21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I emailed the embassy yesterday and received this e-mail "His file is being processed to completion, if nothing additional is required, he will be contacted shortly."

Does this mean we are almost done?? I hope so!!

Sounds promising to me :thumbs:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Timeline

Melakie02, as you already know, administrative processing can mean a number of things. It can mean either further background checks, pending FBI background checks, pending more documentation or the dreaded Security Advisory Opinion (SAO), among other things. There are a number of SAOs that are conducted, and we are unfortunately not privy to why an individual is selected for an SAO. The email that you received sounds like a generic response, as I received a similar one in a case that I have pending AP in Beirut. If you don't hear back from them in 2 weeks, I would recommend following up again and inquiring as to the reason for the AP - though I doubt that they would tell you why. Still, it doesn't hurt to try.

I also have an administrative processing case in Beirut. Would you mind posting when you get another response from the Embassy so that I can gage how long they are taking with the AP? I hope that they move your case along swiftly. Thanks!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Lebanon
Timeline

SRamia..... I know they never do give us a valid response. Its been over 90 days since my husband has been in AP. So after that email im hoping within these 2 weeks i will hear good news... I will let you know once i hear a response from the embassy... How long have you been in AP?

SRamia..... I know they never do give us a valid response. Its been over 90 days since my husband has been in AP. So after that email im hoping within these 2 weeks i will hear good news... I will let you know once i hear a response from the embassy... How long have you been in AP?

We just got a notice for AP this month (for my mother-in-law), but I know that means that we're in for a long wait so I wanted to jump into this forum to see what other applicants' experiences were like. From what I gather, it does seem like the Beirut embassy is running behind in their processing (to say the least) so I'm hoping for the best. Much of it, however, is out of their hands if they are waiting for security/background checks (or SAOs) because those come directly from Washington, DC. I will, however, be sure to keep you posted with any response that I get from them. Best of luck to you.

• 3 weeks later...

Melakie02, Just to keep you updated, we received notice from the Embassy that the visa has been approved. The passport was dropped off at the Embassy this morning for the visa stamp. In total, we waited 5 weeks for the completion of the AP. Best of luck.

Timeline

Hi all.

I have been following VJ for a long time and now I am posting especially in this thread. I had started my wife's spouse immigration process in mid 2008 and she finally got her interview at the Beirut Embassy on January 24, 2001. At the end of the interview she was given the 221G (white) form and the Administrative Process was highlighted in yellow. They did not ask for any info but took her finger prints and said not to contact them before 10 weeks. After that time frame passed, I contacted the embassy for follow-up and they did not respond, had my lawyer do her inquiry via the lawyer channel and she got a response that it is in AP. A few days ago I sent another email asking for an update as I never received a response from them. Well today based on another enquiry by my lawyer, the DOS, reponded and said the following: Post will contact the applicant shortly to request the passport and adjudicate the case to conclusion.

I am hoping that this means that my wife will finally be getting her visa and be able to take her and our 16 month old daughter to the US. What is your take on the response and I hope that my positive reading is correct (my lawyer thinks so too). TIA.

By the way, our daughter got her citizen papers and passport within 20 days from her passport and that needed a lot of work to show proof of my residence as a US citizen. Thankfully I have always kept the records and those came handy and all went well from the first trip.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

did any of you have their passports kept by the embassy or did they give them back to you and ask to send them in later? mine was kept by the embassy and i was not told i was in AP.

I was told that i was approved and should expect my passport in about 10 days, well i have not received it and when i emailed the embassy i was told i was in Additional Administrative Processing.

Now im confused because they have my passport and i asked them if they need anything else from me they said no not at this time and if they do they will contact me. So could it be that they r just waiting for name clearance?

mu wedding is on Aug 5th and i have a very bad feeling im not gonna make it.

10/10/2010-------NOA1 and sent to California Service Center for processing

10/19/2010-------Check Cashed

10/21/2010-------NOA1 Hardcopy received

11/26/2010-------Touched

02/17/2011-------NOA2 email received from USCIS confirming approval

02/28/2011-------NVC Received

03/15/2011-------Left NVC forwarded to US consulate in UK after 15 days of AP

03/21/2011-------US Consulate receive paper work and logged

03/22/2011-------Packet 3 sent by US consulate

03/24/2011-------Packet 3 received from US Consulate

03/24/2011-------Packet 3 returned to Consulate

04/01/2011-------Packet 3 logged by Consulate

03/29/2011-------Medical booked

04/04/2011-------Packet 4 sent

04/09/2011 -------Packet 4 received

04/20/2011-------Interview APPROVED!!! :) 181 days from filing.

06/10/2011-------POE Chicago flight from LHR

AOS TIMELINE

06/10/2011------- entered USA

06/14/2011------- Applied for SSN#

06/24/2011 ------ Married in court prior to church wedding

06/30/2011------- filed AOS/EAD/AP

07/12/2011------- Received SSN#

09/06/2011------- AP and EAD approved

09/14/2011------- AP & EAD card received

10/06/2011------- AOS interview

Timeline

well this was fast after the DOS email, this morning my wife got a call from the embassy asking her to drop off the passport. I went, got it and dropped it of and they gave me the voucher and to pick it up on the 18th. They said that this is it and will see when I pick up the passport. If this is true, then her and our daughter are on the plane with me in June.

Timeline

Finally, the Visa and the sealed package are in hand and now my wife and daughter are going to go home with me. I don't understand why the it took this long for them to come back to us after the interview (when she was told that the case is AP).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.