44 posts in this topic

Just had to write a post for those people who constantly complain about the new filers posting and venting. I hope all filers receive their NOA2's as fast as possible. I feel bad for the cases that have been waiting for 5,6 or even 7 months without so much as a touch. Just because new filers haven't waited as long does not mean they do not feel the same frustration as those who have waited longer. No matter when you filed, you should be able to post your thoughts or frustrations without some jerk telling you that you have no right to be frustrated because you have not been waiting as long as he has. This is no competition and I am sure all of us are prepared to wait as long as we need to. Unfortunately we are all at the mercy of our assigned service centers. Next time you read the post of a new filer, try to give them a break and realize that we are all apart from the ones we love.

Thank you, they are total JERKS!.....Some of them when you ask for a comment or vent your feelings, they are quick to chastise and judge you!.... :angry:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I know some posts can stir the pot, but it is takes less energy to close the post rather than telling someone they do not have the right to comment because they have not waited as long. Who decides what is long enough? You, me? The only thing I am saying is that no one should bring grief to someone for venting to people who understand about being apart. For some people, 24 hours seems like a month and others are much more patient. The bottem line is we are all playing this waiting game together. No need to make it worse for anyone, not even the new filers. If someone can get their NOA2 before me than so be it. May yours be the next approval!

Wally & Malena

Our TimeLine

08/04/2010 In Love and starting the process

10/21/2010 My first trip to Brazil, Wonderful time

11/15/2010 Sent application for K1

11/22/2010 Application received Vermont Service Center

11/24/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil. Just cannot stay away for too long

12/01/2010 Recieved NOA1 The countdown begins

12/30/2010 Back on a plane to Brazil--Spending New Years Eve with my baby :)

05/09/2011 Received NOA2

05/12/2011 NOA2 Hardcopy received

05/17/2011 NVC Received file

05/19/2011 Consulate Received

06/14/2011 Interview-----APPROVED

06/22/2011 POE Aruba, on the way to Washington DC

as1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA.gif

http://www.ticker.7910.org/dtas1cJQm0g410510MDAwNDZsfDAwOTAxNGx8U2luY2UgVmlzYSBBcHByb3ZhbA

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

The only persons that piss me off, are those who filed in December and January, who already complain about the wait and who say omg someone of November got approved, we are Next !

Get real people !!

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Timeline

The only persons that piss me off, are those who filed in December and January, who already complain about the wait and who say omg someone of November got approved, we are Next !

Get real people !!

^this.

This whole process is like roulette....it's rediculous.

Timeline

I don't care how long you've waited, if you are upset with the wait time you can and should make it known. This is coming from a six monther. I am only more upset now than when I started. The situation is not good. When I filed they were pumping them out in 3-4 months. They got stuck on July forever and now here I am at 6 months! Just around Christmas we tried to get my fiancee a Visitors Visa and they turned her down because of the K-1 process we are in. All the newbies should join the #K1Vermonters twitter movement and start making some noise. I have said since about the second month that this is an unacceptable system. Is it because I have the American grit in me that wants things done better, faster, NOW!? Probably. My generation is definitely used to things that work and work fast. The USCIS should be hearing it from every end, but they seem to have no boss.

Newbies and oldies alike, if you are frustrated, please make it known. If you are ok with being separated and put through this incredibly insane process, please keep to yourself.

Good luck to all, I hope we all see NOA-2's much quicker.

09/21/10 - I-129F Sent!

09/23/10 - I-129F Received in Dallas, TX

09/28/10 - Text & E-mail NOA1 (It was at 12:44AM, weird) Notification that our case was transferred to VSC.

09/29/10 - Check cashed

09/30/10 - NOA-1 Hard Copy dated Sep. 27, 2010

10/03/10 - TOUCH!

After numerous calls to USCIS, my two Texas Senators and a Congressman, the latter got an "expedite" put through (if you can call a month and a week after ONPT an expedite). Just never let up! Even though mine took way too long, there were people who were a month before me and waited longer because they just sat back and watched. "The squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

03/31/11 - NOA-2!

04/05/11 - Received NOA-2 hard copy.

04/07/11 - NVC Received

04/12/11 - Case left NVC via DHL

04/14/11 - Consulate Received Hard Copy of Case

event.png

Filed: Timeline

I talked to a uscis costumer service yesterday because I hit my 5 month mark. They told me that alot of what they do up there to work on your case is handled by other agencies, like FBI clearance ect, ect. He said that alot of different factors play a role in someone's timeline when it comes to getting approved. Like how common is there name, also how booked up those agencies are. He may have been throwing me some BS, but I doubt it. I am a paramedic for EMSA which is tulsa's 911 ambulance service. When I roll up on a car wreck with multiple patients that are critical I can get some what flustered trying to help the ones I can. But what flusters me the most about those patients is their paperwork I have to do on them, because each patient presents differently. I hate paperwork, and after talking to that service rep, I can understand how flustered those officers must be with all the different people's paperwork they are working on. I miss my fiancé like crazy, but I know we are eventually going to be together. Like someone said on a post the other day, the longer the wait only builds more evidence for the interview. There is always a light at the end of the tunnel, you might not be able to see it yet, but at least you are in the tunnel moving forward. Your Noa1 was the start of that tunnel. I would rather be in my position now, than back in sept when I haven't even turned in my paperwork yet.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Macedonia
Timeline

Get real people !!

Well, im a December filer and i dont think its right to be pissed off by us. I have never read anyone offending another person here just by their complaint.. So we complain --- we are only humans, some of us are more patient, some of us arent. If you cant read people complaining, then dont open those posts. Its normal, and for someone who is already in this process you should know how much this process can affect both the mental and the emotional state of everyone here. People here try to find comfort and understanding, so lets give that one to another?!?

