Zenak

USCIS Baltimore AOS Interview Failed?!

16 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Hello to all of you,

Me and my husband have been married for over 3 years, he proposed on (MAY 23RD, 2007), got married on (August 13th, 2008). Me and my husband have known each other since Middle school and have been dating since 11th grade. I am now 24 and my husband 25. We have been dealing with the Immigration since 2009! When i 1st started filing all the paper work i was told that it be in my best interest to get a lawyer, worst thing i could had ever done!! The lawyer screwed me so badly!! I always had to chase her down to get information about my case, at the time my EAD that i originally had at the time was expired, at the time i had a job and luckily my job didn't notice until they started auditing paper work and then on i had gotten caught up, hopefully for me at the time i just had gotten done my Bio and my new EAD was on it's way anytime and was able to keep my job ( This was back in 2009). On January 2010 i get a phone call from my lawyer stating that my interview was on the next day!!!! You can believe the shock that came into me! 1st my husband was out of town for a family emergency and 2nd of all i had no paper work ready!! i panicked....At the time my lawyer was like don't worry i will write you letter to re-schedule you appointment, so she did and the next day i went to the Baltimore office to drop off my letter, soon to find out that now i would have to go threw hell to get another Interview appointment which i didn't get till the end of March 2011. I had to go threw immigration judge and all of that it was such a mentally stressful situation. When me and my husband first got married we started living with my mom due to financial issues, my husband was full and still full of debt (School Loans) and at the time i was ok. We then moved to our own apartment but when i tried putting him on Lease he had gotten denied due to poor credit. Me and my husband live pay check to pay check with some many bills coming our way we weren't able to keep our apartment. So we decided to rent a room with on of my best friends and then we essentially had to move again with the same person just to a Town house. None of our name were on any lease, we weren't able to be added due to higher rent would occur.

MY AOS INTERVIEW EXPERIENCE: (April 7th, 2011)

So we finally got our letter in the mail last Thursday!! A week before our Interview and one again i started freaking out!! As i put all the informations all together hoping that it would all be ok, got all letters from closest friends/family notarized.So we get there asked us to go to room 103, we get there about 15-20 min early. 5 min after depositing our receipt to the reception our name gets called and he asked us to go down to room G something. I started getting extremely nervous because i had heard that when your are send to any G rooms that it meant that they would separate both of us. So we go downstairs and give our notice to the reception. We wait about 10 minutes till our named is called, i could tell my poor husband was so nervous but me on the other i wasn't at all. The thing about my husband is that he's sooo forget full but i went in their confident, by the way they did call us together. We toke a oath before getting seated then were asked by the officer to hand out all our evidence of being married. 1st of all the officer was extremely unpleasant, we didn't a HI or a smile NOTHING! She was extremely intimidating and immediately started bombarding my husband with questions, my husband was freaking out i could tell i wish i could taken his place he was so nervous :(.....The she went on about if he had ever signed a lease, he went on and said "Yes i guess" then said "well wait i'm not sure what means" thats when the officer started getting frustrated with him and said "what, don't you know what a lease is?" and she went on about it then my husband was "Oh that, sorry got confused the answer is No". At that time you could tell that she was so frustrated and extremely unpleasant, by the way there was another lady sitting by her observing. Then she kept on bombarding him with more questions my husband was so nervous :( then she went on into my DUI cases which i had 2 from a long time ago. She went on and asked him "Has your wife ever been arrested?" and he said "No", OMG when he said that i couldn't believe him because he knew that i had gotten arrested for them i guess he thought it meant going to jail or something then she looked at me and asked me "Have you ever been arrested?" and i said "Yes". That's when she got so frustrated and got up and said that "OK, Ms. you'll need to step out in the waiting room while i ask your husband questions by HIMSELF!!", OMG you guys i was sooooo scared, my poor husband i don't know what had gotten into him :(, Si iwent back into the waiting room panicking, sweaty palm it was the worst!! I was so upset to because these 2 couple had came right after us and were leaving when i had stepped out to the waiting room :( they had gotten the African officer which seemed so pleasant and much more relaxed, WE HAD TO GET THE STUCK UP OFFICER THAT HATES UN AMERICANS (THAT'S EXACLY WHAT SHE LOOKS LIKE). So my husband was in there for about 1/2 hour and he stepped out and looked so stress!! As he stepped out she then calls m right away! i proceeded answering her question like basic question, describe your room which i did, in our room which a a opened dresser where my husband puts his folded shirts, i occasionally put my stuff there 2 but it's rare, i told her that i didn't put my clothes there but my husband had answer her that i did which i rarely do!! then she asked us about the floor of our bathroom, she asked "is tile.." i proceed saying i'm not sure , then she asked when was the last time we saw my mom which was last weekend! and my husband had answer her in march during spring break!! what? how could he not remember that we saw her last weekend?? anyways then she asked when was the last time my husband saw my sister and me, i said "Well i saw my sister in march when she came for spring break" and she said your husband said that he saw her during that time too, i was like he did?? and the proceeded saying " it's quite possible because my sister came to our house as she pleased so he must of seen her while i wasn't there". Anyways the interview went terribly :( at the end she asked me "Is your husband take any medication (for being so forget full" i said "NO, but my husband never can't remember anything! he's extremely bad with numbers, he can never remember anybody's birthday even his own mom, this is why i take care of all our bills etc.." !! then she said that i could take my passport id back and she also toke my I-94 in the beginning of the interview she didn't ask for my EAD (it had been expired since december 2010 and i didn't have it anyways). She then proceeded by calling my husband in AGAIN!! He was so nervous my poor baby :(. 15 min later he comes back out and says to us extremely in a cold voice " you should receive a letter asking for more evidence or a decision letter and then left . No bye have a good day NOTHING she was sooo rude! When my husband went back in alone for 2nd time the officer was scrambling him down!! she said you guys had all the questions wrong, that this is a fraud marriage and proceeded telling about the consequences up to 250,000 penalty and up to 5 years in jail blah blah blah just to freak him out!! My husband and was in all panicking mod when he got out :(. My husband wasn't expecting it to be all about him, neither did i!! i had read all the forums possible but never saw this before? she didn't ask us anything personal like our weeding, how long we dated for NOTHING!!

