militarygf

expedite criteria pls?

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi! I was browsing through topics, and came across the thread for expedite request...

Beau will be in another state next month for a 2 week military training, and another 2 weeks or so in May at a different state; he said its a war simulation program. With the mention of "war" I of course, got worried but he said its a pre-deployment training. Upon researching the net however, there had been a lot of critics about the said program, and was repeatedly referred as deployment. He isn't sure whether they will be given passes, communication access, or other "luxuries" or if it will be a locked out training.

I'd like to ask if military activities such as the above mentioned can qualify for an expedite? With the delay in processing at Vermont, and their unit's frequent pre-deployment trainings lately, I am fretting that ours will come when they are just about to be deployed already :crying:

This is jumping the gun, but if the war simulation exercise is indeed a deployment w/in US or that we would not have any means of communication during the exercises, would it be possible to send a new cover letter stating the above condition?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

9/14/02 - became a couple

5/2/06 - his migration :(

6/17/09 to 12/1/09 - wonderful period of living together in US!

11/28/10 - I-129F sent to Lewisville,TX via UPS

11/30/10 - package received

12/02/10 - cheque encashed

12/7/10 - electronic confirmation of package; routed to VSC

12/9/10 - touched (?)

12/9/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military installation

12/30/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military unit

1/05/11 - NOA1 hard copy finally reached his maibox, yey!

2/25/11- called military helpline to request expedite I-129f processing

/28/11 - received USCIS letter requesting documents to support expedite request

3/11/11 - faxed documents to USCIS

3/22/11 - approval notification of expedite request received through mail

3/25/11 - approval email notification of expedite request

3/28/11 - I-129F petition for fiancee application approved!!! a step closer!!!

4/4/11 - VSC sent to Manila

5/04/11 - Medical at St. Luke's (passed!)

5/05/11 - vaccination

5/17/11 - USEM Interview, approved!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Expedite Criteria

All expedite requests are reviewed on a case-by-case basis, and are granted at the discretion of the Director. The burden is on the applicant or petitioner to demonstrate that one or more of the expedite criteria have been met. The criteria are as follows:

• Severe financial loss to company or individual
  • Extreme emergent situation
  • Humanitarian situation
  • Nonprofit status of requesting organization in furtherance of the cultural and social interests of the United States
  • Department of Defense or National Interest Situation (Note: Request must come from official United States Government entity and state that delay will be detrimental to our Government)
  • USCIS error
  • Compelling interest of USCIS

If you have already filed your application or petition:

You can make an expedite request by contacting the National Customer Service Center (NCSC) at 1-800-375-5283. The NCSC will take a “service request” and forward your expedite request to the office with jurisdiction over the application or petition. You also have the options of 1). visiting your local office by scheduling an InfoPass appointment or 2). writing a letter to the local office or service center.

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=16a6b1be1ce85210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD

More: http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.eb1d4c2a3e5b9ac89243c6a7543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=f1a03e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=f1a03e4d77d73210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi! I was browsing through topics, and came across the thread for expedite request...

Beau will be in another state next month for a 2 week military training, and another 2 weeks or so in May at a different state; he said its a war simulation program. With the mention of "war" I of course, got worried but he said its a pre-deployment training. Upon researching the net however, there had been a lot of critics about the said program, and was repeatedly referred as deployment. He isn't sure whether they will be given passes, communication access, or other "luxuries" or if it will be a locked out training.

I'd like to ask if military activities such as the above mentioned can qualify for an expedite? With the delay in processing at Vermont, and their unit's frequent pre-deployment trainings lately, I am fretting that ours will come when they are just about to be deployed already :crying:

This is jumping the gun, but if the war simulation exercise is indeed a deployment w/in US or that we would not have any means of communication during the exercises, would it be possible to send a new cover letter stating the above condition?

Any help will be very much appreciated.

Check out this website:

http://www.uscis.gov/files/article/faqmilitaryandfamiliesupdate.pdf

It seems to have information on military expedites.

kitsig.jpg

K-1 Visa/ AOS Timeline:
(Detailed info on our timeline can be found here: About us)

ROC Timeline:

02/10/2014 - ROC Sent.

