Twodice

NVC Filers - March 2011

539 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Ah, yes. Your lawyer uses this payment portal to pay the bills. You can find it here: https://ceac.state.gov/CTRAC/Invoice/signon.aspx

Ahhhhhhhh!!! Thank you very much! :thumbs:

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Ahhhhhhhh!!! Thank you very much! :thumbs:

You're welcome! :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

AOS and IV fees paid. Mailing off I864 packet today. Things are finally starting to move. Yay :dance:

Originally Filed with California Service Center

London, United Kingdom Consulate

July 22 2010 - Married

USCIS

Aug 20 2010 - I-130 Sent to CSC

Aug 26 2010 - NOA1 Received

Sep 01 2010 - Touched

Nov 03 2010 - Transferred to TSC

Nov 30 2010 - Touched

Feb 09 2011 - Transferred back to CSC

Feb 16 2011 - NOA2 Received

NVC

Mar 07 2011 - NVC Case# assigned

Mar 11 2011 - Emailed DS3032

Mar 14 2011 - DS3032 received and Paid AOS fee

Mar 15 2011 - AOS fee marked PAID and Paid IV fee

Mar 16 2011 - Mailed AOS packet

Mar 17 2011 - IV fee marked PAID

Mar 18 2011 - Mailed IV packet and scheduled medical

Mar 29 2011 - AOS received

Apr 01 2011 - Medical in London

Apr 06 2011 - IV packet received and RFE

Apr 26 2011 - Mailed reply for RFE

May 11 2011 - RFE information received

May 12 2011 - SIF and CC

May 13 2011 - Interview date set for June 17th

Jun 17 2011 - Visa denied

USCIS

Jun 27 2011 - Hired lawyer

Jul 28 2011 - Mailed I601 waiver

Feb 19 2012 - RFE

Mar 05 2012 - Mailed reply for RFE

Mar 21 2012 - Waiver approved

Apr 02 2012 - Medical #2 in London

Apr 03 2012 - Courier Passport to embassy

Apr 24 2012 - Passport with visa received

Apr 30 2012 - Flight to US - FINALLY!!!!

AOS and IV fees paid. Mailing off I864 packet today. Things are finally starting to move. Yay :dance:

Grats! Make sure you print off the cover sheet from the payment portal and include that as the first page in your package!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

hi guys pls someone help , i received this letter from nvc today kind of a check list but no list they are not requesting any thing is that normal or it was sent in erro pls help i call and they said the case is complet and is in final review i an still worried did you guys get this befor sign in failed pls help. thanks guys

Dear RUTH O SCOTT:

We have reviewed the documents which you submitted in support of an application for an immigrant

visa. Please review the information listed under each applicant's name and provide any documents

which are indicated as missing or need additional information. You must submit the required

information. Failure to provide the requested information will delay your immigrant visa interview.

Please read the enclosed information to determine where to send all required copies of missing

documents. If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call the National Visa Center at (603)

334-0700 between the hours of 7:30am and midnight ET.

Please include a copy of this letter with your correspondence and write your case number clearly (exactly

as it appears below) on the upper right-hand corner of all documents.

From the date you mail or transmit the requested information, please allow 20 business days for NVC to

review this documentation/your mail. When we complete our review, the NVC will notify

you/petitioner/beneficiary/attorney with information regarding the next processing step.

If a period of one year passes without contacting the NVC (by e-mail, telephone, or mail), all

submitted fees and documents will expire. Upon expiration, the fees and documents would need to

be resubmitted in order to continue the immigration process.

Case Number: LGS2011535006

Beneficiary's Name: AIKOYE, SALISU ADEJO

Preference Category: CR1 - CONDITIONAL SPOUSE OF U.S. CITIZEN

Priority Date: 08MAR2010

NATIONAL VISA CENTER

ATTN. CMR

31 ROCHESTER AVENUE, STE 100

PORTSMOUTH, NH 03801-2914

(Checklist Letter Response)

CR1

SALISU ADEJO AIKOYE

[VLS 03/16/2011]

Edited by omo

I've got a question for anyone who can help. I'm working my way through the NVC (I've sent everything out and am just waiting on NVC to finish their end), but thinking ahead to the next steps, I'm a little hazy on how it's all going to work out.

