Kim & Delvy

Evil people trying to split my family up

50 posts in this topic

My husband received his visa packet yesterday, so he'll be coming to the US to live next week.

We've been together for about 3 years. I'm close with his family. His brothers email me and call me and stuff all the time, just to say what's up. My husband is about 8 years younger than I am, but we're both pretty young, so it doesn't really seem like a big difference (although I'm like 500 times more mature than he is).

So, this morning, some anonymous person emailed me on Facebook to tell me that my husband has another wife and a baby in his hometown, and that I shouldn't let him abandon his family. They go on to say that his family and friends all know it. And that if I forgive him for it, that he will just do it again.

Let me start by saying that this is absolutely not true. I'd have to be an idiot for him to have been able to pull the wool over my eyes for so long. Before we got married I told my husband that if he wanted to be with someone else, he just had to tell me and we could dissolve our relationship amicably.

Due to some foolish shooting in the air as celebration on New Year's eve, his cousin is sitting in jail while the police are investigating the involuntary manslaughter of another cousin. Since then, my husband and his brother (who were not involved in the crime at all) was beaten up in their hometown by a gang of about 15 men. They suffered through severe beating leaving them with severe bruising and cuts. Those responsible being people from the family the dead cousin. People seeking retribution.

Me...being the investigative person that I am...I did some research on the fake account...only to find that the person was viewing facebook in English and was using the English, US version of facebook. Meaning, it's not someone in his hometown who sent me the message. Also, the account was created to send me this message...since the only thing they "liked" or the only "interest" that they had was my university and they had one friend when they sent me the message.

I believe that this is the efforts of someone either jealous of our relationship or jealous of his ability to leave the hell they live in. My husband is very poor and I am very not poor. So...he's definitely going to be benefiting from this change in his life.

Clearly I was upset about this, and when I told my husband about the email that I had received, he said that if he found out who sent that, he would kill them. (And he does mean KILL.) To which I replied that he should just let it go...get through the next 7 days, and then forget about it altogether.

Anyone have any opinion as to whether I handled this situation wisely? I thought I was being wise until my friend (a friend I've had for 15 years) asked me... well, is it true? hahahaha.

Any thoughts? Or is this just the act of a hater trying to keep other people down?

Kim & Delvy Castillo

Met May 19, 2008

Married October 24, 2009

Puerto Plata, Dominican Republic

USCIS

03-31-2010 Mailed Form I-130

04-02-2010 @ 12 noon EST Received - Chicago Lockbox (Fedex Delivered Notification)

04-09-2010 Notification Date for I-130 NOA1 - California Service Center

04-15-2010 Received Physical copy of NOA1

07-02-2010 Change of Address for Petitioner (online)

07-08-2010 Touched

09-21-2010 Notification Date for NOA2 (Received email from USCIS at 2am on 09-22-2010)

Sometime between 09-22-2010 and 09-25-2010 Received Physical copy of NOA2 -- was in the Bahamas on vacation

NVC

10-06-2010 Assigned NVC Case Number

10-08-2010 Called NVC to add email addresses

10-14-2010 Received email with Choice of Agent form

10-14-2010 Emailed Choice of Agent Information to NVC

10-14-2010 Received AOS Bill

10-14-2010 Paid AOS Bill online

10-18-2010 Printed AOS Coversheet and Mailed AOS Form

10-31-2010 Received IV Bill

10-31-2010 Paid IV Bill online

11-03-2010 Printed Receipt Page

11-05-2010 Mailed DS-230 packet (4:30pm USPS Priority Mail Service)

11-08-2010 DS-230 packet delivered to NVC (11:30am)

12-05-2010 Received notice that we sent the wrong type of Birth Certificate

12-08-2010 Sent appropriate type of Birth Certificate

01-07-2011 Notified via email of our appointment scheduled for Feb 10, 2011 @ 6:15am

02-09-2011 Fly from BWI to SDQ

02-10-2011 INTERVIEW...APPROVED

02-13-2011 Fly from SDQ to BWI

02-16-2011 Received Visa Packet

02-17-2011 Booked flight for next week

02-25-2011 FLIGHT FROM STI to JFK

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

it's someone that knows you - or your husband. given the english portion of the profile, i'd suspect it's more someone you know (jealous rival perhaps?)

