James and Cynthia

Validating Credit Card for Plane Tickets

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

After my fiancee's visa arrives, I plan to buy her plane tickets through the Delta website. Hopefully for May 1st if everything happens according to plan. I am nervous about using my credit card to purchase the tickets because the credit card needs validated. I have read stories about fiancee's from Philippines not being able to use the tickets because of not having the credit card and picture id for it, especially with Delta Airlines. I believe I have also read about being able to validate it another way here in the US. Does anyone know how to do this? Do I need to go to the airport in Portland to do this at the Delta ticket counter? If I can't find a full proof way to do this, I may purchase them with cash at the airport or send the cash to my fiancee. Using a credit card would just be easier. Thanks.

-James

James and Cynthia

08-22-2008 - Met my wonderful wife in the Philippines.
03-21-2010 - I proposed to her in the Philippines.
09-07-2010 - I-129F filed for K-1 Visa.
09-12-2010 - NOA1 confirmation email received.
11-02-2010 - I visitied the Philippines again.

02-07-2011 - NOA2 email recieved. Approved.
03-22-2011 - Case at USEM.

04-15-2011 - Interview Date. She passed.
05-01-2011 - POE

06-25-2011 - We were married.

-Life has been great ever since.

Timeline

I like to hear the the answer to this. I am in the same boat.

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Timeline

I don't know about Delta. Check with the airline for information on boarding with an e-ticket purchased by someone not in the boarding party. PAL requires a clear photocopy of the front of the credit card used to buy the ticket and a photocopy of the cardholder's government issued ID (passport page with signature and identifying information).

I think much of it depends on how often you use that credit card to purchase airline tickets. I am a Delta Skymiles member and use the Delta Airlines American Express card to buy online tickets through the website almost every two weeks. When I bought my fiancee and her daughters' tickets through the same system, there was no issue. No one at the Manila airport asked them to show anything relating to the ticket purchase. They were however required to pay 1600 PHP each because the tickets were not bought in country.

I have read on this site that some folks were asked to show copies (front and back), of the credit card used to make the purchase. It just didn't happen to us. Good thing, because they wouldn't have had it.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Yeah, I'm actually about to buy my fiance's plane ticket to the US with my credit card and I was wondering the same thing earlier today.

I don't recall ever being asked to show my credit card. Usually the people behind the counter just ask for the passport and are able to get the information they need to issue the boarding pass. However, one time a friend of mine was flying out from the U.S. and was asked to show the purchasing credit card (which he didn't have since his father bought him the ticket) and it created a huge problem - my friend missed his flight and had to purchase a new ticket (right before Christmas too :wacko:)

So perhaps it depends on the airline? Maybe the airport? Any thoughts?

Edited by Alianza Terps

After my fiancee's visa arrives, I plan to buy her plane tickets through the Delta website. Hopefully for May 1st if everything happens according to plan. I am nervous about using my credit card to purchase the tickets because the credit card needs validated. I have read stories about fiancee's from Philippines not being able to use the tickets because of not having the credit card and picture id for it, especially with Delta Airlines. I believe I have also read about being able to validate it another way here in the US. Does anyone know how to do this? Do I need to go to the airport in Portland to do this at the Delta ticket counter? If I can't find a full proof way to do this, I may purchase them with cash at the airport or send the cash to my fiancee. Using a credit card would just be easier. Thanks.

-James

My husband bought my ticket thru Delta using his credit card September last year. I enter the US using K1 visa. Delta advised him to go and show his credit card at the Delta counter at Salt Lake City Airport. He explained the situation to them and make sure they enter it in their system so I won't get any trouble on my departure. And yes everything went smoothly..

I don't know about Delta. Check with the airline for information on boarding with an e-ticket purchased by someone not in the boarding party. PAL requires a clear photocopy of the front of the credit card used to buy the ticket and a photocopy of the cardholder's government issued ID (passport page with signature and identifying information).

Some Old Guy --I am about to purchase a ticket from PAL for my fiancee to go to manila to do her medical/interview . Would a scan copy of the credit card and the passport work ?? Also in yr experience purchasing a domestic ticket online costs less than purchasing it in the Philippines at the PAL office .?

