Katiedog

Actual "man hours" in processing K1 or K3 Visa

30 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Be happy the government is inefficient. There's nothing more scary than an efficient government. :)

Don't understand the meaning of the above statement. They are efficient if they only need 20 minutes to process the application.

If you are insinuating that waiting over 5 months for this 20 minutes of fame is too long, then you can write to your congressmen to pass a law to increase the staff of USCIS and therefore reduce the overall wait time......but you'd have to convince your fellow voting citizens that they additional taxes we all would have to fork over to pay for the bigger government is worth you waiting less.

We have all the power in our hands.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

I'm just making a general statement is all. Efficient governments are scary, in general.

I *do* think waiting over 5 months is too long, but it's not something I feel strongly enough about to get politically active about. Heck, I barely feel strongly enough about it to write about it in a post on the internet. :P

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

In a regional forum one usually expects specific information from people, such as those experienced with the consulates for the region, or even which bus to take from the Kiev train station to the medical exam clinic, for example.

There is a forum for general comments on the government. General comments are fairly useless in a regional forum.

All of us here have entered into realtionships with foreign women/men, some from the FSU. That involves a certain about of government red tape and BS. If you thought otherwise, you will be disappointed and stressed. Most stress is from unrealisitic expectations. It would be great if the government gave s a tracking number like Fedex and guaranteed overnight delivery of a petition that takes 20 minutes to process, but they don't. They don;t because they do not have to. Fedex does because they HAVE to. UPS will if they don't. You have no alternative visa delivery options and they really couldn't care less if you are updated.

If you think the NOA2 is the end, you are in for another disappointment, it is not even the beginning or the beginning of the beginning. For the next four years at least you will be documenting, collecting evidence, filing papers, waiting for NOAs (HOLY #######! I have so many I-797C letters!)

So buck up! You found a lovely/handsome FSU woman/man, your prince charming or maid Marion-skaya. You are going to have many many years of love and warmth. This is just a nuisance, nothing more.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Actually it as at it's most efficient.....to be able to do all that work in about 20 minutes (more for California and their coffee clutches.....that makes sense for them).

The real issue is all those petitions... the overall process could be quicker if they didn't allow so may petitions to be filed.......but then......how would you determine who got on the list for that year and not?

:lol: You are not allowing for when someone runs into the CSC barefoot and yells "Surf's Up!"

Seriously, you want to make a stink with the government...they will likely eliminate K-1 visas altogether. That HAS been discussed in the past. The US is one of very few countries that allow such a thing so easily. When you push the post office on efficiency they close post offices. Many countries offer MUCH faster service for family visas but allow ONLY visas for husband/wife, not for fiancees.

Government's answer is ALWAYS "raise taxes" OR "cut services" it is the only thing they CAN do.

I'm just making a general statement is all. Efficient governments are scary, in general.

How so?

Gary And Alla

How so?

Very efficient government usually comes as a result of single-minded ideology. It comes at the cost of serving the collective over the individual, especially "special cases." You want your government to be inefficient to a point, because it means that there are competing interests driving that inefficiency.

Edited by Captain Hammer

“Insist on yourself; never imitate. Your own gift you can present every moment with the cumulative force of a whole life’s cultivation; but of the adopted talent of another, you have only an extemporaneous half-possession. That which each can do best, none but his Maker can teach him.” — Emerson

Timeline

Very efficient government usually comes as a result of single-minded ideology. It comes at the cost of serving the collective over the individual, especially "special cases." You want your government to be inefficient to a point, because it means that there are competing interests driving that inefficiency.

So then the Soviet government would have been the most efficient ever.

You are wrong and cannot cite any examples. The most efficient government is SMALL.

Gary And Alla

So then the Soviet government would have been the most efficient ever.

You are wrong and cannot cite any examples. The most efficient government is SMALL.

Ok good job, you win.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

It comes at the cost of serving the collective over the individual, especially "special cases." Y

Karl would be proud of you. And you talk about not being political? !!!!!

