NinoniAndBoosBoos

**Buffalo Airport or Toronto Pearson to Visit Fiance**

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

IS CROSSING AT THE BOARDER to get to the Buffalo airport harder than going directly to Toronto Pearson Airport?

I want to book a flight as soon as possible to utilize the time I now have to visit my Fiance in the US - California, the price cost difference is about 1/2 price if I fly out of Buffalo, vs flying out of Toronto Pearson. But I read somewhere the boarder going through to buffalo may be more challenging. I will only have all my K1 documents to date, and my return ticket itinary, seeing I was downsized from my company this Thursday...:unsure: (I believe it is a blessing, so I can now spend maybe 5 weeks with him on this visit) My sister and her hubby will take me to Buffalo as they want to do some cross-boarder shopping and they are offering to take me to the Buffalo airport, how tough are the boarder officials if I choose this route over flying out from Toronto Pearson Airport, anyone on VISA JOURNEY ever do this?????

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

"you mean border, right?"

Yikes...that, in my opinion is rather...rude.

You had nothing to contribute to her question, save to point out she is misspelling "border?". Not even a "good luck with everything"? Ooookay.

OP - crossing the border is ALWAYS up to the discretion of the CBP officer. I've crossed loaded with proof that I would be returning to Canada and still got refused. Other times I've had every shred of evidence possible to prove I'm coming back and they didn't even ask to see it! Good luck, I hope you are successful.

Edited by Sweetcheeksss

Timeline

You had nothing to contribute to her question, save to point out she is misspelling "border?". Not even a "good luck with everything"? Ooookay.

OP - crossing the border is ALWAYS up to the discretion of the CBP officer. I've crossed loaded with proof that I would be returning to Canada and still got refused. Other times I've had every shred of evidence possible to prove I'm coming back and they didn't even ask to see it! Good luck, I hope you are successful.

:blush: oh boy did it again. thanks Sweetcheekss for your support, that was really sweet, sorry yes my spelling these days is horrible, so many things on my mind...yes I meant border...doh!!!!!!, I guess the only way to proceed is go ahead and see what happens, jump in with both feet and prey for the best, be honest, be prepared, be polite. I am a little nervous because I am also booking some time on the coast to view the migration of the grey whales so the cost of booking the Inn, along with the cost of the flight, only to be turned back would be so upsetting.

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I would say is a tossup, I would go with whichever is closer to drive, US Customs has pre-check in the Toronto airport, so if denied entry it would happen before boarding plane in either case.

I have crossed at the three different border crossings in the Buffalo area many times and have not perceived much harassment level. My wife did cross by self on a bus trip and she reported a higher level of harassment, and well as a friend one time.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

you mean border, right?

Yes, border, not Boarder, totally embarressed :blush: thank you for pointing that out, hopefully the border officials wont be checking for spelling errors ;)

event.png

Timeline

I would say is a tossup, I would go with whichever is closer to drive, US Customs has pre-check in the Toronto airport, so if denied entry it would happen before boarding plane in either case.

I have crossed at the three different border crossings in the Buffalo area many times and have not perceived much harassment level. My wife did cross by self on a bus trip and she reported a higher level of harassment, and well as a friend one time.

HI YuandDan, thanks, I think I might try to the buffalo route...wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post my experience on the tread that has been started on this topic. thanks again always appreciate your advice and feedback..cheers.

event.png

Timeline

HI YuandDan, thanks, I think I might try to the buffalo route...wish me luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will post my experience on the tread that has been started on this topic. thanks again always appreciate your advice and feedback..cheers.

My link Newlyweds.....THREAD NOT TREAD...should you be on you spelling watch...

event.png

Timeline

I believe I have read others do this--again it all comes down to the POE officer when you cross the border en-route to Buffalo. good luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

I believe I have read others do this--again it all comes down to the POE officer when you cross the border en-route to Buffalo. good luck

thanks Flames for your goodluck wishes, my goodness that would be so disheartening to be refused entry, ok KEEP POSITIVE I WILL..

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:lol: Remember the days before 911, crossing was always a pleasant experience, was always " where you live, where you going?" never asking for ID or anything.

One time I went across Queenstown/Lewiston with a tractor trailer, got turned around by Canadian customs because load was improperly loaded, load drop order was messed up by the stateside shipper, the US customs officer had a chuckle over seeing me cross in and then back out in less than an hour.

Oh for the friendlier days prior to 911.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

:lol: Remember the days before 911, crossing was always a pleasant experience, was always " where you live, where you going?" never asking for ID or anything.

One time I went across Queenstown/Lewiston with a tractor trailer, got turned around by Canadian customs because load was improperly loaded, load drop order was messed up by the stateside shipper, the US customs officer had a chuckle over seeing me cross in and then back out in less than an hour.

Oh for the friendlier days prior to 911.

oh my goodness too funny.....in and then back in less than an hour too funny...Oh yes oh for the friendlier days prior 911, have yet to be patted down though and go through the xray machine, will be a different experience at the border for sure. I will let you know how it goes..ok now going to book my flights. thanks again.

event.png

Timeline

thanks Flames for your goodluck wishes, my goodness that would be so disheartening to be refused entry, ok KEEP POSITIVE I WILL..

Another thing to keep in mind--is how people that got denied acted!! Some people get downright rude//ignorant! BUT if you asked them,they would say they acted very politely,lol Yes some people get denied for no real reason, but some get denied because they acted like a jerk,lol Being polite/courteous and calm gets one a long way!!

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Timeline

Another thing to keep in mind--is how people that got denied acted!! Some people get downright rude//ignorant! BUT if you asked them,they would say they acted very politely,lol Yes some people get denied for no real reason, but some get denied because they acted like a jerk,lol Being polite/courteous and calm gets one a long way!!

what happens if I start crying?

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Italy
Timeline

why would it be rude? I read the word "boarder" in the original message several times, and as a non native English speaker I was sincerely wondering if the OP meant something other than the line between two countries. I've never been to Buffalo, what do I know if there is something called "Buffalo boarder" over there?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.