ThailandMatthew

I-864: Statement and/or Evidence re: Not Req. to File US Taxes

37 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Thailand
Timeline

"US citizens are taxed on their worldwide income."

But my income is taxed by the Thai government and therefore cannot be taxed again by another government. No?

I mean, what I think is, I need to file the way I was filling out the forms - show foreign earned income, and 'delete' it all back to '0' on my 1040.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Just follow the instructions for foreign income and any offsetting taxes that MIGHT be allowed. It is really simple once you get into it--better get stated though--the clock is ticking.

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: Timeline

This may be a silly question..

I have sent my I-129F in months ago, been approved and sent to the embassy in Tokyo. They mailed my fiancée the paperwork she will need for interview. I am now working on the I-134 (for support) and other paperwork she will need, and I came across this topic.

When is the I-864 required?

Seems like soso same thing as I-134.

Forgive my ignorance.

Any help will be appreciated.

Also, I read somewhere on here that they won't except a co-sponsor with the I-134.

Hope that's not true!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

This may be a silly question..

I have sent my I-129F in months ago, been approved and sent to the embassy in Tokyo. They mailed my fiancée the paperwork she will need for interview. I am now working on the I-134 (for support) and other paperwork she will need, and I came across this topic.

When is the I-864 required?

Seems like soso same thing as I-134.

Forgive my ignorance.

Any help will be appreciated.

Also, I read somewhere on here that they won't except a co-sponsor with the I-134.

Hope that's not true!

As you read, it's critical to detect and follow context. For a fiancee case, the I-134 is used in the process of obtaining the visa, and yes, Yokyo will accept a cosponsor. Once she's here and you're married, you'll use the I-864 when filing to adjust her status.

You've been reading a thread of messages all about a spouse visa process. Yours is a different animal.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

I need a co-sponsor for my I-864, does it matter who it is? We are having trouble finding relatives of his (that are here in the states) that can do it, and my friend said she'd do it. Will they care that it is a friend of mine rather than a relative?

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I need a co-sponsor for my I-864, does it matter who it is? We are having trouble finding relatives of his (that are here in the states) that can do it, and my friend said she'd do it. Will they care that it is a friend of mine rather than a relative?

Can be any US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident currently living in the USA, with a relationship that makes it plausible they would be willing to provide support if needed. A willing friend meets that criteria.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Can be any US Citizen or Legal Permanent Resident currently living in the USA, with a relationship that makes it plausible they would be willing to provide support if needed. A willing friend meets that criteria.

Thanks, I figured so much, but then I read someone write in one of these forms that the officers don't look to kindly on friends being sponsors and it kinda freaked me out since this is the only issue we've been having so far. Since I was living in the country I could do the all the paperwork directly from the consulate. Our marriage certificate took a month to become ready, a week to get it, along with other papers translated, brought in the I-130 and had it approved on the spot, then given the actual Immigrant Visa form with an appointment for 2 weeks later, went to that appointment and waited only 2 weeks to hear back from them that they were ready to give us the medical stuff. It's taken us almost the same amount of time to find a co-sponsor as it had to do the visa process up to that point. At this point of time, I'm even willingly (even though its not preferable), to give up on the process until I can be the solo sponsor (which may take up to 3 years to accomplish, since I am going to grad school). Anyway, thanks for your advice and any other advice (at least dealing with sponsors would be great.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.