Katiedog

Actual "man hours" in processing K1 or K3 Visa

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I do not know if this subject has been presented before. If it has, my apologies for being redundant. Certainly I realize that nothing about the K1, K3 or other Visa process times will change barring intervention by a Supreme Being, but I am curious to have some idea of the actual "man hours" (or female hours) that are truly necessary to process a typical Visa application that has nothing lacking or without problems.

I would guess it would not be very long other than the delays of sending back and forth between Government Agencies for information. In reality it should be a fairly quick process to make sure all the blanks are filled in, the necessary information is checked for meeting criteria and there is all necessary information required by the guidelines.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this? Maybe actual processing time and not time spent on a desk, in a file or waiting on someone else to send information to the processor for verifications?

Edited by Katiedog

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I do not know if this subject has been presented before. If it has, my apologies for being redundant. Certainly I realize that nothing about the K1, K3 or other Visa process times will change barring intervention by a Supreme Being, but I am curious to have some idea of the actual "man hours" (or female hours) that are truly necessary to process a typical Visa application that has nothing lacking or without problems.

I would guess it would not be very long other than the delays of sending back and forth between Government Agencies for information. In reality it should be a fairly quick process to make sure all the blanks are filled in, the necessary information is checked for meeting criteria and there is all necessary information required by the guidelines.

Does anyone have any ideas or thoughts about this? Maybe actual processing time and not time spent on a desk, in a file or waiting on someone else to send information to the processor for verifications?

If you read the Sticky on the main K-1 Visa forum, you'll see that Gary has stated, based on a VSC manager, that the NOA2 processing is about 20 minutes to complete. I'd venture that the NVC processing is around the same and I'd bet a little longer at the Embassy.

What everyone fails to realize is that all these entities really really have that much backlog. You wait over five months for 20 minutes worth of fame. but.....that's the process.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Yeah, if all your ducks are in a row and she's not in any criminal databases, and doesn't have a similar name to a criminal in a database, I seriously doubt there is more than an hour's worth of work involved from opening your initial submission to approving it. That's including the interview which, for somebody with no flags and the proper paperwork, should run about 10 minutes in Ukraine. As baron555 says, the delays are in the backlog, but it probably doesn't help if there are people in front of you that need to be investigated more thoroughly, have incomplete packets, etc.

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

This doesn't belong in the RUB forum. Where is Darnell when you need him?

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME, mystery jerk "\"! Darnell, whoever he is, most likely is taking care of more important things.

Edited by Katiedog

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Really? 20 minutes.

we live near the VSC and have friends that work there, including an adjudicator that was a K-1 herself from Russia and now is a citizen. They process, start to finish, 20-24 petitions per 10 hour day. ALL the rest of the time, it is sitting in a box waiting for them to get to it.

The background check, if clean, takes about 30 seconds or less.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Yeah, if all your ducks are in a row and she's not in any criminal databases, and doesn't have a similar name to a criminal in a database, I seriously doubt there is more than an hour's worth of work involved from opening your initial submission to approving it. That's including the interview which, for somebody with no flags and the proper paperwork, should run about 10 minutes in Ukraine. As baron555 says, the delays are in the backlog, but it probably doesn't help if there are people in front of you that need to be investigated more thoroughly, have incomplete packets, etc.

Further investigation and incomplete packets do not delay anyone else. If the package is not complete, the adjudicator tosses it in the RFE box and goes on to the next. Adjudicators adjudicate, they do not send RFEs, investigate backgrounds, etc. If your file is not in order it is kicked out and they go to the next. It is not like the grocery store where you wait in line while some jerk in front you counts exact change or tries one credit card after another. No ticky...no laundry. You are out and the next is in. You mess up...you wait, others do not.

What people do not realize about RFEs is that they can delay the case for many weeks simply because they get tossed in the RFE pile and it may be weeks before the RFE is sent.

