DavidandIrina

Best way to meet a Ukrainian/Russian (and cheapest)

401 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Your circumstances may be a little bit different, but I think your son will get derivative US citizenship when your wife naturalizes. See Q-25 on this FAQ.

Tnx for that info; he may quality under that. I'll investigate.

I like to believe that with hard work comes luck. Some are luckier than others and others are not so much. I don't compare but do have a problem with some obtruding their experiences.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

One never has a second chance at making a first impression. New poster (at least for the last three years) doesn't know my history. I'm sorry he has had so many problems; I really do hope it gets better for them.

And you failed miserably. I don't care about your history, only went by what you wrote. It is entirely possible that you are a great guy but your post was condescending, arrogant, elitist and obnoxious. The little that you do know about USCIS is made apparent when you say there is no connection between USCIS and NC DMV. The common thread is called S.A.V.E. (Systematic Alien Verification for Entitlements) and it is the data base used to verify Alien Immigrant status in the US. When USCIS screws up their data entry, it filters down though various entities that utilize that system, namely the NC DMV (Social Security, entry/exit visas, etc). Perhaps you are not familiar with this because you were fortunate enough not to encounter any problems, but for some of us, and not necessarily by our own hand, we were forced to become intimately familiar with it. Now, unless you feel that our government is incapable of making mistakes, I submit to you that there is a chance that the rosy picture you paint of USCIS may fall somewhere short of reality.

New poster – that’s a good one! My last posts were back in February 2011 – but I guess you missed that little detail.

Just so you understand what it is that I am hearing from your posts:

Yep, breezed right through.....and no fee increase. Guess you just have poor timing. May not be your fault.

You guess I have poor timing and it may not be my fault? Condescending, arrogant, elitist

NC DMV and USCIS are two totally different entities. Save your woes for another forum, please?

Where’s the question? Your statement, while accurate, failed to address what it was responding to. Obnoxious

Most do. You are an exception. Most folks that have problems are usually partially to blame. Not blaming you.

Most do, most folks? Back it up with facts buddy boy. Obnoxious

Well well, the USCIS is my friend. They have provided the mechanism to me to bring my young blond Russian hottie MOB and young adopted son to me so we all can have a happy family together. And....we are very happy. Sri you are not. Maybe it will get better for you?

Ah yes, true love, nice to see where your priorities are. I can only guess the “Sri” is lazy for sorry. If so, this is yet another inaccurate guess on your part. We are happy; we are through the process shy of citizenship. Don’t count your chickens until they hatch. You still have biometrics and interviews to wade through. Arrogant, elitist and obnoxious

But if you really want to see a system at work....like I said....go after any Russian system. That will leave you crying. Not for the faint at heart.

The assumption is that I have not been to Russia, again wrong. In the US, if a government office decides that you are wrong, that’s it, you are wrong until you can get someone with more authority to see it from your side. In Russia, while you may encounter similar bureaucracy, you can get most anything you want for money. It is a way of life there. Getting pulled over by the police every couple of miles because you are an American (or most any other tourist) and shaken down for roubles is not unusual. Getting documents and other governmental matters taken care of in a timely manner usually means shelling out some cash here and there. You are free to correct me if your experience was different but I am not stating this as fact for all, only my reality during my time in Russia, my personal experience. Unlike you I do not claim that my experience is the way it is for everyone. Too many variations to even begin to claim there is a “norm”. It is far more likely that the reverse is true – the “norm” is that there is no “norm”.

I like to believe that with hard work comes luck. Some are luckier than others and others are not so much. I don't compare but do have a problem with some obtruding their experiences.

Do I even need to point out the irony of this statement? Your opinion is that because it went well in your case, those of us that have had problems have had them because of our shortcomings; there can be no other answer. The very idea that our government could possibly make mistakes seems to be foreign to you. Yes, you do compare and you are just as guilty of obtruding your experiences as the next guy. The difference is that you claim you don’t.

Read what you write…

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

LAISSEZ LES BONS TEMPS ROULER!!

Timeline

Just to clarify before the flamewar begins, the part about getting stopped by the police only happened in the more rural areas I visited, not in the cities.(edited for spelling)

Edited by NavarreMan

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant" is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensedregistered pharmacist". (because somebody gives a damn)

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Timeline

About what I expected...

Russia-USA.png

Together at last!!!

Entry 4/8/08

Marriage 6/7/08

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Get a job assignment there making a hefty US salary, 40% overseas bonus, monthly living expenses, private driver, ALL tax free. Ukrainian women were everywhere and they PAID ME to be there and meet them. I highly recommend it.

Ummmm where does one get such a job?!? Hook me up :-D

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

About what I expected...

Me three...

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I have heard it said..if you dont have $15,000 cash available in the first year...dont even start....I spend far more than that in a year..

Where do you read that you need that much cash?? I don't have that much cash anymore.. converted it all to silver (which I must say I am glad I did it has done EXTREMELY well)

Timeline

Foreigners still get stopped while driving, at least in St. Petersburg. My friend was with two German friends and they had to pay a 5000 rouble fine for something ridiculous.

That's insane. They should've had somebody Russian with them.

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

Why? because it is not true? or because it is true? You can say it here because none of us are concerned about it. Also FSU people are brutally honest and we are used to it. :lol:

That they are!!!! :-) Olya lets me know it! Fact is I love the honesty, because I know she will not play games with me. I am always confused when women say one thng and mean another.....Oh wait, Russian women are like that to!!! :innocent:

If you think it is easy, it's not. USCIS will do everything to discourage those who are not ready for the long-haul. Communication, or at least the determination with which you both seek communication will be very important. What makes sense to you may be an insult to her or visa-versa. It will take lots of patience to clear up misunderstandings and even more to get past the differences of culture (no whistling in the house!).

As for the OP – sounds like someone fishing for reactions rather than someone who genuinely seeks advice and counsel.

I always get the why are you whistling question. I tell them not to worry, I am not broke yet and keep whistling. :whistle: Olya asked me why am I not afraid, and I told her the day I stop whistling, I am really pissed! :devil:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.