NikkisPrecious

What takes longer a K1 or a K3??

9 posts in this topic

I know each case is to its own, but just wondered what would take longer? I can't really tell from flicking from the K1 forum to the K3.. Anyone got a rough guide on this?

going through HELL

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

The K3 is generally the quicker of the 2. Another option to consider is DCF. DCF involves getting married outside the USA and then filling for Visa directly at the Consulate, it is generally the quickest but is usually used when the US Citizen lives in the foreign country. Look at the guides on this site: :guides: And reviews for your nearest Consulate for DCF reviews.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
I know each case is to its own, but just wondered what would take longer? I can't really tell from flicking from the K1 forum to the K3.. Anyone got a rough guide on this?
If I recall from your earlier threads, you are married already. :no: K-1 is irrelevant, as it is a fiance visa. Your options are the CR-1 and the K-3, K-3 is typically faster than the CR-1, but the CR-1 is the better of the visas because you don't have to adjust status once you arrive in the states. With the CR-1 you are able to work upon entry to the U.S and usually it takes a couple of months longer than the K-3 if you have no problems during the process of filing.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Third option as I pointed out us DCF. And yes if you are married then K1 is not an option.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Oh i know this tim and beth i was just curious to see what would have been faster thats all, seems to be some conflicting views from both the forums. I guess either way it takes a bloody long time!

going through HELL

Oh i know this tim and beth i was just curious to see what would have been faster thats all, seems to be some conflicting views from both the forums. I guess either way it takes a bloody long time!

I don't mean to be rude here, but why even waste time asking if you are already married??? You should think about what questions you post on here because this site is meant to help ppl, and if you ask a question that is irrelevant to your needs or a question that you already know the answer too, then it kind of wastes our times on here. Again, I am not trying to be rude but trying to steer you in the right direction of for a lack of a better words ...proper ettiquette..

LJ

Love is not an EMOTION or FEELING....

That if made from the heart...will outlast ANYTHING AND EVERYTHING!!!!

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=117 (shortcuts)

TIMELINE

04/29/2006......MARRIED MY VERY OWN CLOWN WOOOHOOOO

Now we are through with immigration until the end of 2008. Please read my timeline to see our process. Remember, patience is a beatuiful thing if you can remember to keep it...I will be damned if we did lol. We are all here on this site for the same reason...lets all help one another...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline
Okay, could of, would of, should of why not focus on what you need to do rather than what you could have done. No point in having a guide for something that is of no use to you, just my opinion.

bar37.gif

Image14.jpg

bar37.gif

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

K3 may be faster than CR1, but getting a K3 doesn't mean you can't upgrade to a CR-1 if both of you are willing to travel to the aliens country for the CR-1 interview. For some people, this can be a good plan. Get the K3, unite, continue AOS through the CR-1 process and get permanent residency a little more quickly, with a trip back to the former home built into the process.

5-15-2002 Met, by chance, while I traveled on business

3-15-2005 I-129F
9-18-2005 Visa in hand
11-23-2005 She arrives in USA
1-18-2006 She returns to Russia, engaged but not married

11-10-2006 We got married!

2-12-2007 I-130 sent by Express mail to NSC
2-26-2007 I-129F sent by Express mail to Chicago lock box
6-25-2007 Both NOA2s in hand; notice date 6-15-2007
9-17-2007 K3 visa in hand
11-12-2007 POE Atlanta

8-14-2008 AOS packet sent
9-13-2008 biometrics
1-30-2009 AOS interview
2-12-2009 10-yr Green Card arrives in mail

2-11-2014 US Citizenship ceremony

Since you are married, to hell with the K-3, just wait prolly a month longer and get the CR-1 (or if you are married for more then 2 years, IR-1)

But the answer anyways to that, I would have to say the K-1 is much less of a pain when he/she gets to the USA, but they are starting to get harsh with the K-1 at the embassy and giving better service to K-3's, especialy in the Philippines. So the K-3 now is getting faster then the K-1 just to get him/her in the US.

Edited by flipicaneze

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.