maryl

CENOMAR problem

31 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hi, I'm new to this site and I need advise for my USC friend. He got a fiancee from Philippines. He filed a K1 petition and just got a NOA2. He told her to get a CENOMAR but she said that the CENOMAR that she got has different family name.

This is her situation. According to her, on her birth certificate she got her mother's family name because her mother and father was not married yet when she was born. But her parents finally got married she didn't say when. She said her birth certificate was amended and her name was change with her father's family name on it. She work abroad and she still used her old name because she said that it would take 10 years for her new birth certificate to be amended. It's not true, she lied when she said that it would take 10 years to amend her birth certificate. She said she got her new birth certificate now but since she use her old name in her passport and all her papers abroad that's why her fiancee used that name in the K1 petition. But when she got her CENOMAR at the NSO office she said she got a CENOMAR with her new name on it. Is this possible? I think when you applied a CENOMAR you'll get a CENOMAR or a CEMAR. Is it possible that she lied about her real status? She been working abroad for 2 years now, since she used her old name in her passport and all her papers abroad I'm sure she submitted a NSO birth Certificate. If it's true that she got an amended birth certificate it should be noted on her birth certificate that her family name was change.

Her USC fiance believe her stories. I want to tell him the possible problem but I don't want to dissapoint him because he's a good friend. Maybe I am wrong and she's really telling the truth. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Edited by maryl

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

It is not easy changing information on a birth certificate in Phil.

I don't know that is takes 10 years, but it requires a judge

to get it changed, if it is anything other then a clerical

error. I am wondering why at this point she even is going

through the hassle of changing her birth certificate.

IF she was married before, and that is an if because who knows

if there is anything to it or not, she my be telling the truth.

But there is no divorce in Phil., only annulment, and that is

not cheap, easy, or quick. So the embassy is well attuned to

people trying to slip through.

The embassy will require her to have police clearances, NBI, and

CENOMAR in both names. And I have even heard that the embassy

even runs there own CENOMAR because there are people trying to

fake them. And from what I have heard, they will let her go all

the way to the interview, even if they know they are already married.

Hope this helps,

Jim

Hi, I'm new to this site and I need advise for my USC friend. He got a fiancee from Philippines. He filed a K1 petition and just got a NOA2. He told her to get a CENOMAR but she said that the CENOMAR that she got has different family name.

This is her situation. According to her, on her birth certificate she got her mother's family name because her mother and father was not married yet when she was born. But her parents finally got married she didn't say when. She said her birth certificate was amended and her name was change with her father's family name on it. She work abroad and she still used her old name because she said that it would take 10 years for her new birth certificate to be amended. It's not true, she lied when she said that it would take 10 years to amend her birth certificate. She said she got her new birth certificate now but since she use her old name in her passport and all her papers abroad that's why her fiancee used that name in the K1 petition. But when she got her CENOMAR at the NSO office she said she got a CENOMAR with her new name on it. Is this possible? I think when you applied a CENOMAR you'll get a CENOMAR or a CEMAR. Is it possible that she lied about her real status? She been working abroad for 2 years now, since she used her old name in her passport and all her papers abroad I'm sure she submitted a NSO birth Certificate. If it's true that she got an amended birth certificate it should be noted on her birth certificate that her family name was change.

Her USC fiance believe her stories. I want to tell him the possible problem but I don't want to dissapoint him because he's a good friend. Maybe I am wrong and she's really telling the truth. I appreciate any advice. Thanks in advance.

Hope this helps,

Jim

To amend a birth certificate in the Philippines is easy. It will takes 8 months to a year in a normal process. All you have to do is go to where your birth was registered and fill up the forms and submit the MC of your parents, then pay the fee and they will file it and send it to the NSO. I know this because I have a cousin and her birth certificate was amemded.

She said her birth certificate was already amended but her name in the K1 petition was the old name and her passport and all her papers that she got now because she used that old name while working abroad.

Edited by maryl

Timeline

Maybe changing the last name on a BC if parents get married

is easer then I thought. But in other cases, it is not so

easy changing a name or date on a BC.

Jim,

To amend a birth certificate in the Philippines is easy. It will takes 8 months to a year in a normal process. All you have to do is go to where your birth was registered and fill up the forms and submit the MC of your parents, then pay the fee and they will file it and send it to the NSO. I know this because I have a cousin and her birth certificate was amemded.

