iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I don't think it matters. I chose Montreal because I live here.

Oh okay. I am going to stay Montreal for 3-4 more days after my interview so just thinking to change the location from Toronto to there

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Oh okay. I am going to stay Montreal for 3-4 more days after my interview so just thinking to change the location from Toronto to there

It's been 6 days since my interview and I still don't have the passport back so I wouldn't suggest it.

Timeline

Hi can anyone please tell me what is passport police certificate? I can't find the answer and it's driving me crazy. I have Police clearance certificate from India and Canada.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi can anyone please tell me what is passport police certificate? I can't find the answer and it's driving me crazy. I have Police clearance certificate from India and Canada.

I've never heard of a passport police certificate.

It's a specific police certificate from India. You use your passport to get it because local police in India aren't reliable for police certificates.

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Our interview was September 7th. I got Window 8 and he told me it'll take no more than 8 business days to receive it. It's already Monday and it isn't showing up as "Issued" yet. He gave me an orange slip saying to come try and pick it up tomorrow, hoping to receive it then!!! Fingers crossed

Timeline

Our interview was September 7th. I got Window 8 and he told me it'll take no more than 8 business days to receive it. It's already Monday and it isn't showing up as "Issued" yet. He gave me an orange slip saying to come try and pick it up tomorrow, hoping to receive it then!!! Fingers crossed

How was it? What did they ask? And what does orange slip means? Mine is on 20th

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

How was it? What did they ask? And what does orange slip means? Mine is on 20th

Very easy. We looked over notes for a week straight, to make sure I didn't fumble with any possible question about our story and my fiancé. He asked me 5 questions or so - "What does your fiancé do?", "Where does he live?", "When did you see him last?", "Where did you go to school in the US, what did you study?" That's IT! Took 10 minutes total. Young man, very easy-going and friendly. He did say it was easy for them to process because we had an attorney working alongside us.

The orange slip is to enter the US Consulate again to pick it up early, before they send it off with Canada Post.

Edited by capriwithlove

Timeline

Very easy. We looked over notes for a week straight, to make sure I didn't fumble with any possible question about our story and my fiancé. He asked me 5 questions or so - "What does your fiancé do?", "Where does he live?", "When did you see him last?", "Where did you go to school in the US, what did you study?" That's IT! Took 10 minutes total. Young man, very easy-going and friendly. He did say it was easy for them to process because we had an attorney working alongside us.

The orange slip is to enter the US Consulate again to pick it up early, before they send it off with Canada Post.

Nice. Thanks. I m too nervous right now. Don't know what to do. Still have to put all the documents in order.

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Anywhere from 3-4 days to a few months, depending. Most people get theirs within two weeks or so.

2009/09/30 Married
IR-1 begins: 2015/07/07 Courier I-130 petition to Chicago

2015/07/08 Petition delivered | NOA1 date
2015/07/10 Received emailed NOA1 (California) 2015/07/20 Received snail mail NOA1
2015/08/25 NOA2 by email/USCIS site (48 days) 2015/09/02 Received snail mail NOA2

2015/09/15 Received by NVC (21 days)

2015/09/27 Case number assigned (12 days) 2015/09/28 Got case number and IIN over the phone
2015/09/28 Submitted DS-261 2015/09/29 Paid AOS fee (IN PROCESS) 2015/10/01 AOS fee PAID
2015/10/13 Received NVC Welcome Letter hard copy
2015/10/15 Reviewed DS-261 (17 days)
2015/10/16 Received IV Invoice 2015/10/16 Paid IV fee (IN PROCESS)

2015/10/17 Submitted AOS package & IV package 2015/10/19 IV fee PAID 2015/10/19 Submitted DS-260 (scan date)

2015/10/20 Re-sent files (new scan date) 2015/10/29 CASE COMPLETE!

2015/11/13 Heard about interview date (phone) (15 days) 2015/12/07 Medical

2015/12/18 INTERVIEW! 221(g) request for additional sponsor. Otherwise good to go!

2016/01/07 Additional information and passport sent back to Mtl Consulate.

2016/01/12 Passport & 221g delivered to Consulate

2016/01/14 Status updated on CEAC; no update yet on ais.usvisa-info.com

2016/01/28 Status updated to READY 2016/01/29 Status updated to ISSUED

2016/02/01 Received Canada Post info 2016/02/03 Got it!

2016/02/04 POE YVR

2016/03/18 Received green card

2018/11/08 Submitted N-400 online

2018/11/09 Estimated wait time: 31 Days  2018/11/09 Estimated case completion time: 11 months

2018/11/10 Biometrics appt scheduled 2018/11/13 Appointment letter received online

2018/11/27 Biometrics appt

2019/02/25 Interview scheduled

2019/04/01 Interview: APPROVED

2019/04/23 Oath Ceremony

2020/04/03 Elected to local office

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

Hi, my Visa got approved on Tuesday as well and is since on "AP".

I am actually on B2 to visit my wife's gravely ill father who is probably in his last year.

I got letters and requested expedited service, because I wanted to fly on 28th and pick up my wife and baby.

The lady who interviewed me was very kind and said I am approved, but as far as I could understand her, she did not tell me more about the wait time and my expedite request was accepted.

It makes me a little bit nervous.

I did not get a orange slip :/.

My wife and baby are US Citizens and I am a German Citizen by the way.

Can I call somebody about the expedit request?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.