type2negative

A Day without racism and bigotry

124 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

She is brave in that she stands up for who she is and her beliefs rather than let society dictate to her how to live and who to love. As for me "getting it"...I think you missed the boat on that one.

No, my husband isn't a confederate yankee. How do you consider a Canadian as a yankee? Yankee refers to one that lived in the North during the time of the American Civil War. I fail to make the connection.

I assume you will have something sarcastic (as usual) to say.

"she is brave" - Well Ahhh I was pretty clear in my Alabama 1960 post OK??? You and other liberals are missing 50 years. OK??? Heroes are marines in Iraq.

Well. Heh.. About Confed and Yankee - that was to Fuzzness.

"Canadiens as Yankees" - I wont touch that with a 40 feet pole.

Sarcastic, Well, i cannot take all this seriously. Whats the point??? We clearly speak on different levels here.

once again you ignore my question. i shouldn't expect anything less I guess

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

She is brave in that she stands up for who she is and her beliefs rather than let society dictate to her how to live and who to love. As for me "getting it"...I think you missed the boat on that one.

No, my husband isn't a confederate yankee. How do you consider a Canadian as a yankee? Yankee refers to one that lived in the North during the time of the American Civil War. I fail to make the connection.

"she is brave" - Well Ahhh I was pretty clear in my Alabama 1960 post OK??? You and other liberals are missing 50 years. OK??? Heroes are marines in Iraq.

Sarcastic, Well, i cannot take all this seriously. Whats the point??? We clearly speak on different levels here.

Fuzzness happens to be my husband so I feel I have every right to comment. :)

I will not deny the fact that there are heroes in Iraq. There are heroes from every war. No one has ever said differently.

We definintely speak on different levels. My level is one of non racism and non bigotry. Alabama of 2006 and Alabama of 1960 is different as well.

BTW, it's spelled Canadians. Canadiens is a hockey team if I'm not mistaken. What you lack in tact and grammar you make up in ignorance.

Teaching is the essential profession...the one that makes ALL other professions possible - David Haselkorn

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

I Told yo u that I know. Seen a lot. If you want to tell me your definition - You are welocome. I promise not to comment. I will keep mine to myself, not to incite a barrage of ...hmmm stuff..

not a southerner and not a yankee... gee, could I possibly be an immigrant?

You can be whatever you want. You said "Iam not yankee nor I consider myself southener". So I Suggested ConfederateYankee. Well Let it go. It was 30% sarcastic

Edited by type2negative

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
we shouldnt even converse about racism with this person.it makes him believe he has a point to debate when in fact ignorance is not a point

That in itself is profound. Which makes you wonder - does a racist bigot know that they are a racist bigot?

I mean, how do you stop if you don't know you have the problem to begin with? The way this guy talks you'd think it was like quitting smoking or something... :huh:

She is just a little liberal trying to find injustice and fight it. To fight against "some discrimination" to make a pathetic video, and to give her pathetic life some meaning. she probably didnt make it to good colllege, so she needs an excuse.

How is the woman "Liberal"?

I ask knowing full well that the question won't be answered. That some people like the warm fuzzy comfort of unchallenged assumptions, not knowing that they stand on the very brink of a bottomless philosophical and ideological black hole.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline
Some people like the warm fuzzy comfort of unchallenged assumptions, not knowing that they stand on the very brink of a bottomless philosophical and ideological black hole.

Wow... The very definition of liberal I was looking for. Dude. Wow Thumbs up

:thumbs:

That in itself is profound. Which makes you wonder - does a racist bigot know that they are a racist bigot?

Isnt it true about Liberals and White Guilt... Yep You will deny your bigotry for the very reason you stated above.

Edited by type2negative

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
no it has to be the blatant b*llshit posted by Mawilson........"yeah I've been to Gaza" yeah and I've been to the f*ckin moon, and met much more intelligent life forms than the people I've mentioned on this post.....................

Paul, I'm getting tired of your insults and fabricated accusations. If you cannot

respect me, then at least have a greater regard for yourself than to use such vile,

vituperative language.

I have never claimed that you will be asked questions about Israel at your USCIS

interview. You took my words out of context and substituted your own language

and version of what was really said. I have since explained what I meant:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...st&p=418099

but you seem to ignore explanations that confound your own assumptions of what

was said.

And yes, I visited Gaza and parts of the West Bank back in 2000 when it was safe

to do so.

Now let me ask you this -- have *you* ever been there, Mr Know-it-all?

biden_pinhead.jpgspace.gifrolling-stones-american-flag-tongue.jpgspace.gifinside-geico.jpg

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

To me the flag does not represent racism. But that's just me. Although I'm not actually southern, I'm not a yankee either, so what would I know?

May be this website is just what you needed h t tp://confederateyankee. mu.nu/

Now there's some real journalism...why bother with citing sources or listing the author's name? Mmmm...bacon.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

To me the flag does not represent racism. But that's just me. Although I'm not actually southern, I'm not a yankee either, so what would I know?

May be this website is just what you needed h t tp://confederateyankee. mu.nu/

Now there's some real journalism...why bother with citing sources or listing the author's name? Mmmm...bacon.

boy this new troll sure seems to have the same style of another vj memeber who likes to fight with erekose and use multiple quotes in a post....

hmmmmmm

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Filed: Other Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Some people like the warm fuzzy comfort of unchallenged assumptions, not knowing that they stand on the very brink of a bottomless philosophical and ideological black hole.

Wow... The very definition of liberal I was looking for. Dude. Wow Thumbs up

:thumbs:

Isnt it true about Liberals and White Guilt... Yep You will deny your bigotry for the very reason you stated above.