I cannot comment on NVC. At the consulate we waited 45 minutes from the time we truned in documents until the interview which lasted about 9 minutes and 30 seconds LESS than 10 minutes. I assume they spent less than 45 minutes reviewing our case. That is based on actual experience at the Kiev consulate.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Thank you very much Gary and Alla for your courteous and quick reply. I appreciate the information. It is, as I suspected, bureaucracy at its finest.

Edited by Katiedog

Timeline

Yeah, right..Maybe for the NOA2, it's 20 min to approve. I suspect that manager and the friends in VSC have never read the Adjudicator's Field Manual. yes.gif According to CSC friends, a petition can be reviewed by a group of adjudicators splitted into logical views, sharing inspections, providing assessments, acquiring a supervisor sigh-off. Speaking about machine hrs, the '<30 sec' is a false stms. I suppose, to run a local police clearance report, it might take <30 sec, almost the same when hitting a merchant product database for shoes laughing.gif. The USCIS queries NCIC, IBIS and NIIS w/ a batch job(could not be w/ my name only, but w/ yours, too yes.gif , as a set ), ~10-15days. The NVC does perform additional check against a separate instance of NCIC with DS-230 data (I-130 case), ~24hr, and it's an approximate time, if clear..

Edited by Ellie-n-Vladimir

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Excuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuse ME, mystery jerk "\"! Darnell, whoever he is, most likely is taking care of more important things.

That's Right !!!

but back on topic -

it really is about 20 minutes...

Gary (of Gary and Alla fame) scored a major hit with a VSC employee - it's worth a read - here ya go -> http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/220499-k-1-petition-information/

I've been watching and following queues for the last 18 months, both on K-1 and CR-1 visas... Queues suck, mostly.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Yeah, right..Maybe for the NOA2, it's 20 min to approve. I suspect that manager and the friends in VSC have never read the Adjudicator's Field Manual. yes.gif According to CSC friends, a petition can be reviewed by a group of adjudicators splitted into logical views, sharing inspections, providing assessments, acquiring a supervisor sigh-off. Speaking about machine hrs, the '<30 sec' is a false stms. I suppose, to run a local police clearance report, it might take <30 sec, almost the same when hitting a merchant product database for shoes laughing.gif. The USCIS queries NCIC, IBIS and NIIS w/ a batch job(could not be w/ my name only, but w/ yours, too yes.gif , as a set ), ~10-15days. The NVC does perform additional check against a separate instance of NCIC with DS-230 data (I-130 case), ~24hr, and it's an approximate time, if clear..

All those background checks are included in the instant check system. they enter your names and ID numbers and have an answer in 30 seconds. If it is clear you are good to go. If not, you get tossed for someone else to check. They go down a checklist as they go through your file, if what they need is there, you are approved. the vasy majority of files get handled ONCE for about 20 minutes, then get approved or tossed for RFEs. That's it. You are free to dwell on what "could" happen or you can be informed of what "does" happen. Your choice.

One of Alla's friends IS an adjudicator, I am not guessing.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

This doesn't belong in the RUB forum. Where is Darnell when you need him?

We, who are married and engaged to RUB women, would like to sincerely thank those who aren't, such as /, Capn Hammer, The Dude and others, for watching over us and making sure we are well behaved and our robotic wives are oiled and kept fully charged.

And also I will add this note from the site description of this forum...

Regional Discussion

This Forum is dedicated to discussion on the major regions around the world. Topics of discussion may include travel, moving, what to eat and any other experience you may wish to share or inquire about. Have fun!

I see that Darnell can read and interpret quite well and was a fine choice for an organizer as this would seem to be a prerequisite.

Excuse me, while I have fun.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It is, as I suspected, bureaucracy at its finest.

Actually it as at it's most efficient.....to be able to do all that work in about 20 minutes (more for California and their coffee clutches.....that makes sense for them).

The real issue is all those petitions... the overall process could be quicker if they didn't allow so may petitions to be filed.......but then......how would you determine who got on the list for that year and not?

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Be happy the government is inefficient. There's nothing more scary than an efficient government. :)

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.