I was just looking at the US Embassy in London website, and it says that "The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until they have received the results of the medical examination."

I'm confused now because I was under the impression that we had to wait for an interview date before my husband could schedule his medical. I also realize that different consulates follow different procedures, though. Can anyone help me with this or direct me to the right place to look? I know this is probably discussed somewhere else on VJ, but I don't have time right now to read through thousands of threads, so I thought I would appeal to the experts first. Thanks!

USCIS171 days
08.03.2010: Sent I-130 (Received at Chicago Lockbox on 08.05.2010 – Priority Date)
08.24.2010: NOA1 – Notice Date (Case transferred from CSC to TSC on 11.02.2010 and back to CSC on 02.07.2011)
02.11.2011: NOA2 – Approved! (hard copy received on 02.17.2011)

NVC46 days
02.26.2011: Got NVC case number from AVR (entered on 02.24.2011)
02.28.2011: Called operator to give email addresses and get IIN; emailed beneficiary's change of address and DS-3032; received instruction emails from NVC; AOS fee bill invoiced and paid
03.01.2011: AOS fee shown as "paid"
03.03.2011: DS-3032 accepted; beneficiary's address updated by NVC; IV fee bill invoiced and paid
03.07.2011: IV fee shown as "paid"; AOS and IV packets sent out together via USPS Priority Mail (delivered on 03.09.2011)
03.22.2011: AVR and operator tells us we will receive an RFE
03.26.2011: Received RFE checklist via email (asking for PCCs from China and Taiwan)
03.28.2011: Sent checklist response via USPS Priority Mail (explaining/demonstrating that PCC should not be required)
04.10.2011: AVR message says that checklist response was received on 04.08.2011; sign in failed
04.11.2011: Case completed at NVC!
04.13.2011: Interview date assigned, received Packet 4 via email
04.25.2011: NVC sent case to embassy in London

Embassy – London, United Kingdom
05.23.2011: Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors
05.31.2011: Interview - APPROVED! (301 days from filing)
06.02.2011: Visa in hand
06.07.2011: POE at SFO

Removal of Conditions

04.16.2013: Sent I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

04.18.2013: I-751 packet received at VSC (check cleared on 05.03)

05.04.2013: Received NOA1 (dated 04.19)

05.11.2013: Received biometrics appointment notice for 06.05.2013 (notice dated 05.08)

05.13.2013: Completed biometrics as a walk-in (would have been out of town for scheduled appointment)

08.21.2013: APPROVED! (Received email update that USCIS has ordered production of new card)

I've got a question for anyone who can help. I'm working my way through the NVC (I've sent everything out and am just waiting on NVC to finish their end), but thinking ahead to the next steps, I'm a little hazy on how it's all going to work out.

I was just looking at the US Embassy in London website, and it says that "The medical examination must take place before the visa interview. The Embassy will not schedule the interview until they have received the results of the medical examination."

I'm confused now because I was under the impression that we had to wait for an interview date before my husband could schedule his medical. I also realize that different consulates follow different procedures, though. Can anyone help me with this or direct me to the right place to look? I know this is probably discussed somewhere else on VJ, but I don't have time right now to read through thousands of threads, so I thought I would appeal to the experts first. Thanks!

I never heard of that before. Is there a number you can call for the Embassy in London to confirm this? Perhaps asking someone else here that's gone through London? It just doesn't make sense to me, but who knows. Sorry, I couldn't be much help, but I don't know anything about London medicals and interviews.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

hi guys pls someone help , i received this letter from nvc today kind of a check list but no list they are not requesting any thing is that normal or it was sent in erro pls help i call and they said the case is complet and is in final review i an still worried did you guys get this befor sign in failed pls help. thanks guys

"If you have any questions regarding this letter, please call the National Visa Center at (603) 334-0700 between the hours of 7:30am and midnight ET." Try it, it works.

Timeline

According to the Q&A section of the instructions, it says...

Why I am being asked to schedule the medical examination when the Embassy has not yet scheduled the visa interview? The medical results will be valid for 12 months and it will help to speed up the final processing of your application if we have received them before the visa interview, however, it is not compulsory. link to PDF

Edited by _Erick_

I never heard of that before. Is there a number you can call for the Embassy in London to confirm this? Perhaps asking someone else here that's gone through London? It just doesn't make sense to me, but who knows. Sorry, I couldn't be much help, but I don't know anything about London medicals and interviews.