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

it's someone that knows you - or your husband. given the english portion of the profile, i'd suspect it's more someone you know (jealous rival perhaps?)

I'm not sure. I don't actually have any "enemies" or "jealous people" in my life.

Throughout the day the fake profile started to gain friends. (now they have 11 friends) and the friends all have a connection to my husband's hometown.

I sent the profile link to two of my husband's brothers and they're both trying to find the identity of the sender because they are both friends with some of the 11 people the sender is also friends with.

I just spoke to my husband's brother's wife just a few minutes ago (because I forwarded her the actual message) and she thinks that it's the family of the dead cousin trying to ruin everyone's life.

I think the big issue is that my husband and his brothers are like brothers with the cousin (he's a professional athlete in the US with a lot of money and fame in their country) who is in jail under investigation for the murder. And the other side of the family is basically trying to do witness intimidation with the whole fighting and now interfering in our personal situation.

Whatever it is, it's not funny. And, I'm soooooo busy with my own life, that I don't want to take time out to think about whether or not my husband is going to try to seek revenge on whoever sent this message to me. I just want him to let it go and let's just move on with our lives!

You know?

Kim & Delvy Castillo

Met May 19, 2008

Married October 24, 2009

USCIS

04-02-2010 @ 12 noon EST Received - Chicago Lockbox (Fedex Delivered Notification)

07-08-2010 Touched

09-21-2010 Notification Date for NOA2 (Received email from USCIS at 2am on 09-22-2010)

Sometime between 09-22-2010 and 09-25-2010 Received Physical copy of NOA2 -- was in the Bahamas on vacation

NVC

01-07-2011 Notified via email of our appointment scheduled for Feb 10, 2011 @ 6:15am

Timeline

I'm not sure. I don't actually have any "enemies" or "jealous people" in my life.

Throughout the day the fake profile started to gain friends. (now they have 11 friends) and the friends all have a connection to my husband's hometown.

I sent the profile link to two of my husband's brothers and they're both trying to find the identity of the sender because they are both friends with some of the 11 people the sender is also friends with.

I just spoke to my husband's brother's wife just a few minutes ago (because I forwarded her the actual message) and she thinks that it's the family of the dead cousin trying to ruin everyone's life.

I think the big issue is that my husband and his brothers are like brothers with the cousin (he's a professional athlete in the US with a lot of money and fame in their country) who is in jail under investigation for the murder. And the other side of the family is basically trying to do witness intimidation with the whole fighting and now interfering in our personal situation.

Whatever it is, it's not funny. And, I'm soooooo busy with my own life, that I don't want to take time out to think about whether or not my husband is going to try to seek revenge on whoever sent this message to me. I just want him to let it go and let's just move on with our lives!

You know?

if the friends of that profile all connect to that town, then it may be a real short list then of who down there can speak and read english well enough to use fb - how many would you say percentagewise could do that, based on your time there?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: Timeline

if the friends of that profile all connect to that town, then it may be a real short list then of who down there can speak and read english well enough to use fb - how many would you say percentagewise could do that, based on your time there?

You know, you can use Facebook in Spanish and many other languages.

Yes, but this one was definitely using FB in english. You can find out settings for people by going to https://graph.facebook.com/FBID where FBID is the Facebook user's FB ID. So, if I were viewing my facebook pages in spanish, it might say es_US or something like that, as opposed to en_US which is US english.

Also, they wrote a name like... "Martin Luther King Jr." which is an American representation of the son of Martin Luther King with the same name.

So, whomever wrote that is hip to English. So, I agree...the list might be short.

