24 posts in this topic

Tell me what you know, old timers!

Husband had interview this a.m., was questioned about ex-wife extensively, asked how I was treated by the populace when I lived there, asked what he intended to do in the US and given a sheet of paper - now we are in limbo.

The form letter says,

... regrets to inform you it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following sections...

Section 221(g) Administrative Processing

From my quick scanning on VJ, I see AP could take 1 week, 45 days, to several years of waiting.

My first thought was of selling the acreage I just bought, canceling the house I am scheduled to start building in a month, and moving back to Trinidad to be with him. I have no idea what to do, so I have contacted both my state Representative and Senator to ask if there are any procedures to be followed. He said he watched thugs walk in half clothed, come out with big smiles, being approved right and left and after a snide comment from an administrative assistant about my husband's marriages I am fit to be tied. My mind says get a lawyer to find out what they want, but this is a consulate that allows paper-pushers to make rude comments to people being interviewed... so that would be a wasted effort.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Experience with this AP? I've read the threads, VJers show in AP limbo anywhere from a week to years in limbo. Is there anyone with some concrete information?

7PIHm6.png

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

event.png

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! We are currently in Administrative Processing with no time-lines to guide us!

My husband is looking at cars in Trinidad for me as his wish has come true! Me a Trini-Wife!

BUT

I will call DoS weekly to check the progress and I will not give up hope.

July of 2011 is the cut off date for us, when I will either start construction on a home here in the US or return to Trinidad to be with my husband.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

So exactly what sections did it indicate??

Moving to AR forum...

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Need more info to know where you stand.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

So exactly what sections did it indicate??

Moving to AR forum...

Apologies, I was in the AP forum and didn't think to post there, seeing cross-eyed now.

Need more info to know where you stand.

Asked for more info directly from consulate and got a form letter:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry.

U.S. law states that every applicant for a nonimmigrant visa is presumed to be an intending immigrant unless he or she can prove otherwise. Visa applicants must demonstrate a residence abroad that they do not intend to abandon by providing credible evidence of sufficiently strong economic, professional, family and social ties that would compel them to leave the United States (U.S) at the end of a temporary non-working stay. Please note that all applicants for non-immigrant visas must qualify on their own merits and cannot rely on the assurances of third parties.

Please note that a supervisory officer has reviewed all denials. Previously refused applicants are welcome to reapply, however they should only do so if there has been a significant change in their situations that may warrant visa issuance.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Blah, Blah, Blah

7PIHm6.png

Apologies if I state in a comment that my husband and I have been together for years & years. It's just that I can hardly remember a time when he and I were not together.

event.png

Ahhhhhhhhhh!!! We are currently in Administrative Processing with no time-lines to guide us!

My husband is looking at cars in Trinidad for me as his wish has come true! Me a Trini-Wife!

BUT

July of 2011 is the cut off date for us, when I will either start construction on a home here in the US or return to Trinidad to be with my husband.

Timeline

Apologies, I was in the AP forum and didn't think to post there, seeing cross-eyed now.

Asked for more info directly from consulate and got a form letter:

Dear Sir or Madam:

Thank you for your inquiry.

U.S. law states that every applicant for a nonimmigrant visa is presumed to be an intending immigrant unless he or she can prove otherwise. Visa applicants must demonstrate a residence abroad that they do not intend to abandon by providing credible evidence of sufficiently strong economic, professional, family and social ties that would compel them to leave the United States (U.S) at the end of a temporary non-working stay. Please note that all applicants for non-immigrant visas must qualify on their own merits and cannot rely on the assurances of third parties.

Please note that a supervisory officer has reviewed all denials. Previously refused applicants are welcome to reapply, however they should only do so if there has been a significant change in their situations that may warrant visa issuance.

We hope this information is helpful.

Sincerely,

Blah, Blah, Blah

So you were denied a NON-Immigrant tourist visa?? This is normal in many cases, it will not affect an Immigrant visa petition or interview later for the CR-1 or IR-1 visa.

This will be a NON-Issue.

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

So you were denied a NON-Immigrant tourist visa?? This is normal in many cases, it will not affect an Immigrant visa petition or interview later for the CR-1 or IR-1 visa.

