ryna

Civil Surgeon/AOS from K-1

7 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We want to file AOS this week but need to get the I-693 taken care of. Unfortunately, her vaccine record (the DS-3025, I think) is marked "incomplete, may be eligible for a waiver" so I think there's no avoiding the civil surgeon if only to sign off on the vaccination record.

Does anyone know of a civil surgeon in or near Orlando, FL that is fair and won't demand more than is required of a K-1 immigrant? At most, my wife should need to finish a vaccine regimen or two as she had the initial ones and the full medical exam in her home country only 3-4 months ago. I've heard that a lot of Civil Surgeons only want $ and demand full exams even when they aren't required.

Thanks

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

We want to file AOS this week but need to get the I-693 taken care of. Unfortunately, her vaccine record (the DS-3025, I think) is marked "incomplete, may be eligible for a waiver" so I think there's no avoiding the civil surgeon if only to sign off on the vaccination record.

Does anyone know of a civil surgeon in or near Orlando, FL that is fair and won't demand more than is required of a K-1 immigrant? At most, my wife should need to finish a vaccine regimen or two as she had the initial ones and the full medical exam in her home country only 3-4 months ago. I've heard that a lot of Civil Surgeons only want $ and demand full exams even when they aren't required.

Thanks

What you need to do is look at USCIS and put in your zip code and that will bring up the CS in your area. You will have to ring around and find out how much they are.Just call and tell them you need a vaccination supplement transferred on to a I-693 for a K1 visa. They only need to fill in part 1.2 and 5 for vaccination only as she has her medical still valid. I printed mine off and took it to the CS and take you DS-3025 with and make sure you make copies of this form ok. Mine said incomplete as well, maybe eligible for waiver too. But hey I got and RFE this wek for AOS and they lost my medical and my 3025. SO just make copies is all I am saying and ring around some CS. Should not cost you any more then $50. You just need vaccination transferred not a medical.:thumbs:

Divorced !st November 2012.

Married only 2 years 1 month

I think there's a long thread on here -- you may have to search for it -- that has people's opinions on their CS experience. You may or may not find information about Orlando area CS's in that thread. I agree that $50 sounds like a reasonable benchmark for vaccination transcription. I paid $40 in upstate NY.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

I think there's a long thread on here -- you may have to search for it -- that has people's opinions on their CS experience. You may or may not find information about Orlando area CS's in that thread. I agree that $50 sounds like a reasonable benchmark for vaccination transcription. I paid $40 in upstate NY.

Thanks.. I didn't see any near Orlando on that list, but I'll look again..

The county health dept here wants $195 but that's for the full exam (minus cost of vaccinations, if needed). They won't do transcription only...

Looks like I'll be calling around some more.yes.gif

N-400

Feb. 12, 2016 - Sent N-400 to USCIS (3-year rule)

Feb. 19, 2016 - NOA1

Mar. 14, 2016 - Biometrics

June 2, 2016 - Interview - Recommended for Approval

We called about 7 before we got one who was nice and didn't demand a medical, and was only charging $25 :) But we are in PA! I am sure FL has good ones too :)

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

• 1 year later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

Thanks

Hi,

My wife has a cousin that needs to get the I-693 transcribed in Orlando and Im just curious if you were able to find a Civil Surgeon that would do the transcription? I did this with my wife however did it in Texas.

For those in the Dallas / Fort-Worth area we used:

Dr. Alfonso Ramirez

1121 West Jefferson Boulevard, Dallas, TX 75208

(214) 943-5773

I believe he charged $25 or $30 for the transcription... This was done back in 2010 and prices have probably changed.

Blog: http://fianceek1visa.blogspot.com/

K1 Timeline:
Service Center : Vermont Service Center
Consulate : Bogota, Colombia
2009-12-26 : I-129F Sent
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA1
2009-12-28 : I-129F NOA2
2010-04-02 : NVC Received
2010-04-05 : Consulate Received
2010-04-20 : Packet 3 Sent (via Fax)
2010-04-22 : Packet 3 Received by Consulate
2010-06-09 : Interview Date (APPROVED)
2010-06-24 : Visa Delivery (Via Domesa)
2010-07-01 : POE (Fort-Lauderdale)

2010-09-04 : Married !!!!

AOS Timeline
2010-09-11 : Packaged express mailed to Chicago Office:
2010-09-13 : Package delivered to USCIS Chicago
2010-09-20 : NOA1 via e-mail
2010-10-15 : Case Xfered to California Service Center
2010-12-01 : Inquiry made regarding delay of biometrics appointment letter
2010-12-15 : Received biometrics appointment letter (Scheduled for 2011-01-05)
2011-01-05 : Biometrics Appointment
2011-01-12 : Work Authorization Card Received
2011-01-26 : Two Year Green Card Received (Thank you VJ!!!!)

Us Citizen

May 2014

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.