Now...I spoke to one of my husband's brothers who said that based on the connections of the people on the mystery person's FB account, that he thinks he knows who it is who sent this message, but has no idea why they would do that other than to mess with my husband.

So, I told him, if he knows who it is...to wait until after my husband comes to the US because I don't want him to do anything that could land him in trouble.

I'm just so upset to be involved in such a ridiculous thing. I mean, this is so immature and so stupid. Clearly the actions of someone with no life. You know?

Ugh! Thanks guys, I needed to talk it out, and now I'm just tired. I have a ton of work to get done tonight, so, I'm going to wish you all a pleasant evening/night! :)

Kim & Delvy Castillo

Met May 19, 2008

Married October 24, 2009

USCIS

07-08-2010 Touched

NVC

Timeline

uh yes......and you can set it for "pirate" too :hehe:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My husband received his visa packet yesterday, so he'll be coming to the US to live next week.

We've been together for about 3 years. I'm close with his family. His brothers email me and call me and stuff all the time, just to say what's up. My husband is about 8 years younger than I am, but we're both pretty young, so it doesn't really seem like a big difference (although I'm like 500 times more mature than he is).

How much of the three years has been in person contact?

So, this morning, some anonymous person emailed me on Facebook to tell me that my husband has another wife and a baby in his hometown, and that I shouldn't let him abandon his family. They go on to say that his family and friends all know it. And that if I forgive him for it, that he will just do it again.

Let me start by saying that this is absolutely not true. I'd have to be an idiot for him to have been able to pull the wool over my eyes for so long. Before we got married I told my husband that if he wanted to be with someone else, he just had to tell me and we could dissolve our relationship amicably.

from life situation stand point he would be an idiot to dissolve your relationship before getting permanent status here in the states

His family is probably benifiting in some way from your relationship so I wouldn't neccessarily trust them to tell you the truth.

Due to some foolish shooting in the air as celebration on New Year's eve, his cousin is sitting in jail while the police are investigating the involuntary manslaughter of another cousin. Since then, my husband and his brother (who were not involved in the crime at all) was beaten up in their hometown by a gang of about 15 men. They suffered through severe beating leaving them with severe bruising and cuts. Those responsible being people from the family the dead cousin. People seeking retribution.

It would have been natural for you to be helping him out financially for the last couple of years. You could have been supporting his wife and baby. His wife wouldnt want to mess that up so she would keep her mouth shut. Now in her eyes he could be abandoning her to go live with you. She may well stop that by letting you know what is happening.

He could have got his butt kicked by the family of his other wife. If he says he will kill someone that sent that. I would take it as a warning sign. If you think he means it, thats a double warning sign.

that would also be a likely reason that it was sent anonymously. The person that sent it may end up dead

Me...being the investigative person that I am...I did some research on the fake account...only to find that the person was viewing facebook in English and was using the English, US version of facebook. Meaning, it's not someone in his hometown who sent me the message. Also, the account was created to send me this message...since the only thing they "liked" or the only "interest" that they had was my university and they had one friend when they sent me the message.

I believe that this is the efforts of someone either jealous of our relationship or jealous of his ability to leave the hell they live in. My husband is very poor and I am very not poor. So...he's definitely going to be benefiting from this change in his life.

Clearly I was upset about this, and when I told my husband about the email that I had received, he said that if he found out who sent that, he would kill them. (And he does mean KILL.) To which I replied that he should just let it go...get through the next 7 days, and then forget about it altogether.

Anyone have any opinion as to whether I handled this situation wisely? I thought I was being wise until my friend (a friend I've had for 15 years) asked me... well, is it true? hahahaha.

Any thoughts? Or is this just the act of a hater trying to keep other people down?

My girl is in the Philippines. We talk every day and the couple of weeks we were acctually together were great but she could be could be seeing 3 different guys a day without getting caught by me.

I don't think she is but it would be silly of me to think she couldn't.

