24c s above 125% of Poverty Guideline

Questions:

1. Why is NC is saying that the income indicated on the I-864 #25 does not correspond to that shown on the most recent tax return and W-2(s)? In the I-864 from that my mom submitted we've indicated an income of $0.00 since my mom (no W-2) is not working and I'm claiming her as a dependent. We also provided a no income letter.

2. There is nothing mark by NVC on the following so I'm not sure what is required here?

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE OR THE LINES BELOW

[ ] Information provided for W-2 income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for scheduled income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for gross income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for adjusted gross income: ___________________________________

[ ] Information provided for household size: ___________________________________

[ ] DO NOT CHECK THIS LINE OR

3. I'm also confused with question #24b,

should I put my current annual salary here (I have provided my employment letter showing my annual salary) or the "Wages, Tips, other compansation" from my W-2 form? My annual will not match the information in my W-2 due to other compensation/bonus.

4. I'm filling my income tax jointly with my wife (with my mom as dependent), should we both submit an I-864A? My income alone is already 125% above the poverty guideline, so my wife did not submit a form.

5. For #21, household size, should we count/include my wife there?

6. Why is NVC looking for the Part 7 - Use of Assets to Supplement Income when the total income #24c is already above 125% of the poverty guideline? I have reviewed the I-864A form I submitted and saw that I provided my saving information in item #12 which is optional. May this be the reason why NVC is asking for Part of the I-864?

Sorry for the long post as I wanted to be detailed about the situation. My sister is truning 21 next year so I don't further delays due to missing or incomplete information. I appreciate any feedback/comment about my questions.

Regards,

71Irving

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

ok you're giving way too much information to read... did your mom file taxes..? did she worked in 2010? if not she just completes the form with $0.00 and include a letter

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Was there a letter/statement included with your mom's I-864 stating that she had zero income and was not required to file a tax return? If not, that must be submitted.

Also, if you claim your mom as a dependent then you should do an I-864 rather than 864A. As head of household it clears up your household size calculation for the IO. If not, the situation becomes rather murky.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Thanks for the quick feedback. Yes, we have submitted a letter/statement explaining why tax returns were not filed by my mom (she's not been working since she came here). And also yes, I'm claiming her as a dependent for my income tax return. Are you saying that it's better to file as a joint sponsor (I-864) instead of being a household member filing I-864A? If so, is it still possible to change this at this stage since I've already submitted to NVC an I-864A (household member)?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Redo mom's 864 as well as complete an 864 for yourself.

That ought to help make things cleaner and simpler for processing.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.