iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

So I've already posted in a separate thread, but this may be the more appropriate forum: My CEAC status says "Issued" but also

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. As the officer told you in the interview, if further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved when administrative processing is finished, you will receive notification to collect the passport with the visa from the Loomis branch you selected when you booked your appointment.

I just wanted to make sure that this is their standard message and I'm not in some sort of extra AP procedure that will take actually take "several weeks." Did other people get the same message? Interview was on the 5th, and the new status appeared this morning, after having been at "Ready."

So I've already posted in a separate thread, but this may be the more appropriate forum: My CEAC status says "Issued" but also

I just wanted to make sure that this is their standard message and I'm not in some sort of extra AP procedure that will take actually take "several weeks." Did other people get the same message? Interview was on the 5th, and the new status appeared this morning, after having been at "Ready."

Okay, all is good. Status just updated to

Your visa is in final processing. If you have not received it in more than five (5) working days, please go to http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/us_courrier_information to track your courier waybill.

Yay.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

GTA VJers: regarding Loomis pickup location in the GTA

Any advice or opinions on Loomis pickup location to select- Brampton vs Markham? Does Brampton typically receive documents from Montreal earlier than the Markham location for example?

IR1 Visa for spouse, both of us lived in Canada

I-130: Nebraska Service Center- submitted Feb 3,2014, approved July 30, 2014.

NVC received: Aug 22 2014

Case number, IIN available: Sept 3 2014

DS-261 submitted: Sept 3 2014

AOS submitted via email: Sept 5, 2014 (received email receipt from NVS Sept 8)

AOS fee paid: Sept 4 2014

IV documents submitted via email: Sept 15 2014 (received email receipt from NVC Sept 18)

IV fee invoice received and IV fee paid: Oct 2 2014

DS-260 submitted: Oct 5 2014

Case complete Oct 31 (no checklist) Electronic processing; IV package emailed before IV invoice received

Interview scheduled Nov 13, 2014

Interview Dec 17, 2014- denied for proof of domicile- 221G

Jan 30 2015: proof of domicile sent

Feb 5; Feb 19- status updated on CEAC, still says Administrative processing.

March 13, 2015- US citizen spouse moved back to California, sent consulate confirmation that domicile now reestablished.

March 30, 2015 - email from consulate stating that they have adequate proof of domicile, still in AP.

Status updates (without enquiry from anyone): April 27, May 6, May 7, May 13

May 13- Ready

May 14 Issued.

POE May 15, 2015

ELIS fee paid May 30

Green card production ordered July 23

Green card received July 24

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

I have seen cases where the visa has been issued and mailed out the day of the interview, so it's always possible ;)

I had my interview on Nov 10 (Mon) - APPROVED! :dance::dance::dance:

I was hoping to receive my passport back in 1-2 days, but nothing so far after 3 business days. :bonk:

The Montreal Consulate was closed on Tues (Remembrance Day) so that probably screwed me! :dead:

I knew it was going to happen so I tried to request an earlier interview date. :no: Needless to say, I didn't get it. :bonk:

Did you get your passport back? :huh2: I didn't see that you got your passport back in your timeline. :wacko:

Naturalization

N-400 Sent: Aug 22, 2017

NOA: Aug 24, 2017

Biometrics: Sept 22, 2017

Interview: Oct 22, 2018 (Approved)

Oath Ceremony: Oct 23, 2018

Removing Conditions

I-751 Sent: Aug 22, 2016

NOA1: Aug 25, 2016

Biometrics: Oct 12, 2016

I-130 Application

NOA1: Oct 4, 2013

NOA2: Apr 11, 2014

NVC Received: Apr 30

Case Number: May 23

DS-261 / AOS Fee: June 5

AOS Package (Scan): June 16

IV Fee: July 18

IV Package (Scan): July 25

DS-260 Form: July 25

AOS Package (Accepted): July 29

Case Complete: Sept 16

Medical Exam: Oct 16

Interview: Nov 10

Visa Received: Nov 19

POE: Nov 20, 2014

Timeline

Hmm, but in the IV portion, they don't mention 'Printed', but I've heard here people mention that's a status. There's also an 'In Transit' status not mentioned there either for when the case is being shipped from NVC to the consulate/embassy. They may have included these after that list was created, so unless you know of recent K1 cases that never saw 'Printed', then it may apply to K1 applicants as well...

What's the difference between "Printed" and "Issued"? :huh2:

Mine changed to "Issued" on Nov 12 (Wed) - One business day after my interview on Nov 10 (Mon). :thumbs:

Did I mention that I waited for 4 hours at the Montreal Consulate for my interview? :dead:

Maybe fewer people are working at the Montreal Consulate now since many of them took the Remembrance Day weekend off? :bonk:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

What's the difference between "Printed" and "Issued"? :huh2:

Mine changed to "Issued" on Nov 12 (Wed) - One business day after my interview on Nov 10 (Mon). :thumbs:

Did I mention that I waited for 4 hours at the Montreal Consulate for my interview? :dead:

Maybe fewer people are working at the Montreal Consulate now since many of them took the Remembrance Day weekend off? :bonk:

Hmm, I'm not entirely sure (this CEAC system came out way AFTER I was done with the visa process, haha). It may be the same status, or they've re-named it. Check out this link with explanations of CEAC statuses: http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia/check-the-status-of-your-visa-online-ceac-status-check/(make sure you go to the immigrant section).

