Zero Sum

A General Travel Forum?

17 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: Spain
Timeline

I think there's the regional forums, but I'm not exactly enthusiastic about getting sucked into so many different cliques.

How about a general travel forum on this site? Give people a chance to share their travel experiences and give tips to everyone else. Its obvious most of us here have had to travel internationally at least once, so everyone could share something.

Filed: Timeline

I think there's the regional forums, but I'm not exactly enthusiastic about getting sucked into so many different cliques.

How about a general travel forum on this site? Give people a chance to share their travel experiences and give tips to everyone else. Its obvious most of us here have had to travel internationally at least once, so everyone could share something.

I would much rather see VJ migrate to a structure where each (new) thread has tags associated with it and posters have the ability to subscribe to or search for tags they're interested in. We wouldn't need all these forums and if there's a sudden spike in interest on a topic (say, Cuba, after the travel restrictions are fully lifted) then that tag will dynamically get created by the user base, eliminating the need for Admin to respond to everything.

I would much rather see VJ migrate to a structure where each (new) thread has tags associated with it and posters have the ability to subscribe to or search for tags they're interested in. We wouldn't need all these forums and if there's a sudden spike in interest on a topic (say, Cuba, after the travel restrictions are fully lifted) then that tag will dynamically get created by the user base, eliminating the need for Admin to respond to everything.

that sounds so confusing. maybe I'm just too tired to understand.

Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth.

Timeline

Not a personal problem, since I don't have enough time to trudge through more that a couple of areas of the site per day. Just that I think it would be a waste of time to filter out infantile gossip, among many, many other things- from a forum region.

A nice alternative would be for each regional subforum to have an area dedicated for travel information. But I won't be picky.

Timeline

Any bets 1 out of 10 new threads will be members asking how/where to find cheap air fare?

:lol:

Yeah, that should be controlled. Or have s sticky as to UNendorsed sites.

Or sticky within a sticky. Things could get interesting.

so this new travel forum be for stuff like...advice on where to eat, where to stay, getting around in countries, etc? people could ask for tips on places to visit that are off the beaten path and stuff? kinda like a vj travel guide?

btw AJ...I have slept and your idea still makes no sense to me. I am obviously dumb.

Timeline

so this new travel forum be for stuff like...advice on where to eat, where to stay, getting around in countries, etc? people could ask for tips on places to visit that are off the beaten path and stuff? kinda like a vj travel guide?

btw AJ...I have slept and your idea still makes no sense to me. I am obviously dumb.

Yeah that's the ticket. VJ should be quite full of people willing and able to give excellent travel advice. Factual and opinionated. Having a dedicated zone to do that would maybe help them share (up to date) information that is past guidebooks.

Yeah that's the ticket. VJ should be quite full of people willing and able to give excellent travel advice. Factual and opinionated. Having a dedicated zone to do that would maybe help them share (up to date) information that is past guidebooks.

that's kinda cool. maybe that could be what expats is for!