ShawnM

Problem with my Wifes Police Clearance Certificate, PLEASE HELP ASAP!

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Hello everyone,

My DS 230 package is all ready to go out. I just looked at my wifes police certificate and there is a problem. Her ID card number on the certificate is incorrect. Her ID number is xxxxxx681 but on the police certificate it is incorrectly listed as xxxxxx618. The "1" and the "8" numbers are reversed. All the other numbers are correct it is just that those two numbers are in reverse order. I do not know what to do. I have my package all ready to go out. The Police department made this mistake. How can I rectify this situation? I do not want to receive an RFE for this or have her have trouble at the embassy.

Please help me out!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

I would have another Police Report done correctly... I would send the package making a note of the error... If they RFE it shouldn't take too long and from what I understood that the embassy is what needs the certificate at the interview..

You can also call NVC and see what they advise........ : :blink:

Edited by darkdancer333

Timeline

Hello everyone,

My DS 230 package is all ready to go out. I just looked at my wifes police certificate and there is a problem. Her ID card number on the certificate is incorrect. Her ID number is xxxxxx681 but on the police certificate it is incorrectly listed as xxxxxx618. The "1" and the "8" numbers are reversed. All the other numbers are correct it is just that those two numbers are in reverse order. I do not know what to do. I have my package all ready to go out. The Police department made this mistake. How can I rectify this situation? I do not want to receive an RFE for this or have her have trouble at the embassy.

Please help me out!

In my limited understanding, the Police Station messes up documents routinely so what you can do is perhaps write a letter along with the Police Certificate and state that it was typo made by the police station who issued the certificate and send that in with the form. Note that the police certificate expires in 3 months so by the time she is scheduled for an interview, I'd advice that you ask her to get another certificate made and take it to the embassy at the time of her interview and hand that in too. I had one sent in with the DS-230 and then one more for the interview and when I reached US and caught a glimpse of my file at immigration, I saw that new PC on top of all the documents. Its not something that could get her in trouble but its better to not take any risks and make her life easy. I hope this helps.

Edited by S_AL_

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Timeline

In my limited understanding, the Police Station messes up documents routinely so what you can do is perhaps write a letter along with the Police Certificate and state that it was typo made by the police station who issued the certificate and send that in with the form. Note that the police certificate expires in 3 months so by the time she is scheduled for an interview, I'd advice that you ask her to get another certificate made and take it to the embassy at the time of her interview and hand that in too. I had one sent in with the DS-230 and then one more for the interview and when I reached US and caught a glimpse of my file at immigration, I saw that new PC on top of all the documents. Its not something that could get her in trouble but its better to not take any risks and make her life easy. I hope this helps.

Thanks for the reply guys. Also, the Police Certificate is just a template with her information filled in and it is handwritten and not type written. Do you think I should send in this police certificate and include a letter? If so, what should I write.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Georgia
Timeline

Thanks for the reply guys. Also, the Police Certificate is just a template with her information filled in and it is handwritten and not type written. Do you think I should send in this police certificate and include a letter? If so, what should I write.

LOL just tell them police are boobs haha :dance: ... Just tell them that they printed the incorrect ID number

Filed: Timeline

What Id are you referring to in the Police certificate? Is this specific to Pakistan or so?

Hello everyone,

Please help me out!

Timeline

What Id are you referring to in the Police certificate? Is this specific to Pakistan or so?

The ID number I am refering to is the nationality card number. It is like a social security number in pakistan.

I think the only correct thing to do is get another police certificate. Sorry to say it but I believe that is the proper solution. Good luck.

May love and laughter light your days,
and warm your heart and home.
May good and faithful friends be yours,
wherever you may roam.
May peace and plenty bless your world
with joy that long endures.
May all life's passing seasons
bring the best to you and yours!

Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
Marriage: 2009-08-01
I-130 Sent : 2009-09-29
I-130 NOA1 : 2009-10-06
I-130 Approved : 2010-03-18
NVC Received : 2010-03-23
Case Completed at NVC : 2010-09-16
Interview Date : December 16, 2010
Interview Result : APPROVED
Visa Received : 12/27/10
US Entry :12/29/10
Two-year green card received: 1/19/11
SSN received: 2/2/11
Lifting of Conditions Filed 10/1/12
Lifting of Conditions NOA 10/9/12
Lifting of Conditions Biometrics Appt 10/31/12

Lifting of Conditions Approved 12/10/12

10-yr green card received 1/8/13

N-400 Naturalization Application 10/1/2013
Marital Bliss: Endless

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

Just my opinion and what I would probably do in your situation:

If it will take a some time to get a corrected one, I would send the one with the mistake in with the DS-230 now. There is a chance it may get through the NVC. Get the corrected one ASAP and be ready to overnight it in response to an RFE or have it ready for the interview.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Mongolia
Timeline

Just my opinion and what I would probably do in your situation:

If it will take a some time to get a corrected one, I would send the one with the mistake in with the DS-230 now. There is a chance it may get through the NVC. Get the corrected one ASAP and be ready to overnight it in response to an RFE or have it ready for the interview.

In our case, the court put the wrong year on the original divorce decree. I submitted it with a brief explanation in the cover letter and it was accepted with no issues.

th_Untitled-3.jpg?t=1294114030

03/2008--Met while working together in Mongolia
06/21/10--Married in Ulaanbaatar on the Summer solstice
USCIS
09/06/10--I-130 package mailed to USCIS Chicago Lockbox
12/14/10--NOA2 hardcopy rec'd, Dec 09 notice date<APPROVED>86 Days
NVC
12/22/10-NVC / IIN Number issued, AOS bill paid
12/26/10-DS-3032 emailed
January4............IV bill paid, discovered error by preparer
USCIS ROUND 2
01/04/11-- I-130 package for stepson sent express with expedite plea
01/11/11---Congressional expedite plea lodged with USCIS
01/20/11--- Notice date, APPROVED 14 days
NVC ROUND 2
01/26/11--- NVC/IIN Numbers issued, DS-3032 Emailed
02/07/11--- AOS/IV packages fedexed to NVC
02/24/11--- Both Cases Completed at NVC
CONSULAR
04/27/11--- Interview passed
05/29/11--- POE ORD
08/2011--- I-551s arrive

heart.gif NEW YEAR'S EVE 2011, WE WELCOME OUR BABY GIRL TO THE FAMILYheart.gif

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

04/18/13--- I-751 mailed

09/25/13---ROC approval

Timeline

Yes that is standard template. they are lazy as you probably know and they don't only not do they work for what they get paid for, any extra work is a burden on them too so don't bother. Just add a letter stating you had noticed the typo after you brought the papers to the US and that they police made that error. If NVC would want a new PC, they'll inform you soon. You can also state that the beneficiary will bring along another PC at the time of the interview. Hopefully NVC wouldn't cause any trouble. The reason I suggested a letter of explanation is because I know how much of a hassle it is to get a PC in Pakistan. Bribes and all, a huge pain. So unless its easy for you to get a new one, just add a letter of explanation and let them know your wife will bring along another certificate to the embassy. All the best!

My Timeline

I-130:

Sent: May 19th 2008

NOA2: July 21st 2008

NVC

Received: July 24th 2008

Case completed: August 13th 2008

Interview: October 7th 2008

Green card received: January 20th 2009

I-751

Sent: October 6th 2010

Approval: January 28th 2011

Green Card received: February 3rd 2011

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.