Also, HUGE congrats by the way on the approval!! And wow, 4 hours? What time did you arrive at the consulate?

Timeline

Also, HUGE congrats by the way on the approval!! And wow, 4 hours? What time did you arrive at the consulate?

My appointment was 9:30am. :star:

I went to the consulate at 7:40am, but the door was still closed so I went to McDonald's for breakfast. :no:

I went back to the consulate at 8:30am (nobody was waiting) so I was able to go up to the 19th floor at 8:35am. :thumbs:

I had my interview at 12:10pm and left the building at 12:30pm so I was there for 4 hours. :dead:

My number was #8 and I was talking to a woman with #15. I'm not sure when she left the building. At 5pm? :rofl:

I have a feeling almost everyone took the Remembrance Day weekend off. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

My appointment was 9:30am. :star:

I went to the consulate at 7:40am, but the door was still closed so I went to McDonald's for breakfast. :no:

I went back to the consulate at 8:30am (nobody was waiting) so I was able to go up to the 19th floor at 8:35am. :thumbs:

I had my interview at 12:10pm and left the building at 12:30pm so I was there for 4 hours. :dead:

My number was #8 and I was talking to a woman with #15. I'm not sure when she left the building. At 5pm? :rofl:

I have a feeling almost everyone took the Remembrance Day weekend off. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

Ah, that was your issue. If you want to be in and out of the consulate within an hour or two, you need to arrive there before 7am and get in line before they open the doors around 7:30am. I was the first person in line a little before 6:30am and didn't see anyone else for about 30 minutes. I was out of the consulate before 9am, and would have been faster, but there were issues with my fingerprints, so I had to wait to re-do them, otherwise I probably could have left at like 8:30am.

Timeline

Ah, that was your issue. If you want to be in and out of the consulate within an hour or two, you need to arrive there before 7am and get in line before they open the doors around 7:30am. I was the first person in line a little before 6:30am and didn't see anyone else for about 30 minutes. I was out of the consulate before 9am, and would have been faster, but there were issues with my fingerprints, so I had to wait to re-do them, otherwise I probably could have left at like 8:30am.

I'm not sure if you can enter the building at 7:30am if your appointment is 9:30am. :wacko:

I've heard that some people were told to come back because they showed up more than one hour earlier. :dead:

Well, the consulate wasn't even open at 7:40am so I don't even know when they opened the door. :content:

I'm patiently waiting for the visa! :no: OMG! It's been a LONG weekend! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

It's ironic that the nightmare still continues after getting approved at the interview! :dead::dead::dead:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

I'm not sure if you can enter the building at 7:30am if your appointment is 9:30am. :wacko:

I've heard that some people were told to come back because they showed up more than one hour earlier. :dead:

Well, the consulate wasn't even open at 7:40am so I don't even know when they opened the door. :content:

I'm patiently waiting for the visa! :no: OMG! It's been a LONG weekend! :bonk::bonk::bonk:

It's ironic that the nightmare still continues after getting approved at the interview! :dead::dead::dead:

I thought sometimes only those with afternoon appointments couldn't get in right away. I would think you would have been able to get in with just a 9:30 appointment. Oh well. How long was the line at 7:40 when you got there?

Haha, hopefully you get it this week! Good luck :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I believe it was more of an Issue with Vancouver--regarding timings of interviews

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I thought sometimes only those with afternoon appointments couldn't get in right away. I would think you would have been able to get in with just a 9:30 appointment. Oh well. How long was the line at 7:40 when you got there?

Haha, hopefully you get it this week! Good luck :)

There were only four people waiting outside of the consulate at 7:40am. :content:

I could have waited there, but I did't want to take a chance of being told to come back. -_-

Plus, I was super hungry so I had to go to McDonald's for breakfast and coffee. :rofl:

I really hope I get the visa on Monday or Tuesday. :star:

Since I haven't received any email, I don't think I'll be receiving the visa on Monday. :bonk:

I believe it was more of an Issue with Vancouver--regarding timings of interviews

As far as I know, it takes only one day via express no matter where you are in Canada. :whistle:

Naturalization

Removing Conditions

I-130 Application

There were only four people waiting outside of the consulate at 7:40am. :content:

I could have waited there, but I did't want to take a chance of being told to come back. -_-

Plus, I was super hungry so I had to go to McDonald's for breakfast and coffee. :rofl:

Since I haven't received any email, I don't think I'll be receiving the visa on Monday. :bonk:

[....]

:wow: Not a long line at all. For mine, there was like 20+ people by the time the doors opened. Maybe people were waiting nearby inside, instead of waiting out in the cold?

And I don't know how you managed to eat anything the morning of. I felt so nauseous for my interview that I didn't eat anything at all until afterwards.

And hey, you never know. They could have mailed it out late last week and you don't even know it!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

As far as I know, it takes only one day via express no matter where you are in Canada. :whistle:

I was talking about showing up early for the interview..........and it can take awhile to get the successful visa pkg back..yes it may take 1 day to get it-----but it all depends how fast they mail it out. Can sit on a desk for awhile

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

I remember my interview day fondly. :) I got to meet Saylin. :D We went to Tim Hortons. I think I was there at 6:15 and another VJ member was there at 6am LOL

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.