My question would be, If he does have a wife and baby over there would you forgive him and continue or would that be a deal killer for you? If he's going to be coming here next week you don't have time to do any serious investigating before he gets here. You could find out what you've got within a week of his getting here by putting a key logger on your computer. If you want to delay buying his ticket you could tell him someone stole your purse with all your credit cards and you froze all your accounts so you can't charge his ticket until next week. If money is no problem for you, you could

hire a private investigator to check it out before he comes. one thing for sure is, it is a lot harder to get rid of them once they are here.

Meh, I dunno...if it were me, I'd say a trip down there was in order.

I was in sort of a similar situation. I livd with my ex in his country for a period of many years; I made a lot of friends (mutual ones) and forged relationships with them. When I left, there was some fighting going on between two groups of friends, and without going into details, he was kinda stuck in the middle. Two of the girls in the one group (my friends) decide to call me up and tell me that he was sleeping around. I questioned him, and like you, trusted completely that we had an 'understanding' that if he was ever interested in someone else, I'd prefer him to leave rather than stay. He gave me the excuse that they were mad at him, it was retribution, etc...so I chose to believe him. It did sound not only plausible, but likely.

Flash fwd a while, he's up to his interview, and some random girl decides to get on the phone and tell me all sorts. He actually then confirmed it all. Then also confirms what my friends had said the year before. And that was that.

I'm not in any way suggesting because something similar happened to me, that it is happening to you. But it is possible that you are completely snowed on this. You don't have the luxury of seeing with your own eyes, and sometimes that winds up being a fatal problem.

If it were me, I'd msg the person and get more information and verify/dismiss as much as I can. I'd also go there.

Good luck.

Edited by Lisa C

Meh, I dunno...if it were me, I'd say a trip down there was in order.

I was in sort of a similar situation. I livd with my ex in his country for a period of many years; I made a lot of friends (mutual ones) and forged relationships with them. When I left, there was some fighting going on between two groups of friends, and without going into details, he was kinda stuck in the middle. Two of the girls in the one group (my friends) decide to call me up and tell me that he was sleeping around. I questioned him, and like you, trusted completely that we had an 'understanding' that if he was ever interested in someone else, I'd prefer him to leave rather than stay. He gave me the excuse that they were mad at him, it was retribution, etc...so I chose to believe him. It did sound not only plausible, but likely.

Flash fwd a while, he's up to his interview, and some random girl decides to get on the phone and tell me all sorts. He actually then confirmed it all. Then also confirms what my friends had said the year before. And that was that.

I'm not in any way suggesting because something similar happened to me, that it is happening to you. But it is possible that you are completely snowed on this. You don't have the luxury of seeing with your own eyes, and sometimes that winds up being a fatal problem.

If it were me, I'd msg the person and get more information and verify/dismiss as much as I can. I'd also go there.

Good luck.

Thanks for the concern and advice everyone.

I guess for me, I've always been sort of on the fringe about how much I could actually trust in a relationship. Maybe that's the New Yorker in me, or a product of the guy friends that I have. :) I don't know. But I don't think that marriage has changed that about me. I'm always vigilant.

When he and his brother got their asses kicked, it was definitely in reference to the police matter concerning his cousin. There's no doubt about that. I mean, there's more information about the history of the unrest in his hometown since the murder happened, and I don't have time to write it all out, but there's no doubt that it was related to the cousin who is sitting in jail. It's about witness intimidation because the brother is a star witness for the defense.

So, I'm still not sure how I feel about the situation. I mean, I'm going to remain vigilant. But, in my gut, I don't believe the email has any validity other than someone just wanting to screw with my husband.

Kim & Delvy Castillo

Met May 19, 2008

Married October 24, 2009

USCIS

07-08-2010 Touched

NVC

Thanks for the concern and advice everyone.

I guess for me, I've always been sort of on the fringe about how much I could actually trust in a relationship. Maybe that's the New Yorker in me, or a product of the guy friends that I have. :) I don't know. But I don't think that marriage has changed that about me. I'm always vigilant.