Hmmmm. Well to extend that line of thought I might ask - does a stupid ####### know that they are a stupid #######? Clearly you don't. Why waste words on such an idiot when they can't understand half of what is said - childish and very immature.

Still I'm not the one cheerfully displaying a symbol that many people find to have racist associations, so not really sure what else there is to say.

Timeline

I Told yo u that I know. Seen a lot. If you want to tell me your definition - You are welocome. I promise not to comment. I will keep mine to myself, not to incite a barrage of ...hmmm stuff..

This one comes right from the dictionary and seems to be a rather good one:

lib‧er‧al  /ˈlɪbərəl, ˈlɪbrəl/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lib-er-uhl, lib-ruhl] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–adjective

1. favorable to progress or reform, as in political or religious affairs.

2. (often initial capital letter) noting or pertaining to a political party advocating measures of progressive political reform.

3. of, pertaining to, based on, or advocating liberalism. (this means liberation, which is never a bad thing)

4. favorable to or in accord with concepts of maximum individual freedom possible, esp. as guaranteed by law and secured by governmental protection of civil liberties.

5. favoring or permitting freedom of action, esp. with respect to matters of personal belief or expression: a liberal policy toward dissident artists and writers.

6. of or pertaining to representational forms of government rather than aristocracies and monarchies.

7. free from prejudice or bigotry; tolerant: a liberal attitude toward foreigners.

8. open-minded or tolerant, esp. free of or not bound by traditional or conventional ideas, values, etc.

9. characterized by generosity and willingness to give in large amounts: a liberal donor. (does not pertain to our conversation)

10. given freely or abundantly; generous: a liberal donation. (nor this one)

11. not strict or rigorous; free; not literal: a liberal interpretation of a rule. (ie, the ability to read between the lines)

12. of, pertaining to, or based on the liberal arts. (n/a)

13. of, pertaining to, or befitting a freeman. (n/a)

–noun

14. a person of liberal principles or views, esp. in politics or religion.

15. (often initial capital letter) a member of a liberal party in politics, esp. of the Liberal party in Great Britain.

and that, children, is a good definition of "liberal"

now someone explain to me again how this is a bad thing?

what is white guilt? i'm white, I have never committed a crime. what exactly am I guilty of?

Edited by Fuzzness

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Joel, its futile to argue with the mentally challenged that can only hurl insults and meaningless labels, just like the people on here throwing around the "liberal" label like its supposed to be a bad thing. Typical propaganda.

K-1 Timeline

11-29-05: Mailed I-129F Petition to CSC

12-06-05: NOA1

03-02-06: NOA2

03-23-06: Interview Date May 16

05-17-06: K-1 Visa Issued

05-20-06: Arrived at POE, Honolulu

07-17-06: Married

AOS Timeline

08-14-06: Mailed I-485 to Chicago

08-24-06: NOA for I-485

09-08-06: Biometrics Appointment

09-25-06: I-485 transferred to CSC

09-28-06: I-485 received at CSC

10-18-06: AOS Approved

10-21-06: Approval notice mailed

10-23-06: Received "Welcome Letter"

10-27-06: Received 2 yr Green Card

I-751 Timeline

07-21-08: Mailed I-751 to VSC

07-25-08: NOA for I-751

08-27-08: Biometrics Appointment

02-25-09: I-751 transferred to CSC

04-17-09: I-751 Approved

06-22-09: Received 10 yr Green Card

N-400 Timeline

07-20-09: Mailed N-400 to Lewisville, TX

07-23-09: NOA for N-400

08-14-09: Biometrics Appointment

09-08-09: Interview Date Oct 07

10-30-09: Oath Ceremony

11-20-09: Received Passport!!!

Timeline
Joel, its futile to argue with the mentally challenged that can only hurl insults and meaningless labels, just like the people on here throwing around the "liberal" label like its supposed to be a bad thing. Typical propaganda.

well they'll just turn around and call the dictionary "liberal propaganda"

or something like the dictionary is just another part of the "liberal media"

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

what is white guilt? i'm white, I have never committed a crime. what exactly am I guilty of?

White Guilt

What the author of that particularly article fails to mention is that the charge of "white guilt" is usually coming from people of a certain political persuasion, namely those who also like to use terms like "reverse racism."

In a way, "white guilt" is the extension of "the white man's burden," a key phrase justifying colonization as a means of civilizing the world.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.

Timeline

White Guilt

What the author of that particularly article fails to mention is that the charge of "white guilt" is usually coming from people of a certain political persuasion, namely those who also like to use terms like "reverse racism."

In a way, "white guilt" is the extension of "the white man's burden," a key phrase justifying colonization as a means of civilizing the world.

I know what it means. My point was that I had nothing to do with it. I do not accept responsibility for another person's or group of people's actions.

Filed: Other Country: Germany
Timeline

White Guilt

I know what it means. My point was that I had nothing to do with it. I do not accept responsibility for another person's or group of people's actions.

And my point was not to explain to you what it is but to bring to attention (via your rhetorical question) the way in which certain phrases are used to stigmatize those who do care about the past and are willing to take responsibility for it.

I find it quite interesting that people consider it perfectly reasonable to assume that it is ok if some groups in the world take responsibility for their past actions but others are somehow exempt. Where this bifurcated view leads to can be seen most vividly in the issue of the Japanese War shrine. Why would the Japanese Prime Minister have to refrain from visiting the shrine if their is no such thing as collective historical guilt. Why is white guilt bad but Japanese guilt good?

I do believe that past generations have to take responsibility for the actions of their forefathers because it creates an awareness for injustice and shows that late birth doesn't make you somehow innocent. Also, I believe that it helps prevent making the same stupid mistake again.

Permanent Green Card Holder since 2006, considering citizenship application in the future.