She said her birth certificate was already amended but her name in the K1 petition was the old name and her passport and all her papers that she got now because she used that old name while working abroad.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

yes its easy to changed her case, just get a lawyer and be ready that there will be fees to it, i am just wondering that if her BC was already amended, why she did not tell her fiancee that she must use this name...or the surname that's being changed. I just hope that she must told everything before filing the visa...i know what u feel and think about ur friend, my hinala ako na maybe something wrong talaga sa girl, but sana hindi...sana maayos yan..and it must have been better if she fixed everything before filing. about the CENOMAR, it will immediately change as long as u have the new BC being amended. :( Sana di ito tulad ng nangyari sa friend ng friend ko na my fiancee na filipina before. God Bless...

yes its easy to changed her case, just get a lawyer and be ready that there will be fees to it, i am just wondering that if her BC was already amended, why she did not tell her fiancee that she must use this name...or the surname that's being changed. I just hope that she must told everything before filing the visa...i know what u feel and think about ur friend, my hinala ako na maybe something wrong talaga sa girl, but sana hindi...sana maayos yan..and it must have been better if she fixed everything before filing. about the CENOMAR, it will immediately change as long as u have the new BC being amended. :( Sana di ito tulad ng nangyari sa friend ng friend ko na my fiancee na filipina before. God Bless...

She's working abroad at the moment and she said that's why she is still using her old name because it's the name that she use in her passport, working visa, nbi clearance etc. But when they got a NOA 2, she said that she applied for a CENOMAR for her interview and it has her amemded name on it not her old name. Then she told her fiance about the amemded name just now. I'm also wondering why she didn't tell her fiance about her amended name from the start. All her papers she used her old name, why bother to amend it. I won't amend my name just to screw up. I felt like she's hiding something about her status. I hope I'm wrong because her fiance spend a lot of money already. He's just an ordinary guy with an ordinary job but he works twice as much to save the money for her to come here in the US.

"( Sana di ito tulad ng nangyari sa friend ng friend ko na my fiancee na filipina before. God Bless..."

So what is the situation of your friends fiancee? what happend to them? please tell me. Thanks

Timeline

IF she was married before, and that is an if because who knows

if there is anything to it or not, she my be telling the truth.

But there is no divorce in Phil., only annulment, and that is

not cheap, easy, or quick. So the embassy is well attuned to

people trying to slip through.

The embassy will require her to have police clearances, NBI, and

CENOMAR in both names. And I have even heard that the embassy

even runs there own CENOMAR because there are people trying to

fake them. And from what I have heard, they will let her go all

the way to the interview, even if they know they are already married.

Hope this helps,

Jim

i had to get my fiancee birth changed when her name was wrong it took me 8 months and that was with a very good lawyer cost me 800 dollars. Might take longer if your lawyer doesnt have connections mine was married to the judge

I-129F Sent : 2010-10-20

I-129F NOA1 : 2010-10-22

I-129F RFE(s) : 2011-02-24

I-129F NOA2 : 2011-03-09

NVC Received : 2011-03-16

NVC Left : 2011-03-22

Packet 4 Received : 2011-03-25

Medical Exam : 2011-03-30 PASSED!

Interview Date : 2011-04-14 PASSED!

Visa received : 2011-04-26

CFO Stamp : 2011-05-02

Flight : 2011-05-04

Hello St. Louis 5:30 pm 2011-05-04 My Baby is home at last !

i had to get my fiancee birth changed when her name was wrong it took me 8 months and that was with a very good lawyer cost me 800 dollars. Might take longer if your lawyer doesnt have connections mine was married to the judge

My cousin's case, just took her a year to amend her birth certificate. She just went to the local registrar where her birth was recorded and fill out the forms and pay all the fees including the court fees. The Local Registrar Office did the filing to the local court then forwarded it to the NSO. My cousin's birth certificate was not change at the NSO, she still got the original birth certificate, but it has notation that it was amended.

The case of this woman (my friend's fiancee). She's working abroad for 3 years now and she said that while she was working abroad her name was amended. Because it would take 10 years to amend her birth certificate, she can't wait so, she used her old birth certificate when she applied a job abroad. She's 34 years old when she go to the other country to work. This 10 years to amend her birth certificate is a big lie. And she said she got 2 NSO birth certificate now, one has her old name and the other one has her new name, another lie. And I don't understand why she go all the hassles of amending her birth certificate while she was working abroad. She can retain her old name to avoid problems. I felt like something wrong going on. I still hope and pray that all these problems will be fix because I hate to see my friend to be dissapointed and be depressed. He's a good guy and he deserve to be happy.

Timeline

For $25 you can get a copy of the CENOMAR delivered to you,

in her old name.

https://www.ecensus.com.ph

Or wait till the interview, if there is something fishy,

the embassy will figure it out. I am sure they will be asking

her about the name change, and require documents like clearances

in both names.

Changing her name at this point just made a lot more work

for herself.

Jim,

My cousin's case, just took her a year to amend her birth certificate. She just went to the local registrar where her birth was recorded and fill out the forms and pay all the fees including the court fees. The Local Registrar Office did the filing to the local court then forwarded it to the NSO. My cousin's birth certificate was not change at the NSO, she still got the original birth certificate, but it has notation that it was amended.

The case of this woman (my friend's fiancee). She's working abroad for 3 years now and she said that while she was working abroad her name was amended. Because it would take 10 years to amend her birth certificate, she can't wait so, she used her old birth certificate when she applied a job abroad. She's 34 years old when she go to the other country to work. This 10 years to amend her birth certificate is a big lie. And she said she got 2 NSO birth certificate now, one has her old name and the other one has her new name, another lie. And I don't understand why she go all the hassles of amending her birth certificate while she was working abroad. She can retain her old name to avoid problems. I felt like something wrong going on. I still hope and pray that all these problems will be fix because I hate to see my friend to be dissapointed and be depressed. He's a good guy and he deserve to be happy.

She's working abroad at the moment and she said that's why she is still using her old name because it's the name that she use in her passport, working visa, nbi clearance etc. But when they got a NOA 2, she said that she applied for a CENOMAR for her interview and it has her amemded name on it not her old name.

It makes sense for her to use the name that is in her current passport but eventually she will have to get documents in both names.

My wife changed her name while in the PI and she had her passport amended to reflect that, she also went & got a NBI clearance and all required documents in both names as well as a CEMAR (which showed how many time she was married).

My cousin's birth certificate was not change at the NSO, she still got the original birth certificate, but it has notation that it was amended.
A co-worker of mine have the same thing - his BC has a notation that it was amended.

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

a 10 year is a total lie...something wrong yan sis...i have also a friend who's processing her BC now and she will get it next month. Niloko didn cya sis ng pinay, i hope it will not happen to your friend...God Bless.

Timeline

Your friend's fiancee is now legitimated. The effect in the Birth Certificate would be that her original family name as appearing in the said document shall not be erased or deleted, but in the space provided for remarks shall be written “Legitimated by Subsequent Marriage” indicating the family name which she shall bear by virtue of the legitimation.

It wouldn't take 10 years to amend a birth certificate or legitimize a child born out of wedlock. It will only be a notification to the Office of the Local Civil Registrar of the subsequent marriage of her parents. From then on, she can use her father's surname..

AOS Journey

09/08/2011 ~ NOA1 for AOS,EAD & AP

09/09/2011 ~ Text & email notification

09/10/2011 ~ Updated!

09/19/2011 ~ ASC Appointment Notice date for 10/17/2011 Biometrics Appointment

09/30/2011 ~ Email notification - AOS was transferred to another office

10/06/2011 ~ Received hardcopy of AOS CSC Transfer Notice.. 9:45 pm Updated!

10/07/2011 ~ Biometrics walk in SUCCESSFUL!!!

11/02/2011 ~ EAD Card/Document Production

11/07/2011 ~ EAD updated

11/08/2011 ~ EAD Post Decision Activity

11/12/2011 ~ EAD/AP card on hand!!!

02/02/2012 ~ RFE for lost medical and divorce decree, got the notice on Feb. 9, 2012

02/17/2012 ~ Submitted rfe, USCIS received it Feb. 21,2012

03/08/2012 ~ Card/Doc production, Decision

March 15,2012 ~ GC on hand! Permanent Resident since 28 February 2012

I just chatted with her online and I asked about it and she told me the same thing that it would take 10 years to amend a birth certificate or legitimize a child at her hometown. She also said her parents got married after 30 years of living together and her mother amend her birth certificate and legitimize her without her knowing. She was 26 years old during that time. She also said that the file of her old name was gone at the NSO office. They requested a NSO copy of both names and they only got the new name. The NSO copy of her old name don't exists anymore, these are all lies. She believe that when you amend a birth cert they will throw away the old one and make a new copy with the new name on it. I got a feeling that she's really hiding something and she made up some lies. She said that they go to the court to straighten it up, they started it 6 months ago when her fiance sent the K1 petition and she said they need 6 more months to get it fix. I said what if it takes 10 years again LOL. She said not this time because they always do a follow up. I also noticed while were talking she's so concern about the CENOMAR thing. But maybe she's telling the truth, maybe she's just not good in explaining the whole situation.

Even though I know she lied, I still have this feeling to help them because I don't want that my friend will be dissapointed. So, I need your advice guys. She said they went to the court to delete her NEW name and want her OLD name back. Is it a good idea? Or is it easier just to retain her NEW name and just amend her passport and other papers that she got now? How about her name in the K1 petition, is there a way to change her name even though they got a NOA 2 already?

What IF (a big IF, I hope not) she's trying to anull her previous marraige (that's why she can't get a CENOMAR), and make it before the interview, is there a big chance that she will get a K1 visa? If she got denied to get a K1 visa, her fiance can still petition her again after she got her marraige annuled? I appreciate any help and advice. Thanks in advance.

Edited by maryl

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.