serendipity10

Step Daughter abandoned AOS application?

38 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Without cross-referencing with the passenger manifesto and that the I-94 that would have been taken back was in fact collected? I hope he turned up with his I-94 in hand and his congressman in tow.

It was never clear exactly what happened in that case, except that USCIS was convinced he'd left the country on the exact date of his return ticket and wanted to see evidence of when he had reentered the US. The only thing anyone could guess was that the airline resold the seat to a standby passenger when he failed to check in for the return flight, but never updated the passenger manifest which they are required to send to DHS. As far as DHS was concerned, he left on that flight.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Wow, first of all his reasons for leaving or that fact that he did is not the topic at hand and none of your business. And seriously?! If you had actually read my posts you would see that I said we received NOA1 two weeks before the 90 days was up. And no Justine+David thats not what we are talking about at all but thanks for your useless post. :thumbs:

Um...No you didn't. You said that "we filed around the 80th day." Filing and a NOA1 are two VERY different things, as I mentioned in my post.

The former was a little bit out of line, I'll admit, but it's just absolutely flabbergasting to me, especially as you've alluded in other posts that you tried to convince him otherwise and that she was homesick which indicates that it wasn't a life and death emergency. I apologize for over-stepping my bounds; I just couldn't risk it if it was my own daughter and that was where the strong emotion came from.

Naturalization

9/9: Mailed N-400 package off

9/11: Arrived at Dallas, TX

9/17: NOA

9/19: Check cashed

9/23: Received NOA

10/7: Text from USCIS on status update: Biometrics in the mail

10/9: Received Biometrics letter

10/29: Biometrics

10/31: In-line

2/16: Text from USCIS that Baltimore has scheduled an interview...finally!!

2/24: Interview letter received

3/24: Naturalization interview

Filed: Timeline

Um...No you didn't. You said that "we filed around the 80th day." Filing and a NOA1 are two VERY different things, as I mentioned in my post.

The former was a little bit out of line, I'll admit, but it's just absolutely flabbergasting to me, especially as you've alluded in other posts that you tried to convince him otherwise and that she was homesick which indicates that it wasn't a life and death emergency. I apologize for over-stepping my bounds; I just couldn't risk it if it was my own daughter and that was where the strong emotion came from.

UMMM....YEA I did. See post #13 your post was #18. BLONK! Funny how you missed that one but you saw the others hmmm. She isnt YOUR daughter so you shouldn't being having strong emotions at all. Thanks!

UMMM....YEA I did. See post #13 your post was #18. BLONK! Funny how you missed that one but you saw the others hmmm. She isnt YOUR daughter so you shouldn't being having strong emotions at all. Thanks!

In post 13, this is what you posted:

"They did not over stay! Their application was accepted 2 weeks before their 90 days was even up!"

Accepted and a NOA1 are two different things as you were not specific in stating a NOA1. If you reference Vanessa&Tony's post, you'll see what I mean.

Hey, I already apologized. I said I crossed the line. I was trying to explain my misbehavior (F)

Edited by Justine+David

Naturalization

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

"They did not over stay! Their application was accepted 2 weeks before their 90 days was even up!"

Accepted and a NOA1 are two different things as you were not specific in stating a NOA1. If you reference Vanessa&Tony's post, you'll see what I mean.

Hey, I already apologized. I said I crossed the line. I was trying to explain my misbehavior (F)

An apology would have looked more like this;

"I am sorry, I did not read your original post which clearly indicated your hubby had his interview letter in hand, instead I jumped on the crazy train and took a ride", which left the station immediately after the OP posted.

Instead of apologizing you tried to argue your point.

She had her NOA1 on the 23rd of November 2010.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

An apology would have looked more like this;

"I am sorry, I did not read your original post which clearly indicated your hubby had his interview letter in hand, instead I jumped on the crazy train and took a ride", which left the station immediately after the OP posted.

Instead of apologizing you tried to argue your point.

What? Having an interview letter in hand doesn't mean that they wouldn't be denied if their NOA1 date was out of the VWP 90 day range. Myopia, I didn't see that she wrote that her NOA1 was on a particular date or that she had filled in her timeline immediately, but I guess I could be wrong. In any case, I'm just going to leave the thread. Have a nice day, everyone.

Naturalization

What? Having an interview letter in hand doesn't mean that they wouldn't be denied if their NOA1 date was out of the VWP 90 day range. Myopia, I didn't see that she wrote that her NOA1 was on a particular date or that she had filled in her timeline immediately, but I guess I could be wrong. In any case, I'm just going to leave the thread. Have a nice day, everyone.

She didn't. I found it on another thread she had posted on.

03/09/2011 AOS Application Sent.
03/11/2011 (Day 0) Application Received
03/16/2011 (Day 7) NOA 1 (Text Email)+ (Checks Cashed)
03/19/2011 (Day 10) Hard Copy of NOA 1
03/28/2011 (Day 19) Biometrics letter 4/8/2011
04/08/2011 (Day 30) Successful Biometrics for I-765/I-485
05/13/2011 (Day 65) EAD received in the mail
05/14/2011 (Day 66) Email confirming EAD approved (Case updated online TOUCH)
05/20/2011 (Day 72) SSN In the Mail.

09/08/2011 (Day 200 ) Email notification of Interview.
10/11/2011 Interview at 26 Federal Plaza, NY!
Interviewed and Am expecting RFEs!
10/13/2011 (Day ***) Received RFE-- Requesting that I provide documentation to prove I was never married in Uk or Illin
02/11/2012 (Day ***) Service request..Told its being reviewed by supervisor

24th March 2012!!!!!!!!!!! Email notifiying me of CARD IN PRODUCTION
03/26/2012 (Day 376) Emails confirming that my I-130 and I-485 have been approved.

4/2/2012 Green Card In Hand!

Unbelievable that my journey took this long but Im thankful

Next Stop Premed...Yup!

3/24/2014 Application for conditions to be removed

9/22/2014 APPROVED without interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.