myangel694

Help getting my husband home

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi. I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help. I am an American citizen. I married my husband in Georgia in Sept 2003. He immigrated here illegally in 1998. We have lived together here in Georgia since our 03 wedding and now have a 3 year old daughter together who was also born in GA and is obviously a US citizen. I also have three more children from a previous marriage who love my husband dearly even though he is not their biological father.We wnt him back, but legally.

I have wanted to file for him to get his permanent residence card for a while but I did not know where to start. My husband's father died a little over a month ago and he went back to Mexico (in Nuevo Leon close to Monterey) for the funeral and to help care for his mother who is also very ill. We talk every day. He is very depressed, as are my girls, because their dad is not here. I want to know since he is in MX now, should I go ahead and file for him? I want to do this the correct way. What form do I file; etc? Then, will I need to go to MX to have an interview at an American consulate? Or will I go to an immigration office here?

Also, my husband has had a few misdemeanor charges over the years? No felonies, I think? Should I do a criminal background check? Will the misdemeanors impact his chance of becoming legal???

Any advice????

Very sad in GA

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to the I-601 forum

You will first start by filing an I-130 for a spouse visa, because this is the only option open to you.

Start here: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?autocom=custom&page=i130guide1

You WILL be dealing with a hard denial at the visa interview, and I am not sure if an I-601 waiver would apply in this case.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Many VJ members suggest contacting immigration attorney Laurel Scott (http://scottimmigration.net/ ) in your type of situation. I believe that she has weekly online chat sessions as well.

I-864 Affidavit of Support FAQ -->> https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/immigrant-process/documents/support/i-864-frequently-asked-questions.html

FOREIGN INCOME REPORTING & TAX FILING -->> https://www.irs.gov/publications/p54/ch01.html#en_US_2015_publink100047318

CALL THIS NUMBER TO ORDER IRS TAX TRANSCRIPTS >> 800-908-9946

PLEASE READ THE GUIDES -->> Link to Visa Journey Guides

MULTI ENTRY SPOUSE VISA TO VN -->>Link to Visa Exemption for Vietnamese Residents Overseas & Their Spouses

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Hi. I am new to this forum and I am looking for some help. I am an American citizen. I married my husband in Georgia in Sept 2003. He immigrated here illegally in 1998. We have lived together here in Georgia since our 03 wedding and now have a 3 year old daughter together who was also born in GA and is obviously a US citizen. I also have three more children from a previous marriage who love my husband dearly even though he is not their biological father.We wnt him back, but legally.

I have wanted to file for him to get his permanent residence card for a while but I did not know where to start. My husband's father died a little over a month ago and he went back to Mexico (in Nuevo Leon close to Monterey) for the funeral and to help care for his mother who is also very ill. We talk every day. He is very depressed, as are my girls, because their dad is not here. I want to know since he is in MX now, should I go ahead and file for him? I want to do this the correct way. What form do I file; etc? Then, will I need to go to MX to have an interview at an American consulate? Or will I go to an immigration office here?

Also, my husband has had a few misdemeanor charges over the years? No felonies, I think? Should I do a criminal background check? Will the misdemeanors impact his chance of becoming legal???

Any advice????

Very sad in GA

MOST IMPORTANT thing not to do right now is allow him to EWI again, as it will postpone you being able to file a waiver for 10 more years.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

I would suggest you go to the website: immigrate2us.net

I don't know how to put in a link to it. There are lots of people on that website in your same situation and they are very willing to help you. The lawyer mentioned in the above post has a link on that website to her chat that is done every Wednesday at 11 CST. Loads of good information.

Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.