iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Did the DHL or CSC sites tell you anything last night? Ours didn't, but our visa was only issued on Monday, whereas they told you it would be shipped yesterday.

Mine was issued Monday June 6 and nothing shows up either on CSC or DHL.ca. I called DHL yesterday and they explained that they pick the visas at the consulate during the day and the truck leaves for its destination around 7-8 PM. It's ready for pickup the following morning.

AplusJ : I know how you feel and I hope you get good news soon :)

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats to everyone who has gotten their visas! So exciting :)

I just got off the phone with DOS again and I am so frustrated! Its been almost a month since I was approved at the interview and nothing is happening. The DOS lady said there are no problems that she can see with our case, and that no documents are needed or anything like that, but its just being slow to process. AHHHHHH!! I am so frustrated, i feel like I could just start crying right now.

That is so frustrating! At least they should be able to give you more information on why it is taking so long. If everything is normal they should have done it by now!! Keep us updated.

I recieved an email june 6 (monday)and it says may visa was sent late last week.Till now no waybill number yet.

Wherever it was sent, it had to be there now. I would go to the branch you signed up at. DHL would take a max of two days to get from Dorval to anywhere within this side of Canada

Timeline

Just got an email from dhl with the waybill # !

Right now tracking shows it is in a processing facility in montreal. I guess we'll expect it tomorrow or monday.

Hopefully a bunch of you just got emails as well :)

Our visas must've been in the same pile, I got my waybill number as well!!!! Can't wait for a confirmed delivery and go pick it up :dance:

ROC completed April 2014

Timeline

When did u get your email, im hoping to get one too, just not sure if its too late already

I got the email around 6:50 PM last night. It was first scanned at 6:43 PM.

When I talked to DHL earlier this week, the operator told me the visas are picked up during the day and on the road to the DHL branch by 7 or 8 PM that same day. Mine transited through Dorval and has now reached its destination. CSC website has also update to show the waybill.

I hope you gets yours quickly!

ROC completed April 2014

I got the email around 6:50 PM last night. It was first scanned at 6:43 PM.

When I talked to DHL earlier this week, the operator told me the visas are picked up during the day and on the road to the DHL branch by 7 or 8 PM that same day. Mine transited through Dorval and has now reached its destination. CSC website has also update to show the waybill.

I hope you gets yours quickly!

Guess mine wasn't it that bunch. But urs was done on Monday, mine Wednesday. Did DHL tell u ifnthey pick up every day from mtl?

They said they do pick them up daily.

Awesome! Thanks, here's to hoping mine will be in the next bunch. I need it by Tuesday latest, if not Ill need to change my fiances one way ticket since it's a 48hr min change time,,,,

You must be sooo happy, they've put you through way to much waiting

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our visas must've been in the same pile, I got my waybill number as well!!!! Can't wait for a confirmed delivery and go pick it up :dance:

Congratulations!!good.gif so glad your wait is almost over!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Ours is ready for pickup this morning! We will try to book a flight for tonight. Hopefully everyone else will get theirs soon!

kicking.gif Happy for you!!! Hope you have an easy POE and a safe flight!!biggrin.gif

Edited by S and P

Well, it's Monday so ti e to pump up this thread. As many of you know with my frequent frustrating posts. My k1 was printed last Wednesday....interview was the 25th, Praying that it's in today dhl shipment.

Supposed to pick up haul trailer Wednesday, fiancé flying in Thursday. Leave Friday.

Edited by Sabrinaandmatt

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.