vicki/bala

No one here on AP?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hello guys,

Any one know about administrative processing? We have been on AP for 3 months now...any idea about what is the time line for it? it drives me nuts, :crying::crying: not knowing the result. Any comments, would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Vicki/Bala

10/2002 Met in yahoo chat

10/2004 Romance blossoms

04/2005 Went to india, spent two wonderful weeks together

06/11/05 Sent petition

06/22/05 1st NOA received

09/12/05 2nd NOA received

11/15/05 Interview: request for additional information from me.

11/30/05 Got notice that we were Placed on Administrative Processing

03/04/06 Going to visit with my boo!

04/08/06 Back home (sigh) back to waiting again.

06/15/06 7 months on AP (will this ever end?)

07/06/06 called for second interview (it was a nightmare)

07/14/06 learned our petition was sent back

07/15/06 ready to carry on the fight!!!!

10/17/06 petition is back at USCIS

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

who you let stay, and who you refuse to let go.

Filed: Timeline

vicki/bala,

There is no timeline for what is more commonly (here at VJ) called 'Administrative Review'. (Most people associate the acronym AP with the Advance Parole travel document.)

When they finish investigating whatever it is they're investigating, or decide whatever it is they need to decide, you'll learn the result.

Yodrak

Hello guys,

Any one know about administrative processing? We have been on AP for 3 months now...any idea about what is the time line for it? it drives me nuts, :crying::crying: not knowing the result. Any comments, would be highly appreciated.

Thank you

Vicki/Bala

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Namaste Vicki/Bala:

I have not read of many administrative Processings here - I know of one through Colombia that took 6 or 7 months to clear - It was for a name check through FBI (same name matched one on their list, I think.) Good Luck

K1

March 2 Filed I-129 F

July 21 Interview in Bogota ** Approved ** Very Easy!

AOS

Oct 19 Mailed AOS Packet to Chicago

Feb 17 AOS interview in Denver. Biometrics also done today! (Interviewing officer ordered them.)

Apr 25 Green card received

Removal of conditions

March 17 Refiled using new I-751 form

April 16 Biometrics done

July 10 Green card production ordered

Citizenship

Jan 20 filed N400

Feb 04 NOA date

Feb 24 Biometrics

May 5 Interview - Centennial (Denver, Colorado) Passed

June 10 Oath Ceremony - Teikyo Loretto Heights, Denver, Colorado

July 7 Received Passport in 3 weeks

Shredded all immigration papers Have scanned images

Timeline

Some one told me that AP is something done in homefield. And AR is an investigation done thru FBI. Is it? (sigh) I know many of us in same boat. Some are in front, some on our back.... When we can do nothing, but just to wait, what else we can do other than praying God?

I pray for all of us.

Vicki/Bala

10/2004 Romance blossoms

06/11/05 Sent petition

God determines who walks into your life....it's up to you to decide who you let walk away,

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Go to the sections “Service Centers” and also “Department of State” (NVC). There are a lot of post for security clearance and administrative processing. Some VJ members names are “Cohibakid”, “Irishgirl”( I belive, not sure) and others that I can not remember their names.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

Johanna & Peter

Colombia / U.S.A.

I-129F / K-1 Fiancee Visa

08-20-02 - Met Johanna in Armenia, Colombia

10-05-05 - K-1 Sent to TSC

10-14-05 - Received NOA1 by E-Mail (Day 9)

12-22-05 - Reveived NOA2 By E-Mail & Mail (Day 78)

03-03-06 - Interview Date! (Day 149) Approved

03-10-06 - Johanna Arrived

05-27-06 - Married

I-485 / AOS (Did not applied for EAD or AP)

06-05-06 - Sent I-485 application to Chicago via USPS (Day 1)

06-06-06 - AOS Package Delivered at 12:29PM

06-12-06 - Received NOA1 by Mail

06-14-06 - Check Cashed

06-22-06 - Received Appointment Notice for Biometrics

06-26-06 - "Request for Additional Evidence" Online, waiting for letter

06-29-06 - Biometrics Done!

06-30-06 - Received RFE Letter by mail. (Missing Birth Certificate)

07-10-06 - Sent RFE by Express Mail USPS

07-11-06 - RFE Delivered @ 10:54AM Sign by D. Atwell

08-28-06 - AOS Transferred to CSC E-mail & USCIS Website (Day 85)

08-30-06 - Touched #1

08-31-06 - Touched #2

08-31-06 - E-Mail from CRIS & USCIS-CSSO - CSC received AOS Application

09-01-06 - Touched #3

09-01-06 - NOA by Mail Regarding Transfer to CSC

09-05-06 - Touched #4

09-07-06 - Touched #5

09-13-06 - Touched #6

09-15-06 - AOS Approved by Online Status & E-mail

09-21-06 - Received GC and Welcome Letter (Day 109)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline
Go to the sections “Service Centers” and also “Department of State” (NVC). There are a lot of post for security clearance and administrative processing. Some VJ members names are “Cohibakid”, “Irishgirl”( I belive, not sure) and others that I can not remember their names.