This will be a NON-Issue.

Explain, YuAndDan, please. Why would they say we are denied on something we are not applying to?

Husband had interview in the a.m. and was given a letter, they returned paperwork, visa, and handed him this letter saying Thos office regrets to inform you it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following sections...

Edited by Cybele

7PIHm6.png

event.png

BUT

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Explain, YuAndDan, please. Why would they say we are denied on something we are not applying to?

Husband had interview in the a.m. and was given a letter, they returned paperwork, visa, and handed him this letter saying Thos office regrets to inform you it is unable to issue a visa to you because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following sections...

The letter you received suggests you applied for a non-immigrant tourist visa for him. Perhaps there is some kind of mix-up.

event.png

K1 Visa
Event Date
Service Center : Texas Service Center
Consulate : Morocco
I-129F Sent : 2011-03-07
I-129F NOA2 : 2011-07-08
Interview Date : 2011-11-01
Interview Result : Approved
Visa Received : 2011-11-03
US Entry : 2012-02-28
Marriage : 2012-03-05
AOS sent: 05/16/2012
AOS received USCIS: 5/23/2012
EAD Delivered: 8/3/2012
AOS Interview: 08/20/2012.
Green Card Received: 08/27/2012

ROC Form Sent 07/17/2014

ROC NOA 07/24/2014
ROC Biometrics Appt. 8/21/2014
ROC RFE 10/2014 Evidence sent 1/4/2014

ROC Approval Letter received 1/13/2015

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

the letter he has, smells of 'tourist visa denial'

as

your husband applied for a CR-1 visa, an IMMIGRANT VISA, which has total reverse of what was printed in that letter - ie -

he DOES have immigrant intent.

so - I'll suggest you call DoS hotline (# in my profile, click the girls, read left panel)

and then find out exactly what's going on.

On first blush, it smells like the CR-1 visa was denied on interview day, for some other reason - but

DoS Hotline knows all, call them, inquire?

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

---

this other thing (from yer embassy review):

this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue you a visa because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following sections

221(g) Administrative Processing.

huh? what?

usually with 221(g) Administrative Processing - the USA wants to do a deeper background check, no further documents required from the petitioner or the beneficiary.

but - I can't screw a square peg into a round hole - can you please ask yer husband to send you a SCAN of that page, front and back, via email to you?

Somethings wonky.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Thank you for clarifying Golden Gate... We are doing the CR1 visa with the I-130, I-864, DS-230, and DS-3032 forms. Who knows why they sent that letter, maybe just a form letter they use on everyone to tell them to leave them alone and wait some more.

7PIHm6.png

event.png

BUT

---

this other thing (from yer embassy review):

this office regrets to inform you that it is unable to issue you a visa because you have been found ineligible to receive a visa under the following sections

221(g) Administrative Processing.

huh? what?

usually with 221(g) Administrative Processing - the USA wants to do a deeper background check, no further documents required from the petitioner or the beneficiary.

but - I can't screw a square peg into a round hole - can yo221g.pdfu please ask yer husband to send you a SCAN of that page, front and back, via email to you?

Somethings wonky.

I like WONKY! Tell me there was an error!

7PIHm6.png

event.png

BUT

Timeline

I like WONKY! Tell me there was an error!

From your scan, it just looks like they simply need to do more processing, perhaps a name check not complete.

This is not a denial, just a delay.

From your scan, it just looks like they simply need to do more processing, perhaps a name check not complete.

This is not a denial, just a delay.

Mmmm, are you sure? 'REFUSAL WORKSHEET & This office regrets to inform you that you have been found ineligible to receive a visa' sounds exactly like a denial to me :(

7PIHm6.png

event.png

BUT

Timeline

Mmmm, are you sure? 'REFUSAL WORKSHEET & This office regrets to inform you that you have been found ineligible to receive a visa' sounds exactly like a denial to me :(

It looks like "administrative processing-the embassy will call you when it is complete" is part of the section Checked.

is there another box that was cut off in your scan?

is there another box that was cut off in your scan?

nope, that is it

7PIHm6.png

event.png

BUT

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.