tomcat

Traveling with maiden name passport

8 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My wife and I are finally going back to her home town in the Philippines

She will have her Philippines passport with her maiden last name and a green card with her newer last name any travel issues ?

Does the travel internary has to to be in her passport last name or her currant name from her green card ?

K-1

September 18, 07 - Mailed K1 Petition

September 25, 07 - NOA1

October 10, 07 Touched

January 07 08 Touched Limitation Wavier required

January 16 08 Touched Filing Limitation Wavier received in Vermont

January 17 -21 08 Touched

January 22 08 NOA2 Approved

January 28 08 NVC Case number issued HNK********

February 15 08 received packet 3

March 23 08 sent packet to consulate

April 26 08 FPU check

June 3 08 interview in Hong Kong

June 7 08 Visa in hand

June 25 08 Arrived in Boston

Aug 15 08 Married

February 15 09 Applied for AOS

March 27 09 Biometrics done in Boston

May 1 09 AOS transfered to CSC

May 4,09 received I765 card

May 13 09 touched

June 10 ,09 Green Card ordered .. no interview

June 29 ,09 Received Green card

May 2011 filed for 10y Green card

June 2011 interview for green card

Ticket and itinerary have to match the name in her passport.

Bring a copy of your marriage certificate to address the issue of discrepancy between her passport and her green card.

My wife and I are finally going back to her home town in the Philippines

She will have her Philippines passport with her maiden last name and a green card with her newer last name any travel issues ?

Does the travel internary has to to be in her passport last name or her currant name from her green card ?

Be smart, have a plan, and hang on to the people you love. - Chris Gardner

N-400 Timeline

02-23-2018: Sent N-400 Application online

02-23-2018: Date on NOA, retrieved from online account

02-23-2018: Date on Biometrics Appointment Letter (Biometrics Appointment at Jacksonville ASC on March 13, 10:00 a.m.)

03-08-2018: Biometrics complete

04-05-2018: Case status updated - Interview Scheduled on May 10, 2018, 10:15 a.m. :D

05-10-2018: Citizenship Interview - Passed English and Civics Tests, Recommended for Approval! :D 

06-19-2018: Received email and text notification: Naturalization Ceremony Scheduled; waited for letter to be uploaded on online account - it has been set on Wednesday, July 25, 3:00 p.m.

07-25-2018: I am now a U.S. Citizen!

K3-K4 Journey.txt

Hello! I went home in '09 with my passport on my maiden name and tickets & itineraries on my married name.I never had any problems on the POE and on my layovers.I just had my marriage certificate handy in case they ask for it .And they never did.I even offered it to the IO here upon coming back and he said that there's no need to see my MC coz he can see everything when he swiped my GC.

Edited by earp

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
Ticket and itinerary have to match the name in her passport.

No it doesn't. It need to match ANY government-issued photo ID... which includes the GC.

OP - up to you how you want to fly. Personally I travelled on my maiden name passport in married name tickets (to match my GC) and changed my passport while in my home country so it worked out best for me.

No it doesn't. It need to match ANY government-issued photo ID... which includes the GC.

OP - up to you how you want to fly. Personally I travelled on my maiden name passport in married name tickets (to match my GC) and changed my passport while in my home country so it worked out best for me.

:thumbs:

I called Delta and USCIS before buying my tickets and they told me to get it in my married name to match my GC...even went to Canada twice and never had problems....

Edited by earp

_____________________________________________________________________________________________

N400 Timeline:

4/14/12- 3rd yr as PR

1/17/12- mailed packet

Biometrics-- waived

4/25/12- interview- passed & took my oath the same day!!-- US Citizen!!!

My N400 Journey took 3months & 8days!:)

If you book your tickets in your married name and use self-check-in you may have to get someone to "ok" the fact that your tickets are in a different name than the passport.

If you book the tickets in the same name as the passport shows (which is what a lot of airlines say to do) you will only have to show your passport and ticket except for the moment of re-entry into the States when the green card will also be produced. At this point you could use the marriage certificate too, but probably won't need it. If you book the tickets in the same name as the green card then you will have to pull out the green card several times in order to confirm that the passport holder IS the ticket holder. Then again...your married name is your actual real name so maybe the possible extra hassle is worth it. (I travelled under my married name with a passport in my maiden name, but maybe I am over-exaggerating the stress it created because it was also an invalid passport at the time :blush:)

If unsure, telephone the airline you are intending to use and just do whatever they say.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline
If you book your tickets in your married name and use self-check-in you may have to get someone to "ok" the fact that your tickets are in a different name than the passport.

If you book the tickets in the same name as the passport shows (which is what a lot of airlines say to do) you will only have to show your passport and ticket except for the moment of re-entry into the States when the green card will also be produced. At this point you could use the marriage certificate too, but probably won't need it. If you book the tickets in the same name as the green card then you will have to pull out the green card several times in order to confirm that the passport holder IS the ticket holder. Then again...your married name is your actual real name so maybe the possible extra hassle is worth it. (I travelled under my married name with a passport in my maiden name, but maybe I am over-exaggerating the stress it created because it was also an invalid passport at the time :blush:)

If unsure, telephone the airline you are intending to use and just do whatever they say.

It's funny you mention self check-in. I actually self checked in and had no issues with the fact my passport name was different to ticket name. I showed security my tickets and GC going through security. Absolutely zero issues.

It's funny you mention self check-in. I actually self checked in and had no issues with the fact my passport name was different to ticket name. I showed security my tickets and GC going through security. Absolutely zero issues.

Probably depends on the particular kiosk. Sometimes self check-in is wonderfully convenient and beautiful, other times it is like dealing with a tyrannical rodent. :lol:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.