iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi everyone,

Is there any deadline for sending updated documents such as new medical, new police certificate after consular requested updated documents and passport?

When we were asked for additional documents they said we had a year to send them in. However, the sooner you get it in the better because it takes them 6-8 weeks to process documents.

Sept 4, 2015 - Priority date for I-130
January 29, 2016 - Case Approved
February __, 2016 - Received NOA2
February 17, 2016 - NVC Received Case
February 26, 2016 - Case Number and Invoice # Received (via phone call)
February 26, 2016 - Filed Designation of Agent
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Invoiced
February 29, 2016 - AOS Fee Paid - In Processing
February 29, 2016 - Called NVC Customer Service to Review DS-261
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Invoiced
March 1, 2016 - IV Fee Paid - In Processing
March 2, 2016 - AOS Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - IV Fee Shows Paid
March 3, 2016 - Access DS 260
March 3, 2016 - Submit DS 260
March 4, 2016 - Affidavit of Support to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 4, 2016 - IV Packet to NVC - sent by Mail with IV Packet
March 7, 2016 - AOS and IV Packet Received by NVC (called)
March 14, 2016 - Received email from NVC confirming scan date
March 24, 2016 - Scan Date #2 (sent in missing document before checklist would be issued).
May 2, 2016 - 3 N/As and called to confirm Case Complete at NVC
May 9, 2016 - Received email confirming Case Complete
May 9, 2016 - Called NVC - Interview Scheduled
May 10, 2016 - Received interview confirmation letter
May 11, 2016 - Scheduled Medical Exam
June 16, 2016 - Medical Exam
June 23, 2016 - Interview - Montreal
June 23, 2016 - Put into mandatory AP - we've been "MENA'd". :( Requested CV, all of hubby's engineering research papers, and additional financial proof of relationship.
June 29, 2016 - Mailed requested documents to Montreal Consulate. The waiting begins again.

September 14, 2016 - Consulate requested passport

September 21, 2016 - Mailed passport to Consulate

September 22, 2016 - Passport delivered to US Consulate mail facility

September 26, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

September 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update"

October 5, 2016 - Emailed Consulate to verify receipt of passport and ask about turn around timeline - "will reply within 2 business days"

October 11, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" (likely due to email sent 10/05/2016)

October 27, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" & Received email from Consulate confirming passport was received on 9/26/2016 and to allow 8 weeks for processing.

November 17, 2016 - CEAC shows "update" in the morning - still Administrative Processing.

November 17, 2016 around noon - CEAC shows "ISSUED".

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Mailed in requested documents on 09/23/16, Montreal claims to have received them on 09/29/16. I contacted them via email and they told me I have to give them 8 weeks from receipt of documents to contact them again. How long as everyone else waited for them to touch the requested documents and issue the visa?

Filed: EB-3 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@laughmore- the documents I have sent them was received last august 5 but until now they haven't reviewed my case, it's been almost 3 months passed. They have updated the date on CEAC only to find out that my lawyer emailed them but no response. I dont know how long does this take....

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

@Ronnie28 - Have you tried emailing them at montreal-iv-dv@state.gov? Whenever I've emailed them they have sent a blanket answer which does no one any good. They previously lost documents that were sent to them from USICS and we needed to get an ombudsman involved and then they found them all of a sudden. I do know that if they have not done anything in 4 weeks that I will be involving the ombudsman again and of course my senator. This I just maddening that it takes them so long to do anything with anything. I certainly hope you get some response soon. Best of luck to you on your journey :-)

Timeline

@Ronnie28 - Have you tried emailing them at montreal-iv-dv@state.gov? Whenever I've emailed them they have sent a blanket answer which does no one any good. They previously lost documents that were sent to them from USICS and we needed to get an ombudsman involved and then they found them all of a sudden. I do know that if they have not done anything in 4 weeks that I will be involving the ombudsman again and of course my senator. This I just maddening that it takes them so long to do anything with anything. I certainly hope you get some response soon. Best of luck to you on your journey :-)

Timeline

Hi Everyone - My status changed to Issued today... but it says in the comments that it "is going through necessary administrative processing". What does this mean? Am I going to have to wait endlessly yet again? I've been so traumatized by AP already.

Dont mind about the wordings beneath it. as long as your issued thats what it matters. Congrats! You'll get an email from canada post with tracking number soon.

Edited by ronnie28

Filed: Timeline

Hi Everyone - My status changed to Issued today... but it says in the comments that it "is going through necessary administrative processing". What does this mean? Am I going to have to wait endlessly yet again? I've been so traumatized by AP already.

Hi Ronnie28... your response came through blank... ?

Timeline

I did email them on my 8 week wait but only got an automated response stating that the review process will take 8 weeks. it has been 3 months passed now but no update yet. I hope we'll be out of this hole soon. Thanks!

Edited by ronnie28

Filed: Timeline

Dont mind about the wordings beneath it. as long as your issued thats what it matters. Congrats! You'll get an email from canada post with tracking number soon.

Excellent! Thank you so much Ronnie28 :)

@Adam Smith congratulation, u will get your tracking # tomorrow.

Yaaaay am so happy for u

Thank you so much Lola800 :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.