02/12/2014 - NOA1 Date.

03/11/2014 - Biometrics Date.

05/28/2014 - Card Production.

Timeline

YuandDan and Twocats, thank you so much for the fast reply and helpful links :thumbs: ! Beau should read and discuss the info w/ his higher ups in the hope that someone will help us. i hope that the military activity will be considered for humanitarian reasons. Its hard enough to be in a long distance relationship; stress and worry when they have official orders make the ordeal more difficult by a hundred fold.

thanks again, and may we all have a blessed journey :)

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Timeline

YuandDan and Twocats, thank you so much for the fast reply and helpful links :thumbs: ! Beau should read and discuss the info w/ his higher ups in the hope that someone will help us. i hope that the military activity will be considered for humanitarian reasons. Its hard enough to be in a long distance relationship; stress and worry when they have official orders make the ordeal more difficult by a hundred fold.

thanks again, and may we all have a blessed journey :)

I believe an act of war needs to be declared. So far we have two going on; Iraq and afghanistan. If they are sending you to one of those then you are in like Flynn. But why would you want to bring your fiance here while you are deployed to a war zone? I would just wait until you got back home. From a combat veteran.

event.png

event.png

Timeline

I believe an act of war needs to be declared. So far we have two going on; Iraq and afghanistan. If they are sending you to one of those then you are in like Flynn. But why would you want to bring your fiance here while you are deployed to a war zone? I would just wait until you got back home. From a combat veteran.

hi, thank you for your concerned reply :) I am the gf, the beneficiary, and presently in PI. My man, a naturalized USC, is the military member. There had been no orders for war zone deployment, thank goodness, but they have been doing a lot of these pre-deployment trainings, which prompted me to start the thread. Fiance told me that the upcoming exercises in March and May are trainings; I got concerned because articles from the net stated as "deployment in US grounds" and had gained criticism. We do not know how strict the higher ups will be during these "exercises", and I felt some hope with the links that YuandDan and TwoCats provided, that his situation may fall under humanitarian reasons. Of course, fiance still needs to discuss this with his superiors. We can only hope someone in authority will help us by writing a recommendation.

I would really want to be near my soldier, whether these exercises are for deployment in the near future or not. I'd like him to be comfortable and relaxed when he gets home from work, in a totally different environment...living in barracks gives him few comforts and luxuries and adds stress. i am sure that as a combat veteran, you understand where i am coming from. :whistle: We have also been in a committal relationship for almost 9 years, half of that is overseas. We both feel that there is no best time but now.

Again, thank you for the reply and more power. HOAH! :)

Edited by militarygf

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Serbia
Timeline

hi, thank you for your concerned reply :) I am the gf, the beneficiary, and presently in PI. My man, a naturalized USC, is the military member. There had been no orders for war zone deployment, thank goodness, but they have been doing a lot of these pre-deployment trainings, which prompted me to start the thread. Fiance told me that the upcoming exercises in March and May are trainings; I got concerned because articles from the net stated as "deployment in US grounds" and had gained criticism. We do not know how strict the higher ups will be during these "exercises", and I felt some hope with the links that YuandDan and TwoCats provided, that his situation may fall under humanitarian reasons. Of course, fiance still needs to discuss this with his superiors. We can only hope someone in authority will help us by writing a recommendation.

I would really want to be near my soldier, whether these exercises are for deployment in the near future or not. I'd like him to be comfortable and relaxed when he gets home from work, in a totally different environment...living in barracks gives him few comforts and luxuries and adds stress. i am sure that as a combat veteran, you understand where i am coming from. :whistle: We have also been in a committal relationship for almost 9 years, half of that is overseas. We both feel that there is no best time but now.

