Indietro09

Citizeship certificate

14 posts in this topic

Hi ,

Just a quick question about the citizenship certificate...If something happened to it like got tore up or laminated ..... Is there anyway to get a new one? Thanks in advance

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ,

Just a quick question about the citizenship certificate...If something happened to it like got tore up or laminated ..... Is there anyway to get a new one? Thanks in advance

For $345 you would use form N-565 to get a replacement.

May 20, 2008: Green card approved

N-400

February 22, 2011: Sent N-400 VAWA package

February 23, 2011: FedEx package signed for and delivered

March 15, 2011: Email NOA

March 15, 2011: Check cashed

March 17, 2011: Email re: Fingerprint Notice mailed out

March 18, 2011: NOA received (Notice Date 03/14; Priority Date: 02/23)

March 23, 2011: Biometrics notice received for 03/31

March 31, 2011: Biometrics completed

July 5, 2011: Online status: Now scheduled for interview

July 12, 2011: Received interview letter finally!

August 11, 2011: Interview Date (Garden City) - PASSED!!!

August 15, 2011: In line to be scheduled for Oath

August 16, 2011: Oath scheduled, notice sent

August 20, 2011: Oath notice received

September 15, 2011: Oath ceremony @ 8:30 AM

September 17, 20011: Passport application

September 21, 2011: Passport received

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi ,

oh yes.. and it comes with a heavy price. If you have your us passport then you probably wont have a need for it.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

oh yes.. and it comes with a heavy price. If you have your us passport then you probably wont have a need for it.

Exactly, put the damaged one away in a safe place. US passport will serve as evidence of citizenship if it ever is needed, another thing you can do is some states offer an "enhanced" Driver's license or State ID, you can show them proof of US citizenship "passport" and have the DL or ID updated to show US Citizenship.

EX:

license533.jpg

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

and how long does it take to get a new certificate ?

Your local office is louisville. It will take 5 months for a replacement to be given or process completed.

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

That's not true if you plan to sponsor your family to live in the US. As a naturalized citizen, the USCIS will ask you to produce the original copy of your naturalization certificate along with other documentations.

Just a trivia, naturalization certificate does NOT have an expiration date on it, while passport does, but your citizenship never expires with it of course, just an interesting fact.

Naturalization adventure (5-year rule)

Local District office - Indianapolis, IN

08/25/2010-01/06/2011

Timeline

That's not true if you plan to sponsor your family to live in the US. As a naturalized citizen, the USCIS will ask you to produce the original copy of your naturalization certificate along with other documentations.

Just a trivia, naturalization certificate does NOT have an expiration date on it, while passport does, but your citizenship never expires with it of course, just an interesting fact.

Which of the I-130's instructions are you reviewing..? USCIS will fly over those who dont know better. Now I'm speaking from the Revised I-130's instructions updated on 11/23/2010. It has no special instructions only for naturalized US Citizens. If it heps . it does say if Naturalized you can use the given certificate.. it goes on to say that you can use the expired/unexpired US Passport. No?

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Timeline

My husband IS a naturalized citizen, we used his passport to file for me.

Thank You . good.gif

Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

Naturalization certificate certainly shows you are naturalized, but so does a US Passport, with your place of birth plastered all over it. Too bad there isn't such a thing as a time machine, so you can have your mom come here, legally or illegally and get a US birth certificate, then you would be all set. And only cost about five bucks to get replaced.

Some renown physicists say time travel is possible, but if it is, has already been invented as we would have even time travelers coming here from a million years from now. None of us had any choice where we were born, but our countries sure make a huge issue out of it. And all these laws are purely arbitrary. Its circumstance rather than choice that counts. Doesn't seem right to me.

Filed: Other Timeline

The Certificate of Naturalization and the Certificate of Citizenship both have one primary and one secondary purpose.

The primary purpose is to serve as proof of US citizenship when applying for the first US Passport. After the first passport has been issued, that one will serve as proof of citizenship for the second one and all other purposes henceforwarth.

The secondary purpose of the Certificate is to work as an irreplaceable worst case scenario backup. If your house burns down to the ground, or is swallowed by a Tsunami, or mother Earth after an earthquake, you go to your bank and get the Certificate to get a new passport.

Ideally, and that's what I now always recommend, is to get a US passport book and a US passport card. The Certificate goes in the bank safe, the passport in the safest place at home, and the card at another place. This way you have 3 independent proofs of US citizenship of which you only use the handy passport card.

For any purposes, the passport is as good as proof of Citizenship as it gets. There is really no need to ever get the Certificate out of the bank safe, except if a disaster stroke and you have no other proof of Citizenship anymore.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

For what they charge would thing that would put it in a burn, tsunami, or earthquake proof case.

Or a least bang out a couple more copies they will mail you for free in cased yours is lost or damaged.

Filed: Other Timeline

For what they charge would thing that would put it in a burn, tsunami, or earthquake proof case.

Or a least bang out a couple more copies they will mail you for free in cased yours is lost or damaged.

Good point, Nick!

If you go to USCIS with your original certificate, you can ask for certified copies of it, free of charge! They look like the original, but don't have the photo.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.