mike_d_godfather

CFO for fiancee in Manila, Philippines

20 posts in this topic

This question is for the fiancées in Manila. When should I take the CFO seminar? Is it before my interview or after my visa is issued?

Your question would generate a better response if you posted it in the Philippines regional forum. My wife was required to take the seminar prior to getting her new passport in her married name. Here's the link to the CFO: http://www.cfo.gov.p...d=234&Itemid=33 Notice the list of requirements.

George

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

This question is for the fiancées in Manila. When should I take the CFO seminar? Is it before my interview or after my visa is issued?

Take the CFO Seminar after you get your visa so you don't have to come back for the CFO sticker and the Green Certificate. Right after the seminar you can get the CFO green certificate as well as the CFO sticker all in one day. :)

sorry for my question..but what is the CFO seminar?

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I have been studying and researching this. There are some gotchas not listed on the CFO site.

1) if your filing a k-1/k2 visa, the fiance must take the guidance and counseling seminar. this can be taken at the time of travel to manila for the medical and/or interview at the embassy. The cost is 250php. during the medical, you will have a couple of days to wait to finish the medical anyway. Might as well put it to good use.

2) if the fiance is under 23, the parents (or one parent) must attend with the fiance. this is due ot the consent law of parents must give consent to those under 21, and counseling to those under 24. PLease make sure to know this is also in effect for CFO.

3) also if you fiance is under 21, the parents must be present for medical AND embassy interview.

Plesae note these requirements do not apply to k3 visas for parents to be in attendance. However, the guidance counseling session is still required. Please make sure to attend the proper one for your country.

4) you still have to pay the 400php for the CFO stamp, but you do not have to attend the other CFO required lecture since you attended the fiance/spousal guidance session. However, you should be prepared to attend if they so desire you to.

5) please note you cannot pay for #4 until AFTER having your visa in hand. However, you CAN attend the guidance and counseling session BEFORE you have your visa. They actually prefer you attend the guidance counseling session BEFORE your embassy interview.

6) you cannot leave the country until you have the CFO stamp on your passport. At the customs area to leave, you will be turned back if the CFO stamp is not present. Please also note the filipino(a), and the person traveling with them can be detained and or arrested since leaving the Philippines without a CFO stamp is illegal.

7) do not try to bypass the CFO step. It is for the Philippine Government to track their people. It is also to warn Filipino(a) of the differences in culture they will encounter. there are many, many differences once you get to know the culture. it is up to you to delve into their culture. They will not invite you in. the more you work on it, the deeper you will get. Until they eat pig knuckles in front of you, you are not a full member of the clan. (No matter how much you think they like you.)

just some points to note. The embassy should make you aware of this requirement.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

thank you :)

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

I have been studying and researching this. There are some gotchas not listed on the CFO site.

1) if your filing a k-1/k2 visa, the fiance must take the guidance and counseling seminar. this can be taken at the time of travel to manila for the medical and/or interview at the embassy. The cost is 250php. during the medical, you will have a couple of days to wait to finish the medical anyway. Might as well put it to good use.

2) if the fiance is under 23, the parents (or one parent) must attend with the fiance. this is due ot the consent law of parents must give consent to those under 21, and counseling to those under 24. PLease make sure to know this is also in effect for CFO.

3) also if you fiance is under 21, the parents must be present for medical AND embassy interview.

Plesae note these requirements do not apply to k3 visas for parents to be in attendance. However, the guidance counseling session is still required. Please make sure to attend the proper one for your country.

4) you still have to pay the 400php for the CFO stamp, but you do not have to attend the other CFO required lecture since you attended the fiance/spousal guidance session. However, you should be prepared to attend if they so desire you to.

5) please note you cannot pay for #4 until AFTER having your visa in hand. However, you CAN attend the guidance and counseling session BEFORE you have your visa. They actually prefer you attend the guidance counseling session BEFORE your embassy interview.

6) you cannot leave the country until you have the CFO stamp on your passport. At the customs area to leave, you will be turned back if the CFO stamp is not present. Please also note the filipino(a), and the person traveling with them can be detained and or arrested since leaving the Philippines without a CFO stamp is illegal.

7) do not try to bypass the CFO step. It is for the Philippine Government to track their people. It is also to warn Filipino(a) of the differences in culture they will encounter. there are many, many differences once you get to know the culture. it is up to you to delve into their culture. They will not invite you in. the more you work on it, the deeper you will get. Until they eat pig knuckles in front of you, you are not a full member of the clan. (No matter how much you think they like you.)

just some points to note. The embassy should make you aware of this requirement.

Thanks --very informative . I have to take note :lol:

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

This topic belongs in the PI regional

moving thread

YMMV

Sorry, But lots of wrong and incorrect information you posted.......

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Sorry, But lots of wrong and incorrect information you posted.......

Well I'm not the one who posted that information, but you can't just say it is wrong and incorrect without clarification as to what was wrong and incorrect. Otherwise your comment is meaningless and worthless.

John

Take the CFO Seminar after you get your visa so you don't have to come back for the CFO sticker and the Green Certificate. Right after the seminar you can get the CFO green certificate as well as the CFO sticker all in one day. :)

I needed to attend the CFO seminar so I can renew my passport using my married name. That is a requirement if you are married to a foreigner and you wanted to use the surname of your husband.

The seminar cost is 250 PHP and 400 PHP for the CFO certificate. They will stamp the CFO sticker in your passport soon as you have your visa.

I agree with -terezee-. Just take the CFO after the visa, it can all be done in one day. :)

Chinook took the CFO seminar the day after she completed her medical at St. Lukes. Her visa interview was five days after she completed the CFO seminar. She got the CFO sticker a couple of weeks later when she was back in Manila on her way to the U.S.

• 8 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

All the information needed for the Fiance CFO Seminar is located on this page at the CFO's website

http://www.cfo.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=1348:fiancee-spouses-and-other-partners-of-foreign-nationals&catid=140

hope that helps everyone.

-Chris

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.