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Karl would be proud of you. And you talk about not being political? !!!!!

I don't think I understand what you're saying. If you think I'm making the case for Marxism, nothing could be further from the truth.

Timeline

Let's say, for instance, that a spouse from whatever country got their green card in November 2009, as an example. Then filing for removal of conditions would result in a rejection if it was done before August of 2011. Because USCIS is trying to be efficient and not tie up adjudicators with cases which are not due any benefits. Someoe filing an I-751 more than 90 days before the conditional green card expires would be, actually, adding to the problem and making other people wait longer while it is determined that their case is in need of rejection.

People who are actually participating in the process of family based immigration need to pay attention to those things so as not to make things worse for others.

THAT would help with government efficiency.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

All those background checks are included in the instant check system. they enter your names and ID numbers and have an answer in 30 seconds. If it is clear you are good to go. If not, you get tossed for someone else to check. They go down a checklist as they go through your file, if what they need is there, you are approved. the vasy majority of files get handled ONCE for about 20 minutes, then get approved or tossed for RFEs. That's it. You are free to dwell on what "could" happen or you can be informed of what "does" happen. Your choice.

One of Alla's friends IS an adjudicator, I am not guessing.

Sounds they only care about doc presence, clear background, and nothing else..? Weird.

Than20 min is too much

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Timeline

Sounds they only care about doc presence, clear background, and nothing else..? Weird.

Than20 min is too much

Why on earth is that wierd? It is exactly what the petition is to determine, that you meet the qualifications to APPLY for a K-1 visa. That is all. Given the extremely simple requirements, why would it possibly be more involved? How difficult should it be to determine the petitioner is a citizen, they have met in person within the last two years and they are free to marry and the petitioner has no criminal record that would hinder the petition? That's all you have to do. Approved.

20 minutes allows for coffee breaks, web surfing, IMing each other and basic office grab@ss. The average adjudicator processes 20-24 cases in a 10 hour day, they have 1 hour for lunch and 2, 15 minute breaks which all get extended a bit beyond what they should be like in every other cube farm office in the world. The math is pretty simple.

Gary And Alla

Timeline

20 minutes allows for coffee breaks, web surfing, IMing each other and basic office grab@ss.

laughing.gif Arguable, I have to learn the standard adjudicator procedures.. Weird was in a sense it’s a big disconnect how they do and how it’s described in the Manual, i.e. spend hrs to determine possible fraud, double hrs to realize no terrorism involvement, plenty of time to mine if all supporting docs are authentic and unaltered , no mess with name translations [example: one was born in FSU with name1, died in Ukraine with name2 ]), etc.. NO coffee breaks. External IMs & Web are blocked. smile.gif

У нашому регiонi цей чорт зветься — шахтар

Whatever the times or what happens during those times, it really doesn't matter. The processing times are the processing times, and we might as well be speculating on the nature of the universe or the meaning of life when we speculate on what's happening during those times. When we filed, we didn't have the benefit of being able to see others' timelines because we hadn't discovered VJ yet. We kind of figured it would be about 6 months, although I don't remember how we reached that conclusion. But for anyone still waiting, the VJ timelines should provide a rough estimate. It's best to not even think about it during that time. Instead just get on with life, keep the relationship up, make the home ready for her arrival, and be patient. :)

Timeline

laughing.gif Arguable, I have to learn the standard adjudicator procedures.. Weird was in a sense its a big disconnect how they do and how its described in the Manual, i.e. spend hrs to determine possible fraud, double hrs to realize no terrorism involvement, plenty of time to mine if all supporting docs are authentic and unaltered , no mess with name translations [example: one was born in FSU with name1, died in Ukraine with name2 ]), etc.. NO coffee breaks. External IMs & Web are blocked. smile.gif

whenever i am faced with the choice of believeing a person that does the job and sits at my dinner table and describes it to me and a field manual...I go with the field manual I found online. :wacko:

If it helps to magine your petition is doing something besides sitting in a box for 6 months...ok.

Edited by Gary and Alla

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.