oabdelra

K-1 Visa for Egyptians

9 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Does anyone know if the Visa services in Cairo are active? Have they closed down the embassy? I applied for a K-1 last week (received Feb 9) and got NOA1 electronically today (Feb 16)...currently the application in under "initial review". How long can I expect this to take from Cairo (I am an American man, she is Egyptian). She has entered the US before on a J-1, does that efect the processing time?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I'm curious! Thanks!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

Does anyone know if the Visa services in Cairo are active? Have they closed down the embassy? I applied for a K-1 last week (received Feb 9) and got NOA1 electronically today (Feb 16)...currently the application in under "initial review". How long can I expect this to take from Cairo (I am an American man, she is Egyptian). She has entered the US before on a J-1, does that efect the processing time?

I know these are a lot of questions, but I'm curious! Thanks!

You need to chill you have a while to wait yet. You just got NOA1 electronically cool It will be in review for quite some time yet your NOA1 is just to let you know they have received it. K1 are taking 5months or so so relax and give it a few months.

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Your petition is not in Egypt yet. It is is the USA, and in about 5 months,it will be to the front of the queue and then someone will look at it. Then it will get sent to NVC and then sent to Cairo. Last I heard visa services were suspended in Cairo, but hopefully in 5+ months everything will be back up and running (it might even be now). Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

You need to chill you have a while to wait yet. You just got NOA1 electronically cool It will be in review for quite some time yet your NOA1 is just to let you know they have received it. K1 are taking 5months or so so relax and give it a few months.

Yeah sorry forgot to add that your petition is in USA,as you are petitioning for fiance/ee in Egypt. Once it is approved and sent to NVC will then go on to appropriate consulate in Cairo, Harpa explains it all.

Edited by Barbara J

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

Filed: Timeline

you have a while to wait but currently the US Embassy in Cairo is not processing visas. They have not posted when services will resume. But since you have around 5 months, the embassy should be processing visas by the time your petition gets forwarded to the embassy in Cairo.

If you want to keep updated on the workings of the US Embassy in Cairo here is the website

http://egypt.usembassy.gov/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Sudan
Timeline

It's difficult to say, currently the consulate is closed so all you can do is check their website until they post an announcement that they are open again. If when you get your NOA2 the consulate is still closed, you have the option of having your packet sent to another embassy for the interview.

We just got out NOA2 and my fiancee lives in Sudan but the consulate there does not process immigrant visas so normally we would go through Cairo. I'm going to see if we can go through UAE instead.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, I know your hoping things move faster, I'm hoping with you :) We have waited alittle over 5 months for NOA2..With the embassy closed I'm sure it will be a longer wait. Alot of lives are affected and we're hoping for the best. Keep reading the Egypt Portal and you will see alot of stories and info. Good Luck To You :)

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi, I know your hoping things move faster, I'm hoping with you :) We have waited alittle over 5 months for NOA2..With the embassy closed I'm sure it will be a longer wait. Alot of lives are affected and we're hoping for the best. Keep reading the Egypt Portal and you will see alot of stories and info. Good Luck To You :)

Please fill in your Timeline, it helps others here on VJ to know how many are getting processed and gives hope to everyone also. Have a Great Day!

event.png

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.