Anyways guys, if you have any suggestion about my situation i would gladly appreciate it, i am extremely mentally worn out with all this immigration stuff. I pray everyday that God protect us both and help us get threw this, i've also lost my job so now i have no income coming thru except for my husband's which isn't much. It's very though for us right now, i came to the USA when i was 11 LEGALLY with an A-2 visa. I am just so scared that we failed, i mean who knew you had to know every little details about your husband? even 90 years old couple don't even know each other a 100% that's impossible shouldn't they know that especially that office she looked like she was married, We just had to get the worst office in Baltimore just our luck and we went in there so confident :(. anyways thanks again for any suggestions.

Have a great day.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

From what are you adjusting status from? (K-1, K-3, Student, Work, Tourist, Visa waiver)? Rarely does AOS from a K-1 fail, however Tourist and VWP can have problems.

:time:http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=104814

Moving to AOS case status forum.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Firstly, I'm really sorry you had to go through all that nightmare.

and please forgive me for what i'm about to say here, I really really don't mean to be rude here, just sincerely want to give you an advise.

From what I read above, it's possible that your husband might have some mental/brain conditions that you might never notice before as you've known him for all your life, you grew up with him actually.

I know somebody, a very very nice guy and excellent father, who has a condition that is considered a mild autisism. He looks perfectly normal and healthy, however, the things showing that he has something different from others are that he doesn't deal very good with under-pressure situations, he can get severely freaked out or get panic attacked easily, he has lots of problems when it comes to memories involving numbers, date & time of events, or past incidents, and sometimes he can get anxiety disorder if he gets put on the spot, surrounded by people asking him serious questions.

You will never notice these symptoms of a person if that person has never been put under pressure.

What i'm trying to say is that DO NOT let the IO misinterpret those nervous moments of your husband into a marriage fraud. If you agree with me that your husband might have this condition, get him checked up and get a formal statement from a doctor so if your case get denied and you decide to appeal you can have something to go fight with them, so you can have the explainations as to why your and your husband's answers went mostly worng, simply it's because your husband naturally can't handle this and it's not his fault, he was born this way, but that doesn't mean that you guys don't love each other.

I truly apologize if your husband is not what I think he might be, but one thing I'm quite sure is that your marriage is real, you guys have been dating since middle school, for christ's sake, I mean I don't know how more genuine a marriage could be than this. Good luck and keep us posted, ok :)

Edited by polar1979

If we get denied i might want to get him checked lol so at least they know that he's extremely forget full, hopefully we won't have to go threw this (crossing my fingers) because i heard that they also give Stokes interview and god knows that my husband would not be able to handle it especially after our last experience yesterday. And she didn't even acknowledge our relationship she didn't even care! we even showe her pictures and everything but nothing! all she asked him was when we 1st met and that was it! But i'm keeping faith in this and still believing. Thanks guys for your opinions!

