Szilvia74

Did anyone have to wait 120 days until decision?

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Hungary
Timeline

I had my interview Jan 10 and I am still waiting for a decision (I had some minor tax issues). My worry is this: 120 days from the interview is May 10. We sold our house. We plan a vacation, and then move to another state as of June 1. So if they wait out the 120 days I only have 21 days to have my oath. If not I guess I have to go through the whole hassle again in another state. Does anyone have any experience with this and also what happens if I never receive an answer? I heard that I can sue the USCIS. But I won't have the time!

Hi there,

My case went over a year without a decision from the USCIS. I had to sue them to have them adjudicate my case. After I filled for the mandamus petition I have been approved in less than 3 weeks. Good Luck and please do not give up.

Timeline

Thank you for your reply. WOW our case dragged on long.

Have you ever made, and gone to, an infopass appointment?

Hi there,

My case went over a year without a decision from the USCIS. I had to sue them to have them adjudicate my case. After I filled for the mandamus petition I have been approved in less than 3 weeks. Good Luck and please do not give up.

Timeline

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I cannot make my and my husband's life about waiting for a decision and not going anywhere because of that. I may just have to rethink if I really want the citizenship, and re-apply in my new state of residence.

I try an infopass appointment though...

Timeline

I meant go thorough with possible re-interviewing in my new state of residence.

Thanks a lot for sharing this. I cannot make my and my husband's life about waiting for a decision and not going anywhere because of that. I may just have to rethink if I really want the citizenship, and re-apply in my new state of residence.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Your husband can still travel wherever he pleases around the world, he doesn't have to be a USC, the only thing that affecting you both right now is the fact that he cannot vote, other than that its a load of stress over absolutely nothing.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Went to more than 7 infopasses and they kept telling me:"your case is under review" with no other details until I decided to sue them.

Did you get it? your citizenship

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thank you for your reply. WOW our case dragged on long.

Have you ever made, and gone to, an infopass appointment?

Calling my senators office always worked for us, three time our applications were misplaced, this last time, my senator was not re-elected with charges against my stepdaughter for battery assault and a drivers' license suspension. My old senator got me in contact with the other one.

Time frame, stepkid had her interview five weeks ago, four weeks ago got the chargers, three weeks ago, finally made verbal contact with the other senator, two weeks ago, got her oath letter, yesterday, my stepdaughter received her certificate.

Type in, know your senator on google, then your zip code, search his/her sites for immigration services, get the contact numbers and call. I made the initial call for my stepdaughter, gave all of her information, they wanted to talk directly with her, gave them her cell phone number. She was contacted the next day, but they already acted on her case, was a miscommunication.

Believe me, I know the stress you are going through.

Timeline

I actually went to an into-pass appointment today and the guy was very nice. He told me that my file first went from the officer to the supervisor and the supervisor realized that the officer made a mistake (I can safely assume what it was) and so he sent it back to the officer and then the paperwork went back to the supervisor (last Friday). Now it will take probably 8 more weeks... At least I know what's going on!

I know who my senator is :)) My husband actually have had contact with her via work. I don't know maybe it is worth to make that call to the senator to speed things up!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I actually went to an into-pass appointment today and the guy was very nice. He told me that my file first went from the officer to the supervisor and the supervisor realized that the officer made a mistake (I can safely assume what it was) and so he sent it back to the officer and then the paperwork went back to the supervisor (last Friday). Now it will take probably 8 more weeks... At least I know what's going on!

I know who my senator is :)) My husband actually have had contact with her via work. I don't know maybe it is worth to make that call to the senator to speed things up!

:thumbs:

بســــم اللـــــه الــــرحمـن الــــرحــــيم

My N-400 timeline, I hope it will help - Local Office (Chula Vista Field Office - San Diego)

10/01/2010: Application was sent.

10/04/2010: Application was received.

10/06/2010: Email received "Application has been received" & Noticed Date.

10/07/2010: "Touch"

10/08/2010: "Touch" & Check was Cashed

10/09/2010: NOA1 Received via mail.

10/22/2010: Status Changed Online "Request for evidence" It was for Biometrics.

10/25/2010: Request for evidence recieved "Biometrics Notice".

11/18/2010: Biometrics date ==> 11:00AM. Biometrics was taken On time.

12/03/2010: "Yellow Letter" Received.

12/06/2010: "Touch" Case Moved to "Testing and Interview".

12/08/2010: Interview Letter received via mail.

01/13/2011: Interview Date. Done, " Thanks To ALLAH, I Passed the Test.

01/18/2011: Oath Letter was Sent.

01/20/2011: Oath Letter Recieved via mail.

01/28/2011: Oath Date. ==> Done, I am a U.S. Citizen

01/31/2011: Applied for a U.S. Passport Book, And, U.S. Passport Card.

02/25/2011: Passport Book's Received.

02/26/2011: Passport Card's Received.

02/28/2011: Certificate Of Naturalization's Returned.

Game Over.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.