rek pooh

How important are multiple visits?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

We have seen a few instances where Morocco issued a visa the day after the interview, but they are not that common (even with female beneficiaries.) Usually, it's considered pretty good if a person has their visa in hand within a few days or even a week. But often there is a longer waiting period - it may be because of additional processing, or maybe the consulate is just moving slow. The time frame can depend on any number of reasons. Some have waited weeks or even months.

So definitely don't book the flight or the wedding hall, or sell the car, until visa is safely in hand.

And as was also pointed out, even though a lot of people are climbing the walls while waiting to receive their visa, they're often not ready to jump on a plane the very next day. Many need some time to say goodbye to family and friends, wrap up their personal affairs - maybe even have a goodbye party. My husband needed a week, and that was very quick. It's not uncommon to need a month or more. Sometimes, the reality of leaving your country doesn't sink in until you see that visa - then you start remembering all sorts of things you really want to do before going.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Rarely do they issue visas that fast.

not rarely , its normally

for marriage visa , k1 visa , and lottery , they get yes or no right in the interview and they get visa next day or after 48 hours in Normal cases , unless you have to bring extra papers or something like that .

California Service Center I-751

VJName...........Date of I-751......NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

for marriage visa , k1 visa , and lottery , they get yes or no right in the interview and they get visa next day or after 48 hours in Normal cases , unless you have to bring extra papers or something like that .

I'm sorry, but in what alternate reality does this happen? I can count on my hand the number of visas from Casa that have been issued in 48 hours that we've seen here on this board.

And I definitely don't have enough fingers to count the number of times people have had to wait weeks, or even months.

Edited by UmmSqueakster

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

That may have been your experience, but it's risky to generalize your experience into what "normally" happens. Many people on here didn't get the yes or no right in the interview, had to go back for second and sometimes third interviews and didn't get their visas within 48 hours when they were approved.

Timeline

I'm sorry, but in what alternate reality does this happen? I can count on my hand the number of visas from Casa that have been issued in 48 hours that we've seen here on this board.

And I definitely don't have enough fingers to count the number of times people have had to wait weeks, or even months.

sorry I have the opposite experience than you , and each one see things from his experience , i can count many many girls i know , they got their visa next day or after 48 hours , they got cr1 , ir1 , k3 , k1 , lottery for green card ....etc and i never heard of waiting a week , except from this topic , also when i went to the interview all the girls with me took their visa after 48 hour even an old woman was filing for other type of immigrant visa ( not marriage visa ) she got it that fast .

Right every case is a special case but we hope she get it in 48 hours! who knows just keep hope

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

sorry I have the opposite experience than you , and each one see things from his experience , i can count many many girls i know , they got their visa next day or after 48 hours , they got cr1 , ir1 , k3 , k1 , lottery for green card ....etc and i never heard of waiting a week , except from this topic , also when i went to the interview all the girls with me took their visa after 48 hour even an old woman was filing for other type of immigrant visa ( not marriage visa ) she got it that fast .

Right every case is a special case but we hope she get it in 48 hours! who knows just keep hope

your experience is not the norm for all the years I have witnessed of anecdotal evidence posted on visajourney. "Normal" for MENA beneficiaries includes some post-interview processing.

Edited by LaL

Timeline

That may have been your experience, but it's risky to generalize your experience into what "normally" happens. Many people on here didn't get the yes or no right in the interview, had to go back for second and sometimes third interviews and didn't get their visas within 48 hours when they were approved.

not only my experience but as i said i am talking about Normal processes

Timeline

You were very lucky. Count your blessings. But it is irresponsible to tell others that they can count on being just as lucky - that your luck was "normal." I used to track interview-to-visa timelines for MENA - you can see for yourself how many cases we've seen go through Morocco, and how long it took for them to get their visas:

Visas in Hand

Turnaround within a day or two is VERY rare. Most wait a week or more, and in some cases even months.

Note: if there is no length of time listed for the wait, it's because no data was available.

Edited by wife_of_mahmoud

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

not only my experience but as i said i am talking about Normal processes

Right. Normal processing for places like UK and Canada, etc. It is part of the standard workflow for MENA beneficiaries to undergo this post-processing. Look up "list of 26" countries and US visa. If a name hit is not found - or other processing not needed - yes, a visa can be received in 24-48 hours. It is not the norm though for MENA. It almost sounds like you are suggesting that the cases that had extra processing (as in no additional paperwork necessary) did something wrong, or what have you.

Timeline

your experience is not the norm for all the years I have witnessed of anecdotal evidence posted on visajourney. "Normal" for MENA beneficiaries includes some post-interview processing.

yeah ok , my experience is about women beneficiaries and men with immigrant visa from lottery , most of MENA beneficiaries here are men younger of their wives and we all know its a sensitive point in the visa interview wish it cant be the NORMAL case for the interviewer.

you are right about it we are talking about different experiences

Timeline

yeah ok , my experience is about women beneficiaries and men with immigrant visa from lottery , most of MENA beneficiaries here are men younger of their wives and we all know its a sensitive point in the visa interview wish it cant be the NORMAL case for the interviewer.

you are right about it we are talking about different experiences

Actually, we have seen some Moroccan female beneficiaries who were younger than their husbands/fiances who got long ARs or even denials in a few cases. You don't know what is involved in each individual case, despite what may "appear" to you as "normal."

Again, you were very lucky. Be grateful for that. Pray that everyone can be so lucky. But don't assume that they will be.

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

al Nakba 1948-2015

Timeline

I see now , I didnt say what you tihnk i'm saying because i'am talking about a positif interview after she or he get the YES

this is my old post

even if they ask her for a paper and she doesn't bring it with her still they will only ask her to bring them any day she can , she wont get a visa until she bring all papers they ask for

hope if i can talk arabiiiiiiiiiiiiic , my english is confusing me :blink: :blink:

________

if you read my old post u wouldnt say :

It almost sounds like you are suggesting that the cases that had extra processing (as in no additional paperwork necessary) did something wrong, or what have you.

also my last answer was about this question :

View Postrek pooh, on 17 March 2011 - 12:26 AM, said:

Focus people!!! Does anyone know how long from approval in Casa does it take to have the visa in hand on average?

not sure what's the question , but if u mean the time between interview and giving u back your passport with the visa , its next day or after 48 hour max

we are talking about a positif interview after a YES how long it takes to get his passport back with the visa , because when they say no they give the passport same day

hope you understand me now

and i am not making my experience a rule but as you are taking topics and posts here for an experience , i believe of my experience , my friends , sister and cousins experience , plus topics and posts in morrocan forums because i never heard of what you are saying before

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

There was someone recently who was told by the consulate that he'd have his visa the next day, or some short time frame like that. He sold his car, bought his plane ticket, etc, etc, etc. and he didn't get his visa for several weeks, past the date of his already purchased plane ticket. Ergo, the warnings not to buy tickets until visa is in hand. You can't depend on the "you'll have your visa in a couple of days" comment from the consulate. Anything can happen, and it's safest to buy ticket after visa is in hand. Good Luck. When is your fiance's interview?

Masha'allah.....I understand. My plan was not to rush into anything, only to take information advice from those who have more experience with this process insha'allah. Thank you and any other advice is welcomed.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.