If we get denied i might want to get him checked lol so at least they know that he's extremely forget full, hopefully we won't have to go threw this (crossing my fingers) because i heard that they also give Stokes interview and god knows that my husband would not be able to handle it especially after our last experience yesterday. And she didn't even acknowledge our relationship she didn't even care! we even showe her pictures and everything but nothing! all she asked him was when we 1st met and that was it! But i'm keeping faith in this and still believing. Thanks guys for your opinions!

That was a stokes. They separated you and ended telling you that they think this was a sham marriage.

Questions like had you been arrested are not hard questions.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

That was a stokes. They separated you and ended telling you that they think this was a sham marriage.

Questions like had you been arrested are not hard questions.

10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin

03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Turkey
Timeline

so this was a I-130 interview... I am sorry to hear your experience but obviously those answers didn't not match and any IO officer would think the same as it is a sham marriage.

I heard that when you are called for an I-130 interview it tends to be longer and harder compared to an I-485 interview.

I honestly see a denial in your case but that doesn't mean the end of all. You can appeal to decision with the above mentioned doctor papers and such...

(my friend's friend friend (not my friend) had an I-130 interview too, he was an F-1 and was illegal, he lost his status, not continuing the school... He even went to immigration jail for around 10 days. I remember he didn't have any criminal records, never arrested, no DUI, no nothing. After wife bailing him out, they appeared before an immigration judge, twice i think. Remember judge saying I will give you time so I can wait to see your I-130 results. They passed their I-130 interviews and he got his green card around 3-4 months ago.

Edited by vkn & jsb

09/01/2002 - Came to USA on an F-1

-
03/11/2011 - (Day 01) - AOs Package Delivered

08/08/2011 - (Day 150) - Green Card arrived

-

04/30/2013 - (Day 00) - I-751 Package Sent

05/01/2013 - (Day 01) - I-751 Package Delivered

01/16/2014 - (Day 261) - I-751 Interview, verbal approval on the spot

04/08/2014 - (Day 343) - I-751 Approved

-

04/28/2014 - (Day 00) - N-400 Package Sent

04/30/2014 - (Day 01) - N-400 Package Delivered

05/03/2014 - (Day 04) - NOA Receipt Date

05/27/2014 - (Day 29) - Walk-In Biometrics (original date was 06/04/2014)

06/27/2014 - (Day 60) - In Line for Interviewing

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Interview in Long Island City Field Office, Result: RFE given

10/06/2014 - (Day 102) - Responded RFE

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - Naturalization Oath Ceremony

01/23/2015 - (Day 211) - US Citizen

UPDATE:

Guess what guys?!! We got APPROVED!!! I've never felt so relieved in my life! You see even when me & my husband though we had done terribly come to find out we really didn't do as bad as we taught!!! God is so good and never stop believing and always have faith!

Hope you could find our story inspiring and I wish you all the best of luck!!!

Congrats on the approval Zenak. Likely they reviewed your answers following the interview and reviewed your evidence again satisfying themselves that they should recommend you for approval!

12/01/2010: Married!
12/14/2010: Mailed AOS Packed to Lockbox
12/23/2010: USCIS Receipt notice for I-485/I-130/I-765/I-131
01/05/2011: Successful biometrics walkin at Charleston WV office!
03/04/2011: EAD and AP combo card in hand.
04/21/2011: AOS Interview at Norfolk local office. APPROVED & Card production ordered!
04/25/2011: Welcome to the US letter received in mail.
05/02/2011: Green Card arrives in mail!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

01/29/2013: NOA received for I-751 form submission (joint)

02/22/2013: Walk in biometric (appt. for 03-05-13)

06/25/2013: I-751 approved!

06/29/2013: 10yr Green Card received in the mail!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

08/18/2015: Mailed N-400 application

08/28/2015: NOA for N-400

09/14/2015: Biometrics appointment for N-400

02/02/2016: Interview for N-400. APPROVED!

02/18/2016: Oath ceremony!

Congratulations.

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

• 7 months later...

wow i have to say congrats on this one, that was a really rough time, if your case got approved then i feel better about my AOS now

6/29/12 AOS Package mailed Chicago Lockbox

7/01/12 Package delivered

7/09/12 NOA email notification

7/14/12 Received hard copy of NOA in the mail

7/16/12 Received biometric appointment letter for 8/01/12

7/23/12 Successful walk in Biometrics

8/15/12 Received email for interview notice

8/17/12 Received interview notice in the mail

9/10/12 EAD card ordered, (didnt get email or text checked it on USCIS website)

9/18/12 EAD card received in the mail

9/18/12 Interview done, approved on the spot!

9/19/12 Got email that approval notice was mailed out on 9/18/12

9/22/12 Received Approval notice in the mail

9/24/12 Got email that greencard was sent in the mail

9/26/12 Received greencard in the mail, thank you lord!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.