tokyolotus

Will they EMAIL interview notice?

8 posts in this topic

I am expecting the interview notice but both my husband and I may travel overseas. I am wondering if USCIS will send you an email notice as well? Or they only send you a letter?

By the way, we have put the email and phone information on our USCIS "my account" to receive notification.

Thank you in advance.

They have just started emailing some people, but I wouldn't rely on it. Their email system is not reliable. Make sure someone checks your mail for you, and don't go for too long. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

I don't know about now, but I was e-mailed our interview date back in April of 2009. We received the e-mail (both my husband and I) and then we received the letter in the mail several days later.

I-751 ROC

Mailed Packet: 4/1/11

Packet Delivered @ VSC: 4/4/11 signed for by D. Renaud

NOA1 Dated: 4/5/11

NOA1 Recived Date: 4/11/11

Check Cashed: 4/11/11

Biometrics Appt: 6/17/11

APPROVED!!: 11/25/11

I don't know about now, but I was e-mailed our interview date back in April of 2009. We received the e-mail (both my husband and I) and then we received the letter in the mail several days later.

Interesting. In 2010 no one got any emails about interview. I have seen a few lately so I thought it was new. Thanks for the info. :)

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Algeria
Timeline

We did not receive an email for interview date...only hard copy in the mail.

02/21/99 Hubby entered with F1 student visa D/S

May 2002 He stopped attending school because he couldn't afford it any longer.

03?/2002 USC sibling I-130 petition

02/2009 Met hubby

08/2009 Sibling petition approved but ineligible to adjust status due to overstay

07/10 Married :)

11/22/10 [day 0]- mailed AOS packet!! should be there by noon 11/23/2010

12/3/10 [day 11]- received email/text notification of acceptance from USCIS

12/3/10 hubby surprised me with a trip to Los Angeles for my birthday...no problems :)

12/6/10 [day 14]- received hard copy NOA1 in mail

12/7/10 [day 15]- checks cashed...ouch

12/15/10 [day 23]- rec'd biometrics appt set for Dec. 28th at 10 am! :)

12/28/10 [day 36]- successful biometrics appt

01/27/11 [day 66]- rec'd interview appt set for March 10th at 10 am :)

02/25/11 [day 95]- rec'd EAD

03/10/11 [day 109]- Interview, Green card approved!! :)

Next Step: Removing conditions in 2 years.

Interesting. In 2010 no one got any emails about interview. I have seen a few lately so I thought it was new. Thanks for the info. :)

I was surprised myself when it happened. We filed for CR-1 visa and I remember that moment like it was yesterday. :) Up until that point we never received any notification of anything except by mail. I was video chatting with my husband online one night and with yahoo I had my e-mail notifications pop up in the corner of my screen. I saw it out of the corner of my eye and went straight to my e-mail. I opened it and started screaming. My husband was like "what is wrong with you" and I told him and we were both screaming & calling family! :) What lovely stress the government puts us through!!!!

I-751 ROC

Mailed Packet: 4/1/11

Packet Delivered @ VSC: 4/4/11 signed for by D. Renaud

NOA1 Dated: 4/5/11

NOA1 Recived Date: 4/11/11

Check Cashed: 4/11/11

Biometrics Appt: 6/17/11

APPROVED!!: 11/25/11

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I wouldn't count on the email. Some people might get it but the majority may not. I will just have someone check your hard copy

7/20/09 - When we met
9/16/09 - When we started dating
1/15/10 - Moved in together
9/3/10 - Marriage
11/10/10 - Filed AOS at Chicago lockbox
11/12/10 - AOS package received
11/17/10 - NOA1
12/27/10 - Biometrics --> canceled due to snow condition
1/18/11 - Advance Parole approved
1/26/11 - Biometrics Completed
1/31/11 - EAD in production
2/7/11 - EAD Recieved
2/18/11 - Applied for SSN
2/28/11 - Received SS Card
8/5/11 - Interview letter mailed
9/8/11 - Interview @9am
9/9/11 - Card Production
9/20/11 - Received Green Card

7/2013 - Submitted Removal of Condition

9/2013 - Biometrics Completed

11/20/2013 - NOA1 - Request for Evidence

12/20/2013 - RFE returned

1/2014 - 10 year green card approved.

Thank you very much, everyone. To summarize your replies, I think email notification from USCIS is not reliable so we still need to count on hard copy mails. This information is very helpful. Thank you again!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.