AndyMaria

Vaccination Records for UK medical

8 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi there!

I have received my NOA2 and I am waiting for my 'Packet 3'. I am trying to get all of my stuff ready but I am a little concerned about the Medical. About a year ago my GP removed me from their practice as I had moved outside of their catchment zone. As I was commuting to London from Leicester and away from 6am to 6pm each week day, I never got around to registering with a new GP. I rang my former GP today to ask if they would have my Vaccination records so that I could book my Medical, but they said that they did not have any records on their systems, and no longer had any of my paperwork. Is this likely to cause me an issue?

I have never been a poorly person, and never had any major illness or hospital visits, and haven't had any vaccinations since I was at school (I'm now 29). Can I just go to the Medical without any of this information, or am I going to have to try and find a new GP for the 3 months I plan to still be in the UK?

Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

The two major vaccinations you need is the Td/Tdap, and the MMR (for your age group).

See requirements here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/unitedkingdom/39181/pdfs/vaccinechart.pdf

I believe that vaccinations aren't strictly required at the time of the K-1 visa, but you need them for the AOS.

If you do not get them now, you will HAVE to get them in the U.S.

Many people in the UK get them done by their GP to save them money.

You can also get them done /at / the medical, but they are quite expensive.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

My fiancee was able to get revaccinated in a a series of four appointments every two weeks. He went to an NHS Doctor. It is my understanding that all UK medical records after 2001 are computerized, so the new GP may be able to get them. Oddly, now since getting them redone, his paper records have been found. I guess he's extra covered!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

I have never been a poorly person, and never had any major illness or hospital visits, and haven't had any vaccinations since I was at school (I'm now 29). Can I just go to the Medical without any of this information, or am I going to have to try and find a new GP for the 3 months I plan to still be in the UK?Thank you for any assistance you can provide.

Yes, you can go without the information. I too had not had any vaccinations since I was at school and so at the medical when they asked me if I had my vaccination records I just said they are all out of date and she said that was fine. You would only need the records to prove that you did not require the shots. As TwoCats said it's just those 2 shots you need and they offer them at the medical. I declined and said I would go to my GP. They are cool with that, all they do is remind you that you need to have them done for the AOS.

adu7iqzpc.png

You don't need to do anything. However, it is cheaper and simpler to get the vaccinations done in the UK by a GP so if you are able to find a new GP it would probably be beneficial in the long run, but you certainly don't have to :-) Your records should have been sent to the local NHS HQ, but for some reason everyone seems to have way more trouble dealing with their doctors than I ever experienced lol.

You don't need medical records unless you have a condition needing further explaining by your doctor. Answer "no" to every illness on the questionnaire and you're done. Your shots are out of date, so no need for those records either.

IF you get the required shots BEFORE your medical exam or at the exam, then you are good to go for AOS and don't have to pay a civil surgeon to copy your list to an I-693. Finding one who doesn't try to make you pay $$$ for a new exam, TB test, and shots is harder than you imagine. You can avoid that by having all shots recorded by Knightsbridge. If you go to a GP after your exam for the shots, then you must pay a civil surgeon in the US to copy the record, so no point doing after except the shots may be free. Best is get free shots before.

You don't need to have a whole series of shots if, for example, there were 3 doses reccommended some weeks apart. The first of the series satisfies immigration. It may not satisfy a US civil surgeon who may say you're due dose 2 or 3 and make you get them before he signs off. Another good reason to do it before your visa exam and thus skip the civil surgeon.

Below copied from my UK K1 help document---

Immunizations Adults will need (within the last 10 years):

MMR – Mumps, Measles, Rubella (if born in 1957 or later)

Tdap or Td – Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (whooping cough)

USCIS will okay your AOS if you get Td or Tdap or DT or DTP or DtaP. The difference is the strength of the immunization and the combination. D (big dose for diphtheria), d (little dose for diphtheria). The adult versions are Tdap and Td, but you may not be able to find those in the UK, so try for one of the others. Td is a booster without the pertussis (whooping cough) part. You’re ok with that one too.

Varicella – chickenpox If you had chickenpox, you don’t need the shot. They take your word for it.

Influenza – during flu season Oct 1 – Mar 31 for ages over 6 months. New rule in Nov. 2010, so it’s not just for over 50s anymore. If you will be mailing your AOS between April 31 and Sept 30 (not flu season), the flu shot will be excused by USCIS since they received it when it wasn’t required. If you mail AOS during flu season, but your visa exam wasn’t flu season, it will also be excused because it wasn’t required at the time of the medical exam.

England.gifENGLAND ---

K-1 Timeline 4 months, 19 days 03-10-08 VSC to 7-29-08 Interview London

10-05-08 Married

AOS Timeline 5 months, 14 days 10-9-08 to 3-23-09 No interview

Removing Conditions Timeline 5 months, 20 days12-27-10 to 06-10-11 No interview

Citizenship Timeline 3 months, 26 days 12-31-11 Dallas to 4-26-12 Interview Houston

05-16-12 Oath ceremony

The journey from Fiancé to US citizenship:

4 years, 2 months, 6 days

243 pages of forms/documents submitted

No RFEs

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

moving thread to:

US Embassy and Consulate Discussion

This is the place to post your experiences or questions related to this last step before moving to the US. Topics relating to I-134's, packets sent from consulate and medical & police certificates should be posted here.

YMMV

Timeline

I have one question regarding the vaccinations although i know they aren't required for a K1 visa after going to my GP and being told no they won't give me the vaccinations is there any other place i could go to get the vaccinations done in advance.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.