Ready to do it

K1 questions

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

1) Is there a way to make it so when I try to print the G-325A and I-129F that each of the boxes doesn't have that greyish-blue looking color filled in. I think it is making my printed copy too light and I don't know how to fix that.

2) On I-129F Cover page... the sample frequently says... (Petitioner) or (Beneficiary). Is that exactly what I write or do I put our names in place of Petitioner and Beneficiary?

3) Can everything be dated about 30 days ago or is there a timeframe they have to be dated and then sent. I.e. Dated within last 2 weeks, 1 month etc when USCIS receives everything?

4) Does it matter whether we sign in black or blue

5) Does it matter whether we use black or blue when writing our names on the back of passport photos

6) In the "How did you meet"... instead of attaching an extra sheet. I simply wrote in the box that we met 5 years ago online and then face to face for the first time in July 2006. I rented an apartment there for 3 months to be with her and then have traveled there to see her 3-5 times per year over the last 5 years. See "Proof of meeting and ongoing relationship documents" for exact dates.

And then in the "Proof of meeting and ongoing relationship" area of my packet I have a word document of every date of entry and departure into her country, all pages of my "new" passport showing stamps etc- (3 years old as I lost my old one), all the itineraries and boarding passes I could find (about 75% of them), 4-5 pictures over the last 5 years... 1 each year, and lastly call logs from my phone over the last 5 years. Is that ok for the "How did you meet" question or do I really need to send an extra letter for that? Proof of meeting and ongoing relationship info sufficient?

7) My birth certificate specifically says... Warning: It is illegal to duplicate this copy.... so I should duplicate it and send it in, correct? Also the back of my birth certificate is blank, so should I just put a blank page behind the duplicated front page and write on it "Back of Birth Certificate is blank."

Hopefully that is all the questions. Wow, this really is a process.

Thanks for the great responses.

Service Center : Vermont Service Center

Consulate : Bogota, Colombia

I-129F Sent : 2011-04-27

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

1) Is there a way to make it so when I try to print the G-325A and I-129F that each of the boxes doesn't have that greyish-blue looking color filled in. I think it is making my printed copy too light and I don't know how to fix that.

2) On I-129F Cover page... the sample frequently says... (Petitioner) or (Beneficiary). Is that exactly what I write or do I put our names in place of Petitioner and Beneficiary?

3) Can everything be dated about 30 days ago or is there a timeframe they have to be dated and then sent. I.e. Dated within last 2 weeks, 1 month etc when USCIS receives everything?

5) Does it matter whether we use black or blue when writing our names on the back of passport photos

6) In the "How did you meet"... instead of attaching an extra sheet. I simply wrote in the box that we met 5 years ago online and then face to face for the first time in July 2006. I rented an apartment there for 3 months to be with her and then have traveled there to see her 3-5 times per year over the last 5 years. See "Proof of meeting and ongoing relationship documents" for exact dates.

And then in the "Proof of meeting and ongoing relationship" area of my packet I have a word document of every date of entry and departure into her country, all pages of my "new" passport showing stamps etc- (3 years old as I lost my old one), all the itineraries and boarding passes I could find (about 75% of them), 4-5 pictures over the last 5 years... 1 each year, and lastly call logs from my phone over the last 5 years. Is that ok for the "How did you meet" question or do I really need to send an extra letter for that? Proof of meeting and ongoing relationship info sufficient?

7) My birth certificate specifically says... Warning: It is illegal to duplicate this copy.... so I should duplicate it and send it in, correct? Also the back of my birth certificate is blank, so should I just put a blank page behind the duplicated front page and write on it "Back of Birth Certificate is blank."

Hopefully that is all the questions. Wow, this really is a process.

Thanks for the great responses.

I'll try and answer the questions I have answers to, based on what my husband and I did for our K1 petition.

Instead of Petitioner and Beneficiary, we put our own, full, names.

We dated everything on the actual date we did the forms, because we did then a few days before sending them.

We signed in black. I can't remember not if it matters. We never got an RFE for writing in black.

I used black pen (felt tip so to not indent the pictures) on the photos, both passport and the photos of us having met.

For the "how we met question" we answered in direct relation to the stipulation of the criteria of having met in the two years prior to filing. They really don't care about anything before that.

As for proof of having met....we showed about five pictures of us, a copy of our rental agreement that was two years old at the time, and passport stamps and boarding passes from me flying back and forth. We also had boarding passes from us both flying together within the US. We also showed emails between us during the two year time period, as well as phone records. You don't need to show all five years worth, it's overkill, and just more weight to have to send.

I just copied the front of both of our birth certificates. I assume that the illegal to copy stipulation is to stop people from making fakes? Because during your life you need to make copies of you birth certificate and other similar documents all the time to prove identity.

Anyways, thats the short version of what we did. Applied August 2009, Visa approved December 2009, no RFE's :)

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

= before you print, choose file, print and when you're on the print window = choose preferences and tick the option greyscale, if you dont want the bluish hue appearing on the paper.

= write your name as the petitioner and the name of the beneficiary

= not so sure about this.. on the forms there will be lines which asks for the date when you filled in the forms. some forms do - others dont

= for more professional looking document, i suggest black ink = just my 2cents worth

= for more professional looking document, i suggest black ink = just my 2cents worth

6)

= as much as you can document all proofs of your ongoing relationship (chats, emails, phone bills showing you"ve been calling her/ receipts, photos you've been sending each other, i think that can help.

