Mrs.Spice

AOS interview- If ur legit, DON'T SWEAT IT!

7 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys,

First off I just want to say thank you for all the info provided on this forum. I started the AOS process like a headless chicken but from the minute I discovered this site I got all the answers I needed and was able to get it all together and never receive an rfe. So thanks again.

So about my interview, I'm still trying to recover from how incredibly painless it was. Oh my God, I was a total mess in the weeks leading up to it because I was worried about the fact that my husband and I began living together one month after meeting and two months later had a civil wedding ceremony and two months later filed for AOS. Everything happened so quickly, and although we knew our relationship was bonafide, I felt like we had not accumulated enough evidence and the timeline was a red-flag magnet. Not to mention I entered the US on a B2 visa. Yes, I was preparing for a very nightmarish, nerve-wracking, panty-pissin' interview...sorry, I admit that was gross lol.

We had tons of pics from many different locations especially at family gatherings cuz I'm a picture-taking maniac but nothing else really. My ssn number came up as invalid when we tried to open an account together in February, and we were told to give it a "few weeks to kick in", so we shelved pursuing anything that required it such as adding me to his health insurance and lease (Or whatever you call that thing that says he owns his house). Anyway, the point is we had no hard evidence...just pics...and yet the interviewer did not ask us one single question about our relationship or background or anything!

We took the oath...he went through the forms and asked us to verify a number of things like birthdays and engagement dates, looked at previous pics we submitted and said when he watched them earlier he thought it was hiarious we painted the house bright green (WHO DOESN'T! lol), took my I-94 out of my passport and returned it unstamped, told us about filing the I-751 in two years and just about shoved us out of his office! Either he was still on cloud nine from getting laid by a stripper the night before or was dying to go to lunch!

I was so shocked. I mean, I stayed up all night making copies of every single doc we had submitted initially and in the end didn't need a thing. The lesson I learnt and the lesson I want to share with those of you with upcoming interviews who may have the same fear of worrying about timelines and evidence is as long as you're bonafide, all will be fine. Seriously. Don't worry about the imperfections. My husband and I have great chemistry and the interviewer saw that from the start. He realised all the "hows" and "whys" about the relationship really didn't matter. So if ur legit, don't sweat it. Period.

I'm really busy now putting other things in place like my DL but if anyone has a question about filing or anything feel free to inbox me. Peace out.

post-95199-0-02109900-1301124481_thumb.jpg

Aug 23 2010 - Married

Oct 21 - Filed I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130

Oct 22 - (Day 1) Application received

Oct 28 - (Day 7) NOA emails for I-485, I-765 and I-131

Nov 2 - (Day 12) NOA hard copies in the mail

Nov 12 - (Day 22) Biometrics letter in the mail- Appointment for December 3rd

Nov 18 - (Day 28) Successful biometrics walk-in

Nov 19 - (Day 29) Touches on I-485 and I-765

Jan 12 - (Day 73) Work permit received

Jan 13 - (Day 74) Advance Parole received

Jan 14 - (Day 75) Applied for SSN

Jan 17 - (Day 78) Social security card received

Mar 17 - (Day 140) Interview@ 10am...text notifying of approval and GC production at noon.

Mar 21 - (Day 144) Welcome letter received

Mar 25 - (Day 148) Green card received! 5 months of stress over.

Mar 29 - Wells Fargo Teller Group Interview (Found out later that day I was selected for 1:1 interview)

Apr 6 - Wells Fargo 1:1 interview

Apr 7 - I GOT THE JOB! So hyped...I feel alive again :)

! Either he was still on cloud nine from getting laid by a stripper the night before or was dying to go to lunch!

:rofl: Congrats Mrs.Spice! Nothing wrong with your green house, I like it.

AOS Journey

11-04-2011 sent AOS to Chicago lockbox

11-07-2011 delivered

11-08-2011 Date on text messages but did not receive until 11-22-2011

11-23-2011 Check cashed.

11-25-2011 Hard copies of NOA1s

12-06-2012 Pui's Brother unexpectly passes away and we make an info pass appointment and receive an emergancy AP so she can return home. Pui leaves for Thailand for 2 weeks.

12-06-2012 Get a text message and email that she received an RFE

12-12-2012 RFE for original birth certificate. I swear we sent it along with a certificate translation of it.

12-20-2012 Pui returns from Thailand.

12-21-2012 We send the RFE back for with original birth certificate along with a new certificate of translation(I had to wait for her to return for her to sign)

12-26-2012 text and email they have received the RFE.

12-29-2012 Appointment for biometrics is 01-23-2012

01-13-2012 AP is approved.

01-23-2012 Biometrics appointment. Later during the evening the text and email saying the EAD is approved.

01-31-2012 EAD/AP combo card arrives.

05-22-2012 Email and text card is in production!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

goood things for you congrats good.gif

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

:rofl: Congrats Mrs.Spice! Nothing wrong with your green house, I like it.

Congrats Mrs Spice, am a labor right too :rofl: love the green house . That is so true if your marriage is legit and god :innocent: is in your vessel then your ship cannot sink.

Timeline

Thank you guys!! :-)

Aug 23 2010 - Married

Oct 21 - Filed I-485, I-765, I-131 and I-130

Oct 22 - (Day 1) Application received

Oct 28 - (Day 7) NOA emails for I-485, I-765 and I-131

Nov 2 - (Day 12) NOA hard copies in the mail

Nov 12 - (Day 22) Biometrics letter in the mail- Appointment for December 3rd

Nov 18 - (Day 28) Successful biometrics walk-in

Nov 19 - (Day 29) Touches on I-485 and I-765

Jan 12 - (Day 73) Work permit received

Jan 13 - (Day 74) Advance Parole received

Jan 14 - (Day 75) Applied for SSN

Jan 17 - (Day 78) Social security card received

Mar 17 - (Day 140) Interview@ 10am...text notifying of approval and GC production at noon.

Mar 21 - (Day 144) Welcome letter received

Mar 25 - (Day 148) Green card received! 5 months of stress over.

Mar 29 - Wells Fargo Teller Group Interview (Found out later that day I was selected for 1:1 interview)

Apr 6 - Wells Fargo 1:1 interview

Apr 7 - I GOT THE JOB! So hyped...I feel alive again :)

Moving to:

*** AOS Work, Student and Visitor Visa-a better fit for your adjustment***

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.