Should i be pissed off at January and February filers who are being inpatient and want their second noa next Monday? No, actually quite opposite, i wish them all the luck. And i say that with my heart and mind open. Just because i may get stuck in this process, wont make me be angry with others who may be luckier then us.

Good luck people, to all of us .... september, or october or november or december or january, february, march..... and those yet to come.

:)

Energizer Bunny arrested, charged with battery !!!

Gjo3p2.png

Timeline

I don't care how long you've waited, if you are upset with the wait time you can and should make it known. This is coming from a six monther. I am only more upset now than when I started. The situation is not good. When I filed they were pumping them out in 3-4 months. They got stuck on July forever and now here I am at 6 months! Just around Christmas we tried to get my fiancee a Visitors Visa and they turned her down because of the K-1 process we are in. All the newbies should join the #K1Vermonters twitter movement and start making some noise. I have said since about the second month that this is an unacceptable system. Is it because I have the American grit in me that wants things done better, faster, NOW!? Probably. My generation is definitely used to things that work and work fast. The USCIS should be hearing it from every end, but they seem to have no boss.

Newbies and oldies alike, if you are frustrated, please make it known. If you are ok with being separated and put through this incredibly insane process, please keep to yourself.

Good luck to all, I hope we all see NOA-2's much quicker.

Fotochinho, Why i dont see many people tweeting? I try to do it every chance possible. So does my fiance. But i think we need more noise then this. We need help from everyone here.

Any suggestions?

Gjo3p2.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

It is because you guys arent even really OUT of your Time yet. You shouldnt be getting all hyped up by us nervewreckers, who actually DID cross the line. You start Complaining before it is appropriate.

Everyone is in need and wanting a fast NOA 2. But All when time comes for the appropriate Filing Frame !

09-13-10 got engaged <3

09-28-10 Sent I129-F Express

09-29-10 Delivered to Lewisville,TX but forwarded to Dallas

09-30-10 Delivered and Signed in Person in DALLAS

10-05-10 NOA 1

10-08-10 touched

10-11-10 touched

04-13-10 NOA 2 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

04-14-10 MEDICAL

Timeline

It is because you guys arent even really OUT of your Time yet. You shouldnt be getting all hyped up by us nervewreckers, who actually DID cross the line. You start Complaining before it is appropriate.

Everyone is in need and wanting a fast NOA 2. But All when time comes for the appropriate Filing Frame !

But as you can see for yourself, there is no appropriate time. Some people who filed in February already got their Noa 2, so should we be angry with them or someone else just because they were better luck then the rest of us?? No! We are all here for one purpose, to help each other through out this painful and hard process. So, we should wish them good luck on the rest of the journey and perhaps better luck for the rest who are still waiting. I, for example, am aware of how long it will probably take for me to be together with my fiance, but i wont be angry if someone who filed after us would complain. I would try to understand them. Maybe encourage them and let them know that this is not such a quick process. Many people when they apply for K1 visa, think "yeah, its a 5-6 months waiting time, but can it be really that much? Nah, its probably just the high time frame." I admit, that we were like that when it started. We were so pumped up with hope and we thought that even though its 6 month waiting, we may be lucky and get it in 3-4 months. As we spent more time among VJ members, people with more experience, we learned that things dont go so smooth, specially in Vermont.

We shouldnt be angry with each other .... we should help and try to understand. Those who have more experience, should help those who are new in this, and give hope. That is why we joined VJ, to seek help, and thank God, we came to the right place. People here were so wonderful and helped us with the K1 package.

Im grateful.

Lets not judge on who did what ... i think we should unite and help each other in any way we can. Maybe im idealistic in that thought, but we are all more or less in the same "mess" here, so .... lets be more supportive?

I really hope that you get your noa 2 as soon as possible. Cause right now, im learning patience, and its one hard lesson to learn, i admit that :( I cant imagine how you must feel, so i really hope and wish your noa 2 comes very soon.

Good luck to everyone here :) now how about that tweeting? ;)

Edited by Sassha

Gjo3p2.png

This is actually my second time around for an immigration process. I think everyone is fully aware of how long it takes but as it's been said we are human and we do miss our loved ones. I've learned not to complain because it doesnt do any good anyhow :) The reality of it is we are ALL waiting and just because you filed before someone else doesn't mean you can't be frustrated with the process. We are at the mercy of other people and that is a fact. It was suggested by many people in previous posts that you find something to do besides think about immigration. It will drive you crazy and lets face it piss you off because that's all you have on your mind. I miss my husband, do I want him here of course but at the end of the day we know that this wait is going to be well worth it. Don't get all high and mighty on someone because they haven't waited as long as you. It still hurts being apartm 1 day...1 wk....1 yr. The people who have been waiting 9-12 months might think you 6 monthers are a bunch of babies for crying about being a month past your date. So try keeping it in perspective.

10-16-2010 Married

03-17-2011 I-130 sent

03-19-2011 I-130 received

03-23-2011 NOA1

03-25-2011 Touch

06-16-2011 NOA2

07-18-2011 NVC Received

07-19-2011 Emailed DS 3032

07-29-2011 Emailed DS 3032 AGAIN-still no response

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Generated

08-03-2011 AOS Bill Paid

08-03-2011 Emailed DS 3032 Yet Again!!!

08-05-2011 Mailed AOS packet

08-08-2011 AOS packet delivered

08-08-2011 DS 3232 accepted

08-09-2011 IV Bill Generated/Paid

08-10-2011 IV marked PAID

08-10-2011 IV packet Mailed

08-11-2011 IV packet delivered

08-16-2011 AOS package processed

08-22-2011 IV packet processed

08-22-2011 SIF/Case Closed

08-25-2011 Interview date received

10-13-2011 Interview-APPROVED

l198oyeua.png

d1emrulw6.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.