rek pooh

How important are multiple visits?

106 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

I was about to say... they don't always let you in. So being there doesn't make a difference in that case. I know I emailed 40 trillion times to Amman to find out if I would be able to go in starting in January (interview was April 24) and was willing to pay for the ticket to go if I could-- but they said I was not allowed at the interview, in an e-mail, which arrived the timely day after his interview. Because that would be when that e-mail would be the most useful. Then. A day later. Because I am a time-traveler who could have hopped into the machine and gone back if they had said sure, come on in. And also if i were a time traveler, I would obviously only use my ability solely for that purpose and not, say, making a lot of money and avoiding terrible mistakes so that I could totaly live independantly now with a pet chicken named Henrietta and all the tomatoes I could ever want. Right? I know you're thinking the same thing. :P

You've clearly had too much jelly.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

You've clearly had too much jelly.

Other than the taste-tests, I haven't even eaten any yet. I'm waiting until Friday to make the blood orange marmalade and the red currant red raspberry. I am feeling lazy tonight. I'm making artichokes right now. Can you imagine if I had actually used the peach liquer the peach passion fruit called for? That would have made for an awesome post.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Other than the taste-tests, I haven't even eaten any yet. I'm waiting until Friday to make the blood orange marmalade and the red currant red raspberry. I am feeling lazy tonight. I'm making artichokes right now. Can you imagine if I had actually used the peach liquer the peach passion fruit called for? That would have made for an awesome post.

Focus people!!! Does anyone know how long from approval in Casa does it take to have the visa in hand on average?

Timeline

Focus people!!! Does anyone know how long from approval in Casa does it take to have the visa in hand on average?

Not really but usually everyone has some form of AP.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

not sure what's the question , but if u mean the time between interview and giving u back your passport with the visa , its next day or after 48 hour max ( at 15:00 )anybody can come to pick up the visa

Edited by karima and abdul

California Service Center I-751

VJName...........Date of I-751......NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

:blink::help: I foresee a surprise in your future... Gd willing not... but ummm....

what do you mean ?

California Service Center I-751

VJName...........Date of I-751......NOA1 Date......Biometrics......Approved....

Puretaqwa.............04/09/13...........0-/--/13..........05/16/13...........--/--/--....

At the Moroccan consulate also it does depend on whether there is AP etc. Also there have been instances where people are told their visa will be ready in a day or two and the reality is they get their visa a couple of weeks later. Point is - don't buy plane ticket etc until visa is in hand.

At the Moroccan consulate also it does depend on whether there is AP etc. Also there have been instances where people are told their visa will be ready in a day or two and the reality is they get their visa a couple of weeks later. Point is - don't buy plane ticket etc until visa is in hand.

Timeline

Insha'Allah it will be quick...I did some research and some did get it that fast. I think you are thinking about Jordan, we are referring to the Moroccan consulate

Thanks, I am aware you are speaking about the Moroccan consulate. So was I.

:thumbs: Always good advice.

Insha'Allah it will be quick...I did some research and some did get it that fast. I think you are thinking about Jordan, we are referring to the Moroccan consulate

i'm quite certain she can keep her countries straight, and what both she and msheesha are telling you directly relates to even the moroccan consulate. women typically have much shorter ap times, sometimes they are longer than the next day or 48 hours later. like in this woman's timeline, from the moroccan consulate--http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=46445 it took longer than a week.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Timeline

i'm quite certain she can keep her countries straight, and what both she and msheesha are telling you directly relates to even the moroccan consulate. women typically have much shorter ap times, sometimes they are longer than the next day or 48 hours later. like in this woman's timeline, from the moroccan consulate--http://www.visajourney.com/timeline/profile.php?id=46445 it took longer than a week.

Exactly. So it bears not banking on a short time-- but rather considering all the options. You just sort of be prepared to have her VIH early but also prepared to wait. So it is best to not get the ticket before the visa is in hand. Also, you'll find that lots of people say they want to come "right away" but when it comes down to it, "right away" can be a month later... or the next day. You don't know. For those who say they need some time, they need to say their goodbyes to everyone and that is a long process for some people. I am sure most people are OK with that. They are preparing to come to a new place and not go back home for quite some time. You never know what will happen. For instance, my husband's mother died after he had been here a month. It is good he had time to say his goodbyes.

There was someone recently who was told by the consulate that he'd have his visa the next day, or some short time frame like that. He sold his car, bought his plane ticket, etc, etc, etc. and he didn't get his visa for several weeks, past the date of his already purchased plane ticket. Ergo, the warnings not to buy tickets until visa is in hand. You can't depend on the "you'll have your visa in a couple of days" comment from the consulate. Anything can happen, and it's safest to buy ticket after visa is in hand. Good Luck. When is your fiance's interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.