= do you have any offices you can request copies of your birth certificate? there should be one office which can process you document

im just starting my journey myself and i hope somehow i can be of help with my answers :D

SERVICE CENTER : California

CONSULATE : Manila

MARRIAGE : Feb 15, 2010

I -130 SENT : April 26, 2011

NOA 1 : May 1, 2011

TOUCHED : May 5, 2011

NOA2 : August 1, 2011

Our I-130 was approved in 92 days from our NOA1 date.

CASE NUMBER ASSSIGNED : Sept. 12, 2011

EMAILED DS3032 : October 6, 2011

AOS FEE BILL PAID : October 11, 2011

IV FEE BILL PAID : October 24, 2011

NVC received AOS and IV packs = Nov. 3, 2011

NVC RESPONSE = Nov. 8, 2011 - RFE for missing proof of relationship with co-sponsor

Mailed RFE file = Nov. 9, 2011

NVC received RFE = November 14, 2011, 9:54 am, PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801

CASE CLOSED = Nov. 18, 2011 :D

MEDICAL EXAM = Dec 20-21, 2011 = PASSED!!!

INTERVIEW DATE = January 6, 2012 = APPROVED!!! ----Our interview took 250 days from our I-130 NOA1 date.

VISA PRODUCTION = January 6,2012

VISA DELIVERY = January 11, 2012

POE = Feb.18, 2012

SSN Received = Feb 25, 2012

GC received = April 5, 2012 (incorrect data entry :((, sent back April 9, 2012)

CORRECT GC RECEIVED = August 22, 2012, granted IR1 (10 year gc)

that's where our USCIS process ends for now.. will wait for the next 3-4 years what we'll do next...

9choykrk1el55.png

um4z3ia1n.png

event.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

I have a different K-1 related question but didn't want to start a new thread. My fella and I have been together for awhile (about a year and a half) and I've been doing a ton of research for a long time now. One of the websites I was reading (http://www.usavisanow.com/k-1-fiance-visa/) states:

"K-1 Fiance Visa VISA INELIGIBILITY/WAIVER

Applicants who have a communicable disease, or have a dangerous physical or mental disorder; are drug addicts; have committed serious criminal acts, including crimes involving moral turpitude, drug trafficking, and prostitution; are likely to become a public charge; have used fraud or other illegal means to enter the United States; or are ineligible for citizenship, must be refused a visa."

The part I bolded is making me think. I have never used illegal means to enter the United States. I've always entered and left in a legal and timely manner. However, when I was travelling with my boyfriend once, I was denied entry on land because I did not have sufficient ties to Canada or proof that I had a definite return date. Since then I've gone 4 times and all 4 times I went through the secondary inspection and passed. I've also had my Canadian passport stamped on my entry back into Canada just to prove that I did, in fact, return.

I'm worried that the fact that I'm red flagged might be an issue in the K-1 application and that they might reject it. Apparently, and I asked one of the border patrol officers this, if I were to apply for a TN status were I to ever get an appropriate job, and I had all the information they require with job offer in hand, the red-flag wouldn't be a deterrent. So I'm hoping he wasn't lying to me and that it would be the same for a K-1 visa.

Thanks so much!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I have a different K-1 related question but didn't want to start a new thread. My fella and I have been together for awhile (about a year and a half) and I've been doing a ton of research for a long time now. One of the websites I was reading (http://www.usavisanow.com/k-1-fiance-visa/) states:

"K-1 Fiance Visa VISA INELIGIBILITY/WAIVER

Applicants who have a communicable disease, or have a dangerous physical or mental disorder; are drug addicts; have committed serious criminal acts, including crimes involving moral turpitude, drug trafficking, and prostitution; are likely to become a public charge; have used fraud or other illegal means to enter the United States; or are ineligible for citizenship, must be refused a visa."

The part I bolded is making me think. I have never used illegal means to enter the United States. I've always entered and left in a legal and timely manner. However, when I was travelling with my boyfriend once, I was denied entry on land because I did not have sufficient ties to Canada or proof that I had a definite return date. Since then I've gone 4 times and all 4 times I went through the secondary inspection and passed. I've also had my Canadian passport stamped on my entry back into Canada just to prove that I did, in fact, return.

I'm worried that the fact that I'm red flagged might be an issue in the K-1 application and that they might reject it. Apparently, and I asked one of the border patrol officers this, if I were to apply for a TN status were I to ever get an appropriate job, and I had all the information they require with job offer in hand, the red-flag wouldn't be a deterrent. So I'm hoping he wasn't lying to me and that it would be the same for a K-1 visa.

Thanks so much!

You never used fraud to enter, so you will be fine. Plenty of Canadians have been in the same situation as you :)

Married February 20, 2010

Permanent Resident April 22, 2010

Naturalized Citizen January 14, 2014

Proud Dual Citizen of Australia and the USA!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

You never used fraud to enter, so you will be fine. Plenty of Canadians have been in the same situation as you :)

Oh, that's wonderful news! :D Ever since reading that, it's been tearing a hole of anxiety into my chest, haha. And yes, I had been told stories from a woman working in the nearby hotel I was waiting at to be picked up from when I was denied. She said "you're not the first, and you definitely won't be the last." Slightly depressing.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.