웃

Bad grades land teen on street corner (mom makes him hold sign saying "I have a 1.22GPA; honk if I need education")

13 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline

fcatkid1_20110216154739_320_240.JPG

Bad grades land teen on street corner

MyFoxTampaBay.com staff report

TAMPA - A Tampa mom is so frustrated with her son's grades, she is making him wear a sign on a street corner to tell everyone about them.

Ronda Holder's 15-year-old son James is standing on the corner at 22nd Street and Hillsborough Avenue, wearing a sign that says: "I did four questions on my FCAT and said I wasn't going to do it…GPA 1.22…honk if I need education."

Holder said she has tried other approaches, like taking his cell phone away from him, but nothing has worked.

So now, she says James will be on a different street corner every day this week, wearing the sign, with her nearby.

"Until he straightens up his grades and gets his education on track, he's gonna work that corner," Holder said. "This is the job he wants, so he might as well start early."

Holder said she wants other parents and kids to take notice.

"[if] some other parents and kids see this right there, they won't have to worry about their kids doing the same thing," she said.

So far, she says people are definitely noticing.

"One man honked all the way around the corner," she said.

Holder says James may embarrassed now -- but that's just temporary.

"In the long run, he'll thank me for it," she said.

http://www.myfoxtamp...corner-02162011

Edited by Lord Infamous

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Belittling and destroying a kids self esteem. Let me know if that works.good.gif

If the kid is smart but just not applying himself it might. If the kid is just dumb then it's piling s--t on the poor kid.

If I mispelled piling it's because when I was that age my dad told me if you're not going to apply yourself just drop out. So I did

drop out

Timeline

If the kid is smart but just not applying himself it might. If the kid is just dumb then it's piling s--t on the poor kid.

If I mispelled piling it's because when I was that age my dad told me if you're not going to apply yourself just drop out. So I did

drop out

My dad would be more the type to help me do better. He would ask what I needed if anything to improve. He would explain why it was important to try to make good grades. He would go to the meetings and talk to my teachers. (yes he would hit on the good looking teachers of course) He was always there and made sure I did all my homework and any assignments. I always made good grades but sometimes I did slack and even though he was not upset I could see his disappointment and that would hurt me and that led to me to try better next time.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Isle of Man
Timeline
Belittling and destroying a kids self esteem. Let me know if that works.good.gif

My dad would be more the type to help me do better. He would ask what I needed if anything to improve. He would explain why it was important to try to make good grades. He would go to the meetings and talk to my teachers. (yes he would hit on the good looking teachers of course) He was always there and made sure I did all my homework and any assignments. I always made good grades but sometimes I did slack and even though he was not upset I could see his disappointment and that would hurt me and that led to me to try better next time.

luckytxn - you are sounding more and more like a warm hearted librul with each post good.gif

India, gun buyback and steamroll.

qVVjt.jpg?3qVHRo.jpg?1

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

yeah, mom needs a suspension!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Interesting that this kid's dad is not mentioned. I think I wore my parents out. I would actually make up my own homework and do it front of them. Then they couldnt figure out what was going on

when the teacher told them I hadn't done my homework. Ive got a 14 year old now who's putting me through the ringer.