Tom Davis

NOA 2 Received

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I have received my NOA 2 and my fiance is preparing to complete her packet to give to the embassy and I am gathering the documents she will need for her interview. I was curious if the I-134 Affidavit of Support is still required if I do not have a sponsor? Regardless here are the docs I currently have obtained, any additional tips would be greatly appreciated!

-Copy of my original packet sent to the USCIS

-Letters of Intent to Marry for both myself and fiance

-I-134 Affidavit of Support (I completed it regardless of whether I needed it or not)

-Welcome Letter from my company indicating pay rate and full time status

-Paystubs for the past 5 pay periods

-2010 Tax Transcript

-Bank statements indicating current balance in my checking and savings account, including a verification of deposits which states my average balances and life of my accounts

-Copy of NOA 2

-A dozen pictures from my 2 trips to Vietnam in 2010 and photos from our engagement ceremony back in 2008.

-Phone Bill statements for the past 6 months

-Originals of the letters and envelopes my fiance sent me. (I kept the copies for myself)

-Bank and Credit Card statements showing the purchases of my plane tickets. The receipts from the travel agency for my plane tickets

-Itinerary, boarding passes, and plane tickets from my trips between 2008-2010.

If there are any additional suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Davis

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to Vietnam forum, there you will find what makes interviewing in Vietnam different then most consulates.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

:dance::thumbs::dance::thumbs:

congratz!

N-400:
May 9, 2017: N-400 packet was sent
May 15, 2017: NOA1 
June 05, 2017: Biometric Done
June 19, 2017: Case is in Line for an Interview
June 25, 2018: USCIS Scheduled an Interview
Aug. 02, 2018: Interview Date- APPROVED!
Aug. 09, 2018: Oath Ceremony

My Group

My Blog

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance has received her instructions for Packet 3 but it has not been submitted. I am trying to gather the documents quickly because it takes approx 3 weeks for her to receive my documents when I send them to her. I need to verify the all the documentation I have gathered for her interview will be enough.

My fiance hired a lawyer to assist her with her packet, medical exam, etc. The lawyer does not speak English so he cannot assist me with additional paperwork I need to gather for her.

I have received my NOA 2 and my fiance is preparing to complete her packet to give to the embassy and I am gathering the documents she will need for her interview. I was curious if the I-134 Affidavit of Support is still required if I do not have a sponsor? Regardless here are the docs I currently have obtained, any additional tips would be greatly appreciated!

-Copy of my original packet sent to the USCIS

-Letters of Intent to Marry for both myself and fiance

-I-134 Affidavit of Support (I completed it regardless of whether I needed it or not)

-Welcome Letter from my company indicating pay rate and full time status

-Paystubs for the past 5 pay periods

-2010 Tax Transcript

-Bank statements indicating current balance in my checking and savings account, including a verification of deposits which states my average balances and life of my accounts

-Copy of NOA 2

-A dozen pictures from my 2 trips to Vietnam in 2010 and photos from our engagement ceremony back in 2008.

-Phone Bill statements for the past 6 months

-Originals of the letters and envelopes my fiance sent me. (I kept the copies for myself)

-Bank and Credit Card statements showing the purchases of my plane tickets. The receipts from the travel agency for my plane tickets

-Itinerary, boarding passes, and plane tickets from my trips between 2008-2010.

If there are any additional suggestions, they would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

Thomas Davis

Congrats --Best wishes .

-400 CITIZENSHIP TIMELINE

01-17-2015 = N-400 packet sent (to P.O. Box Dallas via USPS Priority Mail)
01-21-2015 = N-400 packet delivered
01/25/2015 = E confirmation / Text received

01/26/2015 = Check cashed .

02/02/2015 = NOA1 received (Priority Date 01/21/2015)
02/09/2015 = Biometrics Letter received .

02/18/2015 = Biometrics

02/20/2015 = In line for interview

04/10/2015 = Interview Letter received .

05/11/2015 =Interview .

05/11/2015 = Passed Interview
07/01/2015 = Oath letter received
07/24/2015 = Oath Cerememony

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My fiance has received her instructions for Packet 3 but it has not been submitted. I am trying to gather the documents quickly because it takes approx 3 weeks for her to receive my documents when I send them to her. I need to verify the all the documentation I have gathered for her interview will be enough.

My fiance hired a lawyer to assist her with her packet, medical exam, etc. The lawyer does not speak English so he cannot assist me with additional paperwork I need to gather for her.

3 weeks? What service are you using?

dont forget to include a notarized timeline of your relationship... and if you were recently divorced a document showing that your ex lives somewhere other than with you...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.