deeder

f1 visa out of status for 13 yrs now

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

I dont doubt that he has his own SSN - as student you get your own SSN so identity fraud is not something they are going to hold him for, but he has been in the ocuntry illegally and has worked all this time without right authorization. :unsure: :unsure:

So depending on the officer that gets your file and his mood of the day he can create complications.

I will have my fingers crossed~I look @ it this way ..he is not a criminal, yes he worked all this time without authorizaton, buthe

Is not depending on the gov for freebies ir hand outs, he files taxes every year~he basically lives and does what he is supposed to

So @ least they can see that~but I know that they can do or say what they feel so..we will see

event.png

Illegal work is also irrelevant/forgiven for spouses of US Citizens. Better he was working without authorization then being a drug dealer or something.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Illegal work is also irrelevant/forgiven for spouses of US Citizens. Better he was working without authorization then being a drug dealer or something.

exactly Harpa!!! ....if someone is in the country for a long time they would more question how one stayed here being able to pay rent and bills and wonder if there has been some illegal activities like drugs, human trafficking or prostitution or so has been going on ....

...so just relax and file your paperwork, he had his SSN fair and square, paid his taxes and the employers did not pay attention to a little detail here aka is he permitted to work yet....so all that, the overstay, the work is all forgiven - from personal experience, similar situation yet less years then your hubby has, it was only asked if I am currently employed (despite me disclosing my work prior to EAD) and also only if anything was ever filed regarding AOS to become a permanent resident other then my application that lead to the interview .....

Good luck on your immigration journey, let us know any questions and we'll respond :)

Maxximus

p.s. I even brought my two tax-returns to the interview just in case but as mentioned above, it wasn't even mentioned by the IO that I have work-history

Edited by Maxximus1074

10/13/2010 - Mailed in The Package (AOS, I-765, I-130)

10/17/2010 - USPS confirms delivery to USCIS

10/25/2010 - Check cashed

10/26/2010 - All applications been worked on aka touched

10/28/2010 - NOA1 Receipts for applications received

11/24/2010 - Received appointment for biometrics in the mail for 12/17 *yay*

12/17/2010 - 9.25 a.m. - 9.45 a.m. Biometrics done !!

12/23/2010 - EAD Approved and Card on its way - Email notification received *yay*

01/03/2011 - WOOOHOOO ...EAD Card in Hand!

01/04/2011 - Oh boy....Received Interview Letter today - February 3rd is the day! :)

02/03/2011 - Interview scheduled 12:45 p.m. - out of there before 1:30 p.m. - further review

Coming home, checking for touches at 5:30 p.m. - CARD PRODUCTION ORDERED !!!!

Thank you All on Visajourney for your inputs, experiences and thoughts!!!

02/09/2011 - Yup another e-mail saying that my card production was ordered.

02/10/2011 - E-mail notification "Approval letter was sent today"

02/14/2011 - Welcome Letter / Approval NOA and Card (separate envelope) received!!! :D

Late November 2012 (have to look up my receipts ;) - mailed in ROC I-751

12/12/2012 - NOA 1, status extension received

12/18/2012 - Biometrics appointment letter received

01/08/2013 - Biometrics done

Filed: Other Timeline

Unless he has claimed to be a US citizen, i.e., on an I-9 form, or there's anything you have not mentioned, Adjustment of Status (AOS) should be straight forward without any issues regarding overstay and working without authorization having any impact on this rather common process.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

USCIS and IRS are 2 different branches of the government and usually do not work well together. If he has a social and paid taxes and can prove it you will have no problems.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Zambia
Timeline

USCIS and IRS are 2 different branches of the government and usually do not work well together. If he has a social and paid taxes and can prove it you will have no problems.

Cool thanks~I'm gonna keep everyone updated :thumbs:

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.