Yeah, I should try doing that. I have a feeling that that information is totally incorrect. And it's OK, we don't expect you to know everything about every embassy and consulate, although I think you are pretty close to that. Thanks anyway!

According to the Q&A section of the instructions, it says...

Why I am being asked to schedule the medical examination when the Embassy has not yet scheduled the visa interview? The medical results will be valid for 12 months and it will help to speed up the final processing of your application if we have received them before the visa interview, however, it is not compulsory. link to PDF

Yes, I saw that as well... contradictions everywhere! I think it's more likely that you CAN schedule the medical before the interview date is assigned, but that you don't have to. I'll just have to start stalking some people who have gone through the process in London to see what their experience was like. Thanks!

USCIS171 days
08.03.2010: Sent I-130 (Received at Chicago Lockbox on 08.05.2010 – Priority Date)
08.24.2010: NOA1 – Notice Date (Case transferred from CSC to TSC on 11.02.2010 and back to CSC on 02.07.2011)
02.11.2011: NOA2 – Approved! (hard copy received on 02.17.2011)

NVC46 days
02.26.2011: Got NVC case number from AVR (entered on 02.24.2011)
02.28.2011: Called operator to give email addresses and get IIN; emailed beneficiary's change of address and DS-3032; received instruction emails from NVC; AOS fee bill invoiced and paid
03.01.2011: AOS fee shown as "paid"
03.03.2011: DS-3032 accepted; beneficiary's address updated by NVC; IV fee bill invoiced and paid
03.07.2011: IV fee shown as "paid"; AOS and IV packets sent out together via USPS Priority Mail (delivered on 03.09.2011)
03.22.2011: AVR and operator tells us we will receive an RFE
03.26.2011: Received RFE checklist via email (asking for PCCs from China and Taiwan)
03.28.2011: Sent checklist response via USPS Priority Mail (explaining/demonstrating that PCC should not be required)
04.10.2011: AVR message says that checklist response was received on 04.08.2011; sign in failed
04.11.2011: Case completed at NVC!
04.13.2011: Interview date assigned, received Packet 4 via email
04.25.2011: NVC sent case to embassy in London

Embassy – London, United Kingdom
05.23.2011: Medical at Knightsbridge Doctors
05.31.2011: Interview - APPROVED! (301 days from filing)
06.02.2011: Visa in hand
06.07.2011: POE at SFO

Removal of Conditions

04.16.2013: Sent I-751 packet to Vermont Service Center

04.18.2013: I-751 packet received at VSC (check cleared on 05.03)

05.04.2013: Received NOA1 (dated 04.19)

05.11.2013: Received biometrics appointment notice for 06.05.2013 (notice dated 05.08)

05.13.2013: Completed biometrics as a walk-in (would have been out of town for scheduled appointment)

08.21.2013: APPROVED! (Received email update that USCIS has ordered production of new card)

Yeah, I should try doing that. I have a feeling that that information is totally incorrect. And it's OK, we don't expect you to know everything about every embassy and consulate, although I think you are pretty close to that. Thanks anyway!

Yes, I saw that as well... contradictions everywhere! I think it's more likely that you CAN schedule the medical before the interview date is assigned, but that you don't have to. I'll just have to start stalking some people who have gone through the process in London to see what their experience was like. Thanks!

I wish I knew everything about every consulate/embassy. I have lots of free time, but not that much laughing.gif

Happy stalking! :P

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

LOL @ stalking. If you follow the rules on the Consulate/Embassy webpage, then you can't go wrong. If I were you, I would do the medical portion now. The sooner the Doctor sends the results to the Embassy/Consulate... the sooner you "should" get your interview.... just my opinon though. Good luck either way.

Edited by _Erick_

So, that's two countries now that I know of that can do advance medicals: Philippines and the UK. Interesting, interesting....

Timeline

So, that's two countries now that I know of that can do advance medicals: Philippines and the UK. Interesting, interesting....

Now... if I could just get them to include Brazil in the advance medical and the electronic processing.... I would be golden :rofl:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.