In such case, I don't see a reason for an expedite: he is just doing his job at the moment, like all the other people

Timeline

In such case, I don't see a reason for an expedite: he is just doing his job at the moment, like all the other people

thank you for your honest opinion bt1 :) We are hoping that USCIS will see the situation otherwise for 2 reasons:

1) The above mentioned exercises had been called as deployment in US grounds. He does not have the official orders yet, I looked up for the term in the net, and was shocked with what i read and saw...with the number of troops they send for these "war simulation exercises" (70,000)if I remember it right, they do not look like trainings only; more like war combat :crying:

2) Exercises and trainings such as these sometimes lock them out from everything and everyone else. just like in wars, i suppose. We shall hope that non-communication will be considered for humanitarian reasons.

We will call military helpline of course, and he will discuss it with his superiors. At worst, the helpline and his superiors will tell him, "we are sorry, but you are not qualified for an expedite." Then we sit again and wait. We will ask just the same so we wont have regrets later on for not exploring all possibilities.

Thanks again, and good luck with your journey.:)

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Timeline

I think it is worth a try. The worse they can do is say No. :) I understand where you are coming from and I certainly will be worried if I were in your shoes. Though we haven't personally filed for an expedite and are waiting just like the rest, I know there is someone here in VJ who is in the military and who got the expedite approved. They had his higher up write a letter for him that says he is unable to concentrate at work because of stress (waiting for the approval and some unfortunate circumstance the fiancee has gone through). He doesn't have military orders but still they got approved. They used the DoD interest in the expedite criteria. Just make sure you write a good explanation of his situation (eg. No communication during training). Good luck with your journey :)

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

Service members can get an expedite even if Congress has not declared war. Congress has not declared war on either Iraq or Afghanistan yet there are VJers who have received expedites because they are being deployed to a "war zone."

By the way, the phrase is "in like Flint." James Coburn played Derek Flint in the 1967 movie.

Timeline

INCONUS deployments are possible. Deployments within the continental US. But combat within CONUS? Sounds unusual to me. I would give it a try though. Show them the orders and maybe they will grant you what you want. Hope all goes well for you and yours!!

event.png

event.png

Hi Militarygf!

I can completely relate with you. I am from PI as well and my hubby is in the Navy. Very well said!!

I would gladly appreciate your updates as I'll be needing to expedite ours, I think.

Cici

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Timeline

I think it is worth a try. The worse they can do is say No. :) I understand where you are coming from and I certainly will be worried if I were in your shoes. Though we haven't personally filed for an expedite and are waiting just like the rest, I know there is someone here in VJ who is in the military and who got the expedite approved. They had his higher up write a letter for him that says he is unable to concentrate at work because of stress (waiting for the approval and some unfortunate circumstance the fiancee has gone through). He doesn't have military orders but still they got approved. They used the DoD interest in the expedite criteria. Just make sure you write a good explanation of his situation (eg. No communication during training). Good luck with your journey :)

Hi militarygf.......I too think it's worth a try. Good luck to you and your fiancé in getting the expedite. :thumbs:

INCONUS deployments are possible. Deployments within the continental US. But combat within CONUS? Sounds unusual to me. I would give it a try though. Show them the orders and maybe they will grant you what you want. Hope all goes well for you and yours!!

Hi Militarygf!

I can completely relate with you. I am from PI as well and my hubby is in the Navy. Very well said!!

I would gladly appreciate your updates as I'll be needing to expedite ours, I think.

Cici

Thank you all so much for the encouragement. As it is, we hardly have 30 mins a day to chat or send SMS..the undgodly 14 hrs difference between us makes it extremely difficult to have a decent chat on weekdays. Fiance isnt a fresh out of HS 20 something who can keep long hours in the evening and have the energy to wake up at 4 and do PT exercises :blush: The age difference between him and his peers make him sometimes feel like an outsider, and in an occupation where you are tested for mental and physical endurance, this is one source of stress he can do without.

@ extremerecluse,perhaps you can shed me some light about C-force? No written orders yet, but a sure thing this March. If you would not mind so, may I send you Friend request pls?

I will update you Jay & Cici, once fiance had sat down with his superiors.

Good luck to all of us in our journey. May we all have a less bumpy ride. Thanks again for your replies. :)

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.