Daniel&Theary

Financial Proof and Letter of Employment

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

I know we still have time but I am still trying to get everything together we need as soon as possible. As far as financials go what do I need to send her for the interview. I have been told a few different things from only a few pay stubs to 3 year tax returns, I have all my w2 for the past 21 years since I have been at work but I do not have 3 years tax returns (but I did file them) and have not filed yet for 2010 cause I owe. Second part of question is letter from employer UPS does not have a letter head (for outside company use)my boss will sign a letter stating I have been there for 21 years and my salary information just not on a company letter head is this acceptable? Sorry I should add this is for the K1 visa. Thanks for all the help Daniel

Edited by Daniel&Theary

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Service Center : California Service Center

I-129F Sent : Feb 9,2011

I-129F Received :In Texas then sent to CSC Feb 11,2011

Check cashed and in Initial Review : Feb 16,2011

I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy : Feb 15 2011

TOUCHED 04/04/2011 Is it wrong to be happy to be touched by a stranger?

I-129F RFE(s) : None

I-129F NOA2 :05/27/2011

NVC Received :06/09/2011

NVC Left : 06/27/2011

Consulate Received : 07/01/2011

Packet 3 Received : 07/18/2011

Packet 3 Sent : 07/19/2011

Medical Exam : 07/19/2011

Packet 4 Received :07/25/2011

Interview Date :09/13/2011

Interview Result : Approved

Visa Received : 09\16\2011

US Entry : 09\20\2011

Marriage :09/22/2011

Filed: Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I know we still have time but I am still trying to get everything together we need as soon as possible. As far as financials go what do I need to send her for the interview. I have been told a few different things from only a few pay stubs to 3 year tax returns, I have all my w2 for the past 21 years since I have been at work but I do not have 3 years tax returns (but I did file them) and have not filed yet for 2010 cause I owe. Second part of question is letter from employer UPS does not have a letter head (for outside company use)my boss will sign a letter stating I have been there for 21 years and my salary information just not on a company letter head is this acceptable? Sorry I should add this is for the K1 visa. Thanks for all the help Daniel

Check out the following link for a guide http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

Also, I do not know how difficult your consulate is but it should not be hard to at least have your company's logo of some sort on the letter. This would make is look more official and less forged.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Well Daniel.. First I'll Say What a Pretty Lady Theary Is: But lets get to the question.

I might be Wrong, I might be Right..

You Only Recieved your NOA1 a few days ago. There is plenty of time. To get copies of your past Tax Returns :

http://www.irs.gov/individuals/article/0,,id=110571,00.html

I'm sure you well over Poverty Guildlines. Save every paystub. Your Tax Returns will show who you worked for as well. Why, your Employer won't do a letterhead after 21 years baffles me.

Don't worry about 2010 taxes, they wont come up and if you feel you (which you should ) make a payment arrangement.

2010 Income and Currant Income will come up. Don't send Theary to that Interview with no Ammunition.

If your Income is Sufficient then it would be a good idea to keep logs of your communication in the mean time.

Good Luck Dan

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

Ordering tax transcripts from the IRS is free and easy. Having the last three years is best.

Speak with someone in Human Resources at UPS and explain that citizen and immigration services is requesting the letter be typed on company stationary. Hopefully they will obligingly do it.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I'm going through this process myself. I send last 3 paystubs, last 3 bank statements, last 3 filed income tax returns. If you need transcripts get them right away, they take 4-6 weeks to receive them and their's no cost. You need someone in Human Resources to verify your employment and write that letter. It should be put on the company's letterhead.

Edited by Joyjoy

02iqn7wnr.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Thailand
Timeline

I'm going through this process myself. I send last 3 paystubs, last 3 bank statements, last 3 filed income tax returns. If you need transcripts get them right away, they take 4-6 weeks to receive them and their's no cost. You need someone in Human Resources to verify your employment and write that letter. It should be put on the company's letterhead.

Wow! Your advise sounds almost exactly like mine. We must be on to something.

Generally tax transcripts take 1 week, though they could several weeks

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Wow! Your advise sounds almost exactly like mine. We must be on to something.

Generally tax transcripts take 1 week, though they could several weeks

Yes, the transcripts took several weeks for me.

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

Thanks for all the help i called 800-908-9946 and was able to request them on an automated line.

UPS is really weird about the letter head i dont know why HR will not give me anything they have a phone line set up for employment verification, and say its not company policy to hand out letters. Though my direct boss is pretty cool he does not mind signing something that i write up. Do you think If I make my own ups letter head it would be ok or have the UPS shield attached to it. I know one of my friends said he just wrote the letter and had it signed but he did not do a k1 he brought his parents from Mexico..

Again thank you Everyone for the help.. Daniel

@tim?mav Thank you the link was great and yes she is very pretty but as pretty as she is her heart is even bigger and very humble. I am a very lucky man as I am sure we all know we are by finding that special person in ours lives..

Daniel

K-1 Visa

• 3 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

Thanks for all the help i called 800-908-9946 and was able to request them on an automated line.

UPS is really weird about the letter head i dont know why HR will not give me anything they have a phone line set up for employment verification, and say its not company policy to hand out letters. Though my direct boss is pretty cool he does not mind signing something that i write up. Do you think If I make my own ups letter head it would be ok or have the UPS shield attached to it. I know one of my friends said he just wrote the letter and had it signed but he did not do a k1 he brought his parents from Mexico..

Again thank you Everyone for the help.. Daniel

@tim?mav Thank you the link was great and yes she is very pretty but as pretty as she is her heart is even bigger and very humble. I am a very lucky man as I am sure we all know we are by finding that special person in ours lives..

Daniel, just walk into your local IRS office and request your tax transcripts. I requested mines through the automated system 6 months ago and they still haven't come yet. Save yourself some time and headache and just go into the local office. It doesn't cost money and all you will need is your social security number and an identification card. As far as the employment verification issue, I spoke to NVC regarding that when I was ready to send my financial info in and had the same issue with HR not putting when we think is needed. NVC told me that they will verify employment from the check stubs you provide and from those tax transcripts since all the employers information is on there (company name, company's tax i.d. number, your wages etc..) I asked them about letter from employers and they said the check stub was what they go to if the letter doesn't state how much you make a year. Call NVC yourself to make sure. Call three times in a row to make sure you are getting the same info back.

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

Sorry I just saw the post asking where I was from Yes I am almost your neighbor I live in Lodi but we will move to Sacramento when Theary moves here since I work at the UPS in West Sac.

Daniel

K-1 Visa

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Paraguay
Timeline

I e-mailed the embassy where the interview would be conducted and asked what they wanted to see. All they cared about was a tax transcript from last year, and a letter from my employer, since my income is well over the poverty level. That's it.

So I would suggest an e-mail to your beneficiary's embassy, and perhaps you'll get a quick reply like I did.

Paraguay2010076-1.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

You only need your 2010 tax transcript for the i-134 if you interview in 2011, yes type up your own employment letter in the format that shows start date, good standing , and gross income, and have your boss sign it. You will need 3 years of tax transcript for the i-864 when you apply for her green card.

The Buddha said "The more loving the more suffering"

By birth is not one an outcast,

By birth is not one a noble,but

By action is one an outcast,

By action is one a noble.

Buddha.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.