remeglen

Processing time

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I am new here and I'm glad to find this site. I am from the Philippines. I just have some question .. We file a papers I-129F on August 16, 2010 at the California sevice center and its almost 6 months there , but when we check the status on feb 14, 2011 we saw this note "Initial Review

On February 14, 2011, we transferred this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. My fiance just received a note that our papers were transferred from the CA Service Center to the Vermont Service Center.. My question is how many days or months will it take to approve the visa? Thanks and have a nice day to all...

Timeline

I guess the question here is where exactly is your address (state)? That bases on what Service Center works on the case. I see Laguna as your USCIS office....CA right? If so, then you luck out. That means that USCIS has made a mistake on your application (sent it to the wrong processing center) and you can call them and get it expedited. In which case, should be a month or less.

If it stays with VSC, wow, you COULD be in for a wait. Ours took just over 5 months. Some on here have taken over 6 months. Just depends. Good luck!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I am new here and I'm glad to find this site. I am from the Philippines. I just have some question .. We file a papers I-129F on August 16, 2010 at the California sevice center and its almost 6 months there , but when we check the status on feb 14, 2011 we saw this note "Initial Review

On February 14, 2011, we transferred this case I129F PETITION FOR FIANCE(E) to our VERMONT SERVICE CENTER location for processing and sent you a notice explaining this action. Please follow any instructions provided on the notice. We will notify you by mail when a decision is made. If you move while this case is pending, please use our Change of Address online tool to update your case with your new address or call our customer service center at 1-800-375-5283. My fiance just received a note that our papers were transferred from the CA Service Center to the Vermont Service Center.. My question is how many days or months will it take to approve the visa? Thanks and have a nice day to all...

Welcome to VJ!

I would just call the customer service number and get the status of your case, find out why it was transferred, and see if you can put in a service request. What instructions were provided in the notice? It's 6 months you should be hearing something soon. I don't see why it matters which service center is handling your petition because they both operate the same.

Edited by Joyjoy

02iqn7wnr.png

Timeline

Welcome to VJ!

I would just call the customer service number and get the status of your case, find out why it was transferred, and see if you can put in a service request. What instructions were provided in the notice? It's 6 months you should be hearing something soon. I don't see why it matters which service center is handling your petition because they both operate the same.

No instructions were provided in the notice.. they just notice that our papers transferred to VSC..

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: Country: Brazil
Timeline

The same thing just happened to us. We filed at the VCS on august 20, 2010. It was transferred to CSC right away. Now on feb 23,2011 our case was transferred back to VCS! I contacted both of our attorneys and called the service center. All three gave me the same answer,"it is not uncommon for cases to be moved around especially between california and vermont" they told me that when one or the other gets backed up they will transfer cases to help maintain shorter processing times and that they are very busy now and processing times are starting to take longer than reported. The VSC also assured me that we would not start back at day one and our case would have priority over other cases, that's the reason it was transferred because its already past the estimated time frame. So I wouldn't worry much. My attorneys said they expect and answer within 60 days from the 23 of feb. Hope that helps good luck

The same thing just happened to us. We filed at the VCS on august 20, 2010. It was transferred to CSC right away. Now on feb 23,2011 our case was transferred back to VCS! I contacted both of our attorneys and called the service center. All three gave me the same answer,"it is not uncommon for cases to be moved around especially between california and vermont" they told me that when one or the other gets backed up they will transfer cases to help maintain shorter processing times and that they are very busy now and processing times are starting to take longer than reported. The VSC also assured me that we would not start back at day one and our case would have priority over other cases, that's the reason it was transferred because its already past the estimated time frame. So I wouldn't worry much. My attorneys said they expect and answer within 60 days from the 23 of feb. Hope that helps good luck

My question is how many days or months will it take to approve the visa?

Are you asking how long it will take to get an approved visa, or how long will it take for an approval on your I-129F? Because the I-129F is NOT an application for a visa. It is a petition where, once approved, they will allow you to apply for a visa.

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.