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: Timeline

Some Old Guy --I am about to purchase a ticket from PAL for my fiancee to go to manila to do her medical/interview . Would a scan copy of the credit card and the passport work ?? Also in yr experience purchasing a domestic ticket online costs less than purchasing it in the Philippines at the PAL office .?

I only bought a ticket for her from Manila to SFO. As along as it is a clear copy of both, then that should work. Make sure your fiancée does not leave the copies with them, if possible. You don't want your information ending up in the wrong hands.

I don't know about whether she could get a better deal for you if she buys the ticket. I just went ahead and bought my wife's ticket online because that seemed the most direct way to do it, and the price was within 30 or 40 dollars of the lowest price I found on other sites.

Edited by Some Old Guy

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

-James

Hi. I just wanted to let you know that you pay online & go to any airport ticket counter depending on whether are not they have the airline you chose so you can show ID & credit card to validate. I had to do this. Hope this helps.

I would just avoid Delta and fly her to the USA on Korean Air!

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

I only bought a ticket for her from Manila to SFO. As along as it is a clear copy of both, then that should work. Make sure your fiancée does not leave the copies with them, if possible. You don't want your information ending up in the wrong hands.

I don't know about whether she could get a better deal for you if she buys the ticket. I just went ahead and bought my wife's ticket online because that seemed the most direct way to do it, and the price was within 30 or 40 dollars of the lowest price I found on other sites.

Thanks .I aapreciate the reply .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Timeline

My husband bought my ticket thru Delta using his credit card September last year. I enter the US using K1 visa. Delta advised him to go and show his credit card at the Delta counter at Salt Lake City Airport. He explained the situation to them and make sure they enter it in their system so I won't get any trouble on my departure. And yes everything went smoothly..

Thanks for the first hand knowledge. I think this is what I'll do too. The Portland aiport is not too far from here, and I know they have a Delta counter there. We just need to wait for the Visa to be delivered, then I'll purchase the tickets online, then validate the credit card at the airport.

Thanks everyone for your responses. I've heard first hand stories from people who have had problems without validating the credit card, so we certainly won't take that risk. I've also heard that a simple photo copy of the credit card and ID, and a letter of authorization is not good enough. We won't take that risk either. Going to the Delta counter sounds like the best solution. I have flown Delta many times, including 3 trips to the Philippines, plus, they seem to have the best price for only $920 (way-one including taxes). This is why I am choosing Delta again. Also, it will add to our air miles for a free trip some day.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

-James

From Delta's site: http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/online_reservations/about_reservations/index.jsp

Credit/Debit Card Presentation

To safeguard against credit/debit card fraud, the purchaser may have to show us the credit/debit card along with a valid photo ID. The time varies based on the billing address of the credit/debit card or the country of travel. If the purchaser is not traveling, they can show us their credit/debit card and ID at an airport ticket counter or another ticket office location, whichever is most convenient.

Timeline

From Delta's site: http://www.delta.com/planning_reservations/plan_flight/online_reservations/about_reservations/index.jsp

Credit/Debit Card Presentation

To safeguard against credit/debit card fraud, the purchaser may have to show us the credit/debit card along with a valid photo ID. The time varies based on the billing address of the credit/debit card or the country of travel. If the purchaser is not traveling, they can show us their credit/debit card and ID at an airport ticket counter or another ticket office location, whichever is most convenient.

That's exactly what I was looking for. Seeing it directly from Delta assures me that's what I need to do. Thanks for the link.

-James

James and Cynthia

05-01-2011 - POE

Timeline

That's exactly what I was looking for. Seeing it directly from Delta assures me that's what I need to do. Thanks for the link.

-James

Just another note someone clued me in that PAL has first time immigrant pricing that you can get through local travel agents. She was quoted $690 with a valid k-visa with cash. That would be a flight from Davao to SFO, :thumbs:

Also it would seem like PAL charges more from the website when you are ordering from USA when checking prices from the Philippines it showed it in PHP and the same flight number was a couple hundred dollars cheaper.

Thanks,

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.