Good luck,

Peter Miami

I "think" that is what's going on with us I am not 100% sure at this point-it looks pretty likely. My congressman said that our case was pulled for review, but others here have told me that could just be the "generic" answer that they give. vicki/bala............I will help with anything if I can. I have been waiting 75 days & I called USCIS & they will be notifying me by 3/10. I was told they have to let me know what's going on within 30 days of calling(getting the referral-as they call it). Could be AR-could be an rfe. At this point I have absolutely NO idea what's going on.

I won't complain b/c apparently I am self-centered and annoying everyone ;)

Ni neart go cur le cheile

"Togetherness is Strength"

Timeline

First thing we discovered is.........There is a thing called Administratie Review.. and a thing called Administratie Processing. What each entails has not been made clear to us.. but twice..once by the Embassy itself and once by DOS they have made a point to correct us when we ask about our Administrative Review.... stating its"Administrative Processing"... so there is a difference. They are not one and the same.

Secondly there has been NO security checks ordered.. DOS has verified this three times. I was told "whatever is going on, is all within the embassy itself". The embassy asked for some additional information from me, I supplied that, inquired as to whether they needed anything else from us and to date we have not heard anything else about it.

The embassy will not tell us anything. The DOS says best way to find out is contact the Embassy.. BIG DUH!!

is it me or is this a vicious circle????

Best of Luck to All

Vicki/Bala

10/2004 Romance blossoms

06/11/05 Sent petition

Timeline
First thing we discovered is.........There is a thing called Administratie Review.. and a thing called Administratie Processing. What each entails has not been made clear to us.. but twice..once by the Embassy itself and once by DOS they have made a point to correct us when we ask about our Administrative Review.... stating its"Administrative Processing"... so there is a difference. They are not one and the same.

Secondly there has been NO security checks ordered.. DOS has verified this three times. I was told "whatever is going on, is all within the embassy itself". The embassy asked for some additional information from me, I supplied that, inquired as to whether they needed anything else from us and to date we have not heard anything else about it.

The embassy will not tell us anything. The DOS says best way to find out is contact the Embassy.. BIG DUH!!

is it me or is this a vicious circle????

Best of Luck to All

Vicki/Bala

I haven't had any response whatsoever-when I called USCIS they told me I will hear from them in 30 days which will be next week. My congressman made it seem like we are under "administrative review" but I really have no idea. All I know is that I am pissed and really frustrated. I guess I will find out more when I get an e-mail or a letter(I am not holding my breath for either). It is a vicious circle-It's all bull-sh@t! I hope you get good news soon.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Afghanistan
Timeline

Not sure if you saw my reply to your other post last week about denials post AP/AR but I figured I'd cut and paste it here...

"I can't give much helpful information... but know that you are not alone... the same thing is happening with my case... my fiance interviewed 1-6-06 and he's on AP but DOS doesn't even have clearances requested yet... they told me the same - still at the Islamabad embassy... (he's afghan but has to go through islamabad) ... from what I understand, the home field investigation is when someone from the consulate comes out to where your SO is and investigates the validity of the relationship - anyone can be subject to this..."

it's very frustrating... and I'm only at about a month and a half... they had told us to call or email after 45 days if no word from embassy - that was yesterday for us... we emailed and were told that it's still AP... DOS doesn't tell you anything other than its at the embassy, embassy tells us its still AP and can't tell the petitioner or beneficiary exactly what that entails... I guess all we can do is to pray and wait...

good luck.

K-1 Timeline

04-29-05 - NOA1

07-29-05 - NOA2

01-06-06 - Interview - Admin Processing

04-13-06 - Day 97 since interview - Full set of prints taken at embassy - 3 sec checks requested from DOS

07-07-06 - Cable sent back to ISL

07-20-06 - ISL sending "call-in" letter w/ some add'l docs req'd

07-25-06 - Visa issued (15 months after filing including 199 days of AP/AR)

08-03-06 - POE at LAX

08-26-06 - Married

09-02-06 - Social Security Card Arrives

AOS/EAD Timeline

09-29-06 - AOS & EAD off to Chicago via USPS

10-01-06 - Rec'd 9:13 pm // signed for by R. Mercado

10-05-06 - NOA on AOS & EAD (w/ no middle name)

10-06-06 - Checks Cashed

10-11-06 - Inquiry sent through USCIS to add middle name

10-15-06 - touched

10-24-06 - Biometrics Appt.

12-14-06 - Interview - "Approved" Pending FBI Check

01-10-07 - EAD touched

01-13-07 - EAD approved per CRIS email

01-15-07 - EAD touched

01-18-07 - EAD notice mailed out per CRIS email

01-20-07 - EAD rec'd in the mail

01-23-07 - EAD touched again (???)

