chrisana

Called NVC and got MNL# now what????

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello All, ok I called the NVC and got our MNL#. The NVC said that it will take 3-5 days for them to send out the Info to the Manila Embassy. I have several questions:

• What information does the NVC send to the Embassy in Manila?
  • How long does it take for the information to get from the NVC to the Manila Embassy?
  • Can we call the Manila Embassy with NVC# to get a medical and interview appt.?
  • Do we need the letter from the Embassy or the NVC to make our payment for the visa to BPI?
  • Is there a time frame in which we need to get all the information required by the Embassy to them?
  • Isn't there a website that I'm suppose to register on now that I have the MNL#?

We would really appreciate your alls help in this matter. If there is something that I've left out please let us know.

Thanks again to all the help from the VJ members

Chris and Ana

1437896feakg273jp.gif

471651fatxn3j13g.gif

c.gifh.gifr.gifi.gifs.gifa.gifn.gifa.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to regional discussion forum...

All NVC does is start a name check, assigns a case number and sends the whole case on to consulate, they have nothing else to do with K-Visas.

MORE: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3224.html

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

They send the entire package to the USEM. So it does take a few days once they send it. Usually ~5-10 business days.

It is to early to call the USEM to get the interview yet since they do not have the package. You can take the MNL number and get the medical, also have the NOA2 and they will usually let you take it.

I would not pay anything yet until your pacakge is ready for the interview. You have time. But things will really start to pickup now.

The USEM has all the info you will need. Start by going to this link: http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwh3238.html

Love forever,

Dale & Trisha

Married: 9/29/2008

K3 Visa

POE-MSP: 3/13/2009

AOS/EAD

Greencard received: 08/29/2009

Removal of Conditions:

Approved: 10/20/2011

Citizenship

9/19/2012

Hello All, ok I called the NVC and got our MNL#. The NVC said that it will take 3-5 days for them to send out the Info to the Manila Embassy. I have several questions:

What information does the NVC send to the Embassy in Manila?

The NVC sends your electronic file to the USEM. They also send your physical file to the USEM. Your physical file is the K-1 petition that you originally sent to the USCIS.

How long does it take for the information to get from the NVC to the Manila Embassy?

The USEM will receive your electronic file right away. Your physical file can take a week or more to arrive at the USEM. Also, it can easily take another week or so after the USEM receives your physical file before they enter your physical file into their system. You can not make an interview appointment until your physical file is entered into their system.

Once your physical file is entered into the USEM's system, the USEM will send a letter to the beneficiary informing the beneficiary that they are eligible to schedule an interview. This step of the process can take quite a while. Sometimes it takes weeks. Some beneficiaries never receive the letter. You can save time by not waiting for the letter. Instead, you can simply try to schedule an interview when you think the USEM has entered your physical file into their system. If your physical file already has been entered into their system, you will be allowed to schedule an interview appointment. It is not necessary to wait for the eligibility letter (which may never arrive).

It may be helpful for you to read the USEM's eligibility letter: click here.

Can we call the Manila Embassy with NVC# to get a medical and interview appt.?

It is not possible to schedule a medical exam at St. Lukes. Medical exams are on a walk-in basis only. The beneficiary can complete their medical at any time up to a few days before the interview. The beneficiary will need to bring a copy of their NOA2 and their MNL case number to St. Lukes in order to be admitted for their medical exam.

There are two ways to schedule an interview appointment. You can schedule it online, or you can schedule it by calling the USEM's call center.

Do we need the letter from the Embassy or the NVC to make our payment for the visa to BPI?

No. The beneficiary will need their passport and at least one copy of the biographical page of their passport (maybe more than one). Also, you may need your MNL case number.

Is there a time frame in which we need to get all the information required by the Embassy to them?

Neither the petitioner nor the beneficiary need to submit anything to the USEM before the interview. The beneficiary will submit all documents at the interview.

Isn't there a website that I'm suppose to register on now that I have the MNL#?

Not that I am aware of. Maybe you are thinking about the web site where you make your interview appointment. If that's the case, you don't need to register on that web site, you simply make an interview appointment.

We would really appreciate your alls help in this matter. If there is something that I've left out please let us know.

Thanks again to all the help from the VJ members

Chris and Ana

Walang anuman....and good luck!!! :)

Edited by Tahoma

If you do not want to wait a week or more for the Embassy to enter your case number into their system. Find out from the NVC the date they send your application wait three days then email the embassy at IVManilaReplies@state.gov, you will receive a reply at exactly 3 days.

My application left NVC Feb. 9, I emailed the embassy Feb. 14, the embassy received my application Feb. 16, they emailed me back Feb. 17, i was able to schedule online Feb. 18.

I've called NVC 3 different times now and they still won't give me a MNL#. Our NOA2 send date was February 16. Does anyone know a way to get it quicker? Or what to say to get them to give it to me. We have already paid out interview fee, plane tix to manila, apartment paid and I need to get this interview set. I had to pay and reserve apartment early so we were sure to get one at a decent price.

Timeline

I've called NVC 3 different times now and they still won't give me a MNL#. Our NOA2 send date was February 16. Does anyone know a way to get it quicker? Or what to say to get them to give it to me. We have already paid out interview fee, plane tix to manila, apartment paid and I need to get this interview set. I had to pay and reserve apartment early so we were sure to get one at a decent price.

Ours was dated Feb 3rd and I called on the 15th and they gave it to me right away. I called the NVC again on the 22nd and they said that our package was still not sent out to the Manila embassy and from my understanding you can't get an interview date until the embassy recieves and logs the I29F package into their system.

1437896feakg273jp.gif

471651fatxn3j13g.gif

c.gifh.gifr.gifi.gifs.gifa.gifn.gifa.gif

Timeline

Tahoma,

Nice answer. You answered some of my questions. :thumbs:

Thanks

:reading:

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Timeline

Ours NOA2 was approved on Feb. 14. We called Feb 22 they gave us the case number.They said it was already sent to destination. We checked online and in deed it was received by the destination consulate by Feb. 22

3.gif

"The perfection/respect/credibility of a man decreases by the number of marriages he has had and by the number of kids he has outside his current marriage. ", Quote by Bite YourDust
  • Met on yahoo chat through a friend.
  • April 2010 - Decided to meet in person
  • 06.01.2010 - She flew from Dubai to Philippines for vacationing
  • 06.21.2010 - We met in Philippines
  • 06.24.2010 - Engaged
  • 06.28.2010 - Came back to USA
  • 07.05.2010 - She flew back to Dubai (work)
  • 08.02.2010 - Mailed I129F to VSC
  • 08.03.2010 - Delivered to VSC. Signed by D RENAUD.
  • 08.09.2010 - Check cashed
  • 08.14.2010 - NOA1 (Dated 08/06/2010)!!!!!!!!
  • 08.19.2010 - Touched!
  • 08.27.2010 - Received snail mail that typographical error was fixed.
  • 10.03.2010 - Touched!
  • 11.21.2010 - Visited her for a week in Dubai!
  • 02.14.2011 - NOA2 Approved on St. Valentine day!!!!!!!
  • 02.17.2011 - Packet left from NVC to ABU DHABI (Dubai)
  • 02.19.2011 - NOA2 hard copy received
  • 02.22.2011 - Packet reached ABU DHABI's consulate
  • 03.02.2011 - packet 3 & 4 received by email
  • 03.02.2011 - Confirmation of Interview on 04.14.2011 -
  • 03.07.2011 - Fiancee passed medical exam.
  • 04.14.2011 - K1-Visa Approved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • 04.21.2011 - Picked up Visa !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.