When he and his brother got their asses kicked, it was definitely in reference to the police matter concerning his cousin. There's no doubt about that. I mean, there's more information about the history of the unrest in his hometown since the murder happened, and I don't have time to write it all out, but there's no doubt that it was related to the cousin who is sitting in jail. It's about witness intimidation because the brother is a star witness for the defense.

So, I'm still not sure how I feel about the situation. I mean, I'm going to remain vigilant. But, in my gut, I don't believe the email has any validity other than someone just wanting to screw with my husband.

What I'm saying is, it very well MAY be related to the cousin incident. Just because it is doesn't mean it's untrue. Like, my 'friends' didn't get involved until there was some strife going on. If there was harmony among everyone, usually human nature is such that people do not want to get involved with throwing one person under the bus. but if there's discord in the air, it's 'fair game' to use as ammo. So, even accepting that it's coming from the other side of the family doesn't automatically make it false.

I'm not trying to slag off your hubby here - it very well may be false. But from one NYer to another, realize that while true love is all well and good, your hubby does have an added benefit to your marriage, that IF it goes south, you will be on the hook for a very, very long time. I know there's a tendency for the USC when (s)he's in the petitioning stage to be partially blinded in the instance of scammers.

Either way you decide, I hope things work out for you! (L)

No judgment given, but since you asked for opinion, I will give mine, the chance of this being true, is 99%. Are you of the same culture, if so then you understand exactly what I am saying.

Good luck,

What I'm saying is, it very well MAY be related to the cousin incident. Just because it is doesn't mean it's untrue. Like, my 'friends' didn't get involved until there was some strife going on. If there was harmony among everyone, usually human nature is such that people do not want to get involved with throwing one person under the bus. but if there's discord in the air, it's 'fair game' to use as ammo. So, even accepting that it's coming from the other side of the family doesn't automatically make it false.

I'm not trying to slag off your hubby here - it very well may be false. But from one NYer to another, realize that while true love is all well and good, your hubby does have an added benefit to your marriage, that IF it goes south, you will be on the hook for a very, very long time. I know there's a tendency for the USC when (s)he's in the petitioning stage to be partially blinded in the instance of scammers.

Either way you decide, I hope things work out for you! (L)

Yeah, I'm not sure if I've been blinded by love. I really only love myself. I mean...maybe that's the NYer in me. Like, I always feel like I could live with or without someone. I definitely don't feel like... "oh, my true love is here and this must work out". I'm more of the... "yo, this isn't working for me, I'm going to have to let you go..." :)

Again, my gut tells me that it's not true, and that it's just someone forking around trying to keep someone else down.

I actually just spoke to my husband's brother's wife on the phone to ask her if she knew anything more about who sent me this message. And basically she said that she agrees that the facebook account was created for the purpose of sending me that message, but that she can't figure out why anyone would do that other than to just mess with him and his family more. She said that if anything, he (and his supposed other family) would benefit from coming here. Not from us splitting up. So, who would have motive to write such a thing?

Kim & Delvy Castillo

Met May 19, 2008

Married October 24, 2009

USCIS

07-08-2010 Touched

NVC

No judgment given, but since you asked for opinion, I will give mine, the chance of this being true, is 99%. Are you of the same culture, if so then you understand exactly what I am saying.

Good luck,

I feel you. I'm very skeptical of men in general. Maybe it's because I have a lot of guy friends, and I know how men operate...usually looking for the next best thing...

I actually operate similarly. I try not to get too attached. Even though I'm married, I'm not attached. Meaning, I could split up tomorrow and live my life exactly as I want to. I mean, right now I prefer my husband in it, but that could easily change for me.

It sounds cold, but that's how I've always been. I feel like if someone is holding me back, I need to shake them off. I'm just trying to figure out if I have just cause to shake him off. I haven't bought the plane ticket yet. Was going to buy it today...but I might sit back and wait a beat. See what happens if I do.

Kim & Delvy Castillo

Met May 19, 2008

Married October 24, 2009

USCIS

07-08-2010 Touched

NVC