05-18-07 - AOS touched - email sent saying "interview conducted - case under active review"

06-07-07 - AOS touched and paper rec'd from USCIS stating conditional status granted on 6-6-07

06-11-07 - Welcome to America letter rec'd by mail

*** File for removal of conditions in Spring '09

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

My husband was issued a 221(g) at his interview declaring that the case was on hold for administrative processing and that he would be contacted when the processing was complete. His name WAS sent through the FBI security checks, as I confirmed with DOS. It took about 2 weeks to clear. As far as I am aware, this is how administrative processing goes. It's standard procedure for immigrants from certain countries. The clearance seems to take 1 week to 3 months, depending on the number of hits generated in the FBI database.

If DOS told you that the name was not sent through the FBI database, then this is not the standard administrative processing. Was a 221(g) issued at the interview?

Administrative Review seems to be something else all together, and I have no idea how long you could be waiting on that.

Best of luck for a speedy resolution.

Timeline

I didn't read your timeline-so sorry.

I am still waiting for noa2(k-1).

IM still waiting for mine NOA2 to..... we are in advanced security checks, i think this is the same as AR and we not got even got our NOA2 yet!

Its been 6 months now.. Good luck

Edited by Lizzy

K1

September 15 - 2005: NOA1

October: Waiting

November: Waiting

December: In Security checks

January 2006: Waiting

February: Waiting..Contacted Congress

March 4th: APPROVED

March 17th: NVC posted file to London

March 20th: London Receives file

March 29th: Receive package 3

April 13th: London Receives package

April 19th: Medical - June 13th: INTERVIEW......APPROVED!!!!

June 20th: ARRIVE IN USA

Time taken for whole process 9 Months

~~~~~ * ~~~~~

AOS

October: 13th: Sent off AOS Package

November 3rd: NOA1

November 14th: Snail mail ~ NOA1 ~ Case moved to the CSC for faster processing.

November 14th : CSC has petition for me and my daughter.

December 14th: Biometrics completed.

January 17th: APPROVED AOS!

January 22nd: Green card arrives in the mail:))

Time taken for AOS - 3.5 Months

Finished for 2 years.

dev015pb___.png

Timeline
IM still waiting for mine NOA2 to..... we are in advanced security checks, i think this is the same as AR and we not got even got our NOA2 yet!

Its been 6 months now.. Good luck

My fiance was denied entry last year & I am thinking that could be cause for the delay, but he was sent home for overstaying on the vwp 2 lousy days. I have no idea what is happening, that is why I am going crazy here. My Mom was born in England-maybe that was a red flag? The NOT knowing is killing me and him. Thought our case was pretty straightforward-honestly, I was arrogant & thought that we would be approved straight away(judging by others timelines). I wasn't even really worried about an RFE-because I gave everything we were required to. very very stressed.

Good luck to you as well ;)

Hello guys,

Thank you

Vicki/Bala

I spent about 10 days on AP (NOT AR) due to an incorrect spelling on my I-129F orginal petition.

We spelled her name one way, when she got her Ukraine international passport back they spelled her name differently in English than we did. They had to have her "NEW" english spelling run again at the DOS, luckily it was done in about 10 days.

This happens alot at Keiv and Moscow, but AP with each consulate is different and each AP reason can be different.

It's usually a paperwork screw up somewhere...

Best of luck

I-129F

11-28-05 Petition Sent

11-29 Arrived at Nebraska

12-02 Check Cashed - LIN Receipt # On Check :-)

12-02 NOA1 via internet

12-05 NOA1 snail mail

12-13 NOA2 via internet (day 14)

12-16 Email: Petition Forward to Dept. Of State

12-17 NOA2 snail mail

02-22-06 Interview passed, K1 Visa approved.

02-24 Visa arrived

04-14 Arrive in America.. SHE'S HERE!

07-07 Married :-)

AOS, EAD, AP

07-14-06 Sent all 3

07-16 Delivery Confirmed (NOA's dated 07-16)

07-24 3 NOA's in the mail box. (MSC #s not online for a long time!)

07-29 Biometrics letter

08-08 Biometrics Complete.

08-28 RFE Sent For I-485??? (Sigh, this is what it takes to get your MSC # online?)

08-31 RFE Snail Mail, Missing Tax Info (which was sent the first time!)

08-31 RFE Sent back

09-08 RFE rcvd at MSC email update

09-11 Touched I-485

09-13 Touched I-485

09-21 Rcvd AOS appt letter

10-18 Sent 'Status Inquiry' snail mail about EAD/AP not online and not approved.

10-28 AP/EAD FINALLY show online... 106 days. Not complete!

10-28 AP/EAD/AOS touched.

10-31 AP/EAD/AOS touched

11-03 11-07 11-11 and 11-13 EAD touched.

11-15 Day 123 (Day 68 since the RFE) EAD approved 11-14 email! AP still waiting.

11-16 10 AM Aos approved, 2 weeks to the green card we hope!

11-16 2PM EAD card in the mail.

11-17 Email "Welcome letter"

11-20 Welcome letter in Mail

11-27 Another "Welcome" email dated 11-27, changed from 11-17

11-29-06 GC in Mail, Were done for 1.75 years!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.