웃

Thank you iSheep in advance!

88 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

You'd better be sure you get your money...ebay's rules have changed, which is why I stopped selling.

Last I checked, they don't release your money until buyer leaves you good feedback.

When was the last time you used eBay? Nowadays EVERYBODY has a PayPal account that is VERIFIED.

Back in the days it was common to buy something and send a cashiers check or a regular check....Now everything is done electronically through PayPal and most sellers only accept PayPal.

See this post, the buyer paid me within 1 hour of the auction ending....$970 was in my PayPal account immediately ($30 went to PayPal).....Last night I sent the money to my checking account which will show up either tomorrow or Wednesday...

Before I lived in the UK, I would buy those wristbands from Hot Topic...I'd throw em on a ebayUK acct. I paid $4-$5 each one, shipping literally cost me $1.

Those puppies sold on avg for ₤20 plus a ₤5 for shipping.

THAT'S a great ROI, NOT 11%

That's fantastic! But how many did you sell? 11% is still pretty good when you are talking about a $1000 ticket item..........Sure, if I was selling something for $5 then 11% is much less money...But let's face it, there are people that put in 40 hours of hard labor a week and barely get $300 so an easy $100 is always nice...

I went to the post office today and shipping was $10

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Any thoughts on this phenomena?

You must have a magical Best Buy full of iPad2s.

Not a single Apple or Best Buy store in NYC has them in stock. They just tell you to order online.

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Timeline

When was the last time you used eBay? Nowadays EVERYBODY has a PayPal account that is VERIFIED.

Back in the days it was common to buy something and send a cashiers check or a regular check....Now everything is done electronically through PayPal and most sellers only accept PayPal.

See this post, the buyer paid me within 1 hour of the auction ending....$970 was in my PayPal account immediately ($30 went to PayPal).....Last night I sent the money to my checking account which will show up either tomorrow or Wednesday...

That's fantastic! But how many did you sell? 11% is still pretty good when you are talking about a $1000 ticket item..........Sure, if I was selling something for $5 then 11% is much less money...But let's face it, there are people that put in 40 hours of hard labor a week and barely get $300 so an easy $100 is always nice...

I went to the post office today and shipping was $10

Hundreds of them. I made more with my wristbands in one day than you made on this one particular auction.

I didn't say an extra $100 isn't nice. What I said was, it's not a great return on your investment, considering the high price of the item.

As to the ebay thing...it was the rules last year. Dunno if they changed them - would be great if they did. Read here for instance:

http://answercenter.ebay.com/thread.jspa?threadID=1000207265&mod=1274407206634

Paypal also sucks...always did, always will. For sellers. search the net and see for yourself.

Congrats, and I hope you don't get stung. When ebay made it mandatory for paypal, I stopped selling.

Filed: Timeline
Payment Holds

When some sellers receive payments, we may hold the money in a pending balance for up to 21 days to help make sure that there are funds in the seller's account to cover potential refunds or claims. The funds may be released early if PayPal determines that the transaction has been fulfilled and customers are satisfied.

While funds are pending, the money belongs to you but isn't available to spend or withdraw. If you're a PayPal Money Market Fund customer, you'll continue to earn interest on the total balance, even while the funds are held.*

If payments on your account are held, we'll notify you. PayPal will re-evaluate your account every 35 days and decide whether or not to continue holding payments. If we decide to stop holding future payments, we'll contact you.

https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/seller_problem_resolution

http://www.paypalsucks.com/

Timeline

Well I am glad they don't do that for me...I get full access to my funds the millisecond the buyer submits payment. The only wait I have to endure is the 2 to 3 days it takes PayPal to send my money to my checking account.

You must have a magical Best Buy full of iPad2s.

Not a single Apple or Best Buy store in NYC has them in stock. They just tell you to order online.

:rofl: They currently only have the iPads with Verizon but get shipments just about every morning...But they sell out as fast as they are put on the shelves...

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

They currently only have the iPads with Verizon but get shipments just about every morning...But they sell out as fast as they are put on the shelves...

How many have you bought so far?

Apple iPad2 Sales Limits in Effect at Best Buy

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Timeline

How many have you bought so far?

Apple iPad2 Sales Limits in Effect at Best Buy

I bought 6 online through Apple...I won't have them for a couple weeks (maybe week and a half if lucky)....They will still be sold out everywhere and there are at least 6 people that don't know it right now, but 2 weeks from now (when I have them) will want to get one...And they will pay me an extra $100 so they don't have to wait the 2 weeks.

I only bought 1 at Best Buy but will call the magical store every morning around 11am and will hopefully get lucky and get 3 this week.

Edited by Lord Infamous

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

you do realize paypal is not FDIC insured???

If they didn't hold this transaction, they will on one of the six you're going to make. For your sake, I hope I'm wrong.

Based on my experiences you are wrong.

But, even if they held one of my payments I really wouldn't care.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline

I bought 6 online through Apple...I won't have them for a couple weeks (maybe week and a half if lucky)....

Did you use 3 different credit cards? Apple has a limit of 2 iPads per customer (well, name/card.)

They will still be sold out everywhere and there are at least 6 people that don't know it right now, but 2 weeks from now (when I have them) will want to get one...And they will pay me an extra $100 so they don't have to wait the 2 weeks.

Unless they run a promotion in 2 weeks and the price drops by $100.

Timeline

Did you use 3 different credit cards? Apple has a limit of 2 iPads per customer (well, name/card.)

I used 3 different names to the same address on the exact same card....I wanted to see if it worked and the order went through....But...I clicked "Chat Live" and the Apple Rep told me there are no limits. So I do have 3 separate orders...

Unless they run a promotion in 2 weeks and the price drops by $100.

That would suck...But doesn't seem likely because demand is through the roof and there are multiple combinations (16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 64GB with 3G) so they would have to mark down all the different combinations and that seems unlikely.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Timeline
I used 3 different names to the same address on the exact same card....I wanted to see if it worked and the order went through....But...I clicked "Chat Live" and the Apple Rep told me there are no limits. So I do have 3 separate orders...

Interesting.

That would suck...But doesn't seem likely because demand is through the roof and there are multiple combinations (16GB, 32GB, 64GB, 64GB with 3G) so they would have to mark down all the different combinations and that seems unlikely.

From the Best Buy link I posted earlier:

"Best Buy acknowledged Friday its employees have been directed to hold on to inventories not yet sold or reserved, the Los Angeles Times reported. Best Buy said a coming promotion was another factor in the move."

Timeline

From the Best Buy link I posted earlier:

"Best Buy acknowledged Friday its employees have been directed to hold on to inventories not yet sold or reserved, the Los Angeles Times reported. Best Buy said a coming promotion was another factor in the move."

My detective work tells me their big "promotion" was to let people reserve iPad 2s for 1 week....It ended nationwide yesterday (even though they were closed yesterday)

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011/04/16/best-buy-to-receive-new-ipad-2-inventory-on-sunday-with-reserve-system-back-in-play/

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Other Country: Andorra
Timeline

My detective work tells me their big "promotion" was to let people reserve iPad 2s for 1 week....It ended nationwide yesterday (even though they were closed yesterday)

http://www.wirelessgoodness.com/2011/04/16/best-buy-to-receive-new-ipad-2-inventory-on-sunday-with-reserve-system-back-in-play/

Internet detective should be less of a braggart. Now people on here know your name